A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LizCA217
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by LizCA217 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
Yes but not to that extreme. Also, I thought it was odd that she didn't have that same reaction when Tyler was bleeding on the gurney next to her in the hospital. But a pin prick to someone else made her nearly faint.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No, I was glad he was taking care of her and seeming to be so nice.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I highly agree! He's so smart and already knows the answers to everything, it almost seems obvious that he's been through school before. He speaks more properly than a normal junior. He seems to care about his grades, at least in the fact that he gets good grades.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
He almost seemed more at ease with Bella. I liked his reaction to Mike being jealous or disliking him. The second time I read it, I thought it was funnier than the first. He is kinda cocky!
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

-Nope. But, my friend is worse than Bella about blood. She shudders-and I'm talking full body chills- at the word 'blood.' She hates it. Sometimes just red liquid gets her quesy.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
-I thought it was brilliantly romantic. *swoon* :D

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
-Hmm, I found Bella to be a very general, relatable teenager. I didn't really picture her with a certain grade in mind.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
-I loved it. I'm a sucker for romances, and this was much better than his previous distance-ness.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
amandaxcullen

Post by amandaxcullen »

Absolutly.

I thought it was adourable. I think Edward was just focused on making sure she was safe.

Agree, she's a lot more mature than the kids at my high school.

He's starting showing how much he likes her.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
Katie_Patie
Settled in Forks

Post by Katie_Patie »

yes! i am exactly the same. even science videos make me faint. :shock:
no i knew that she would be alright, i donno edward just seemed so concerned for her.

agree she so isnt like the girls i know
we saw alot more of him and he made himself more well known and nicer
Stupid Shiny volvo owner

"And the lion fell in love with the lamb"
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

When it's a little bit, nope, but if it's a lot I could go either way.

I thought it was rather romantic after I got over my shock. I don't think that the blood was a major issue because Edward focused all his attention to her.

I would have to agree with that. Bella had to emotionally take care of her mom for so long, that it kinda forced her to grow a little faster then most teenaged girls. Plus she's a lot more mature then some of the teens I kind around her age..

I was happy to see him not being mean to Bella, taking care of her like they were dating laid down the ground work. Somewhere in the short time Bella had been with him, I fell in love with him aswell, and Mike being ready to "kill" Edward was kinda funny.
ment2be134
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ment2be134 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? No not really only if there is a lot. to tell the truth I've fallen to many times to be queasy around blood

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? No, I always knew that i couldn't fear for her life because Edward is so, not like that and also i guess i would always think there are other chapters it can't happen that way.

Yeah i agree with that assessment, that's one of the ways i can relate to Bella. But then again it depends on what you think a junior in high school should act like.

I love it. was more an joking side of him but still even when he jokes so intense
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
~ Edward Cullen

"she's diabolical" ~Emmet Cullen
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? Um, I don't think so. Well, I don't care about my own blood, but I don't like seeing other people's blood.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? Nope, not at all. I trusted Edward from the very first time they mentioned him, and I knew he wouldn't hurt Bella

I agree as far as Twilight goes. In the other books Bella acts like a teenager completely.

It's simple: I loved him.
I_love_Bloodsuckers

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

Alphie wrote:1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? Not really. I'm going into the medical field, so personally those kinds of things don't bother me, unless it's like buckets of blood with guts in 'em. *shudder*

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? Not at all. No. I know Edward is very cautious with Bella, and I know that at that point he liked her, so it didn't bother me.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? She acts pretty mature in this book, I agree with Edward.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters? He's more open and caring to Bella. He's starting to realize that he can't ignore her, and that deep donw inside he feels something for her.
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related
Muse<3
Settled in Forks

Post by Muse<3 »

Haha no I'm sorry to say that I can not. Blood does not make me feel quesy or anything.. to me it's just... blood.
AFRAID?! of coarse not. I was like hypervenalating that he was actually carrying her haha. No I didn't think that.

I agree, she is MUCH more mature for her age

He seemed much more... comfortable around her. That he finally was getting over whatever his problem was with her to begin with.
Because Charlie's at the funeral
I'm sorry you have missed him, leave your number at the tone
and he'll get back to you
<3
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

yes and no, im queasy around other peoples blood. Iam ok with mine if the cut isn't that bad. But if iam bleeding to dealth, yes i would be queasy.
no i knew he wouldn't hurt her. If he could stand being around her all the time he could handle this
Yes! she uses big words i don't know half the time
Im not really sure, but he is more comfortable around her a good thing for this chapter
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day