Europeans Unite

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Europeans Unite

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Twilight isn't huge here just yet but it was my bet it wouldn't take long till it was. Et voila.
There's this huge book fair next week in belgium and there's this conference about Twilight, the book and movie. It's next friday at 11am and I have to go to work, so I can't go. But I hope we'll get more info about a release date and stuff like that.
But lost of people will learn about Twilight. And I had to import all the books in english and look everywhere to find a dutch copy of Twilight. That will all change soon ;)
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Lieziewiezie wrote:Twilight isn't huge here just yet but it was my bet it wouldn't take long till it was. Et voila.
There's this huge book fair next week in belgium and there's this conference about Twilight, the book and movie. It's next friday at 11am and I have to go to work, so I can't go. But I hope we'll get more info about a release date and stuff like that.
But lost of people will learn about Twilight. And I had to import all the books in english and look everywhere to find a dutch copy of Twilight. That will all change soon ;)
Unlucks that you can't go. I'm not really a conference person myself lol.
So is Twilight not out in many lanuages yet? To be honest I think reading it in a different language would totally change it, I doubt it would be as good.

When does the movie come out over there?

PS; I LOVE Belgium, Bruges is well nice and I had a great time by the Menin Gate, ( can't remember the place name ) I wasn't that fond of Brussels though , but I did get a really cool hot chocolate whilst there.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
newyorkaise
Settled in Forks

Post by newyorkaise »

I was actually able to find Twilight copies in English in Spain! I went to this huge bookstore place called FNAC (which correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's originally French?) and they had a huge section devoted to Twilight. There were both Spanish and English copies. I've read all the books in English, but I actually only own Breaking Dawn in English. (My sister has the first 3 and she's the one that got me obsessed... I ordered my own copy of BD so we wouldn't fight over the book when it was delivered to the house!) I was debating over whether I should buy one in Spanish for kicks, just to see if I could understand it. (First book is called Crepusculo in Spanish and that's the movie title as well) But they are such heavy books (paperback and hardcover) and I have limited room in my suitcases when I leave Spain!!

They also had The Host in English which I have not read... but they only had the paperback version and that book weighed a brick!!!! Are they super heavy back in the US???

The movie comes out in Spain Dec. 5th and I'm def. going to see it. It doesn't matter if I don't understand every word, I already know the story!
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

newyorkaise wrote:
The movie comes out in Spain Dec. 5th and I'm def. going to see it. It doesn't matter if I don't understand every word, I already know the story!
O my gosh soo unfair! I want Twilight on Dec 5th!! :cry:
In Ireland we've to wait till the 19th....
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

We'll have to wait until Jan, 16th :evil: And I watched the final trailer and I had to laugh so hard :lol: It just sounded wrong... I'm definitely going to watch the movie in English (never intended to see it in German)!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Spartan wrote:
Unlucks that you can't go. I'm not really a conference person myself lol.
So is Twilight not out in many lanuages yet? To be honest I think reading it in a different language would totally change it, I doubt it would be as good.

When does the movie come out over there?

PS; I LOVE Belgium, Bruges is well nice and I had a great time by the Menin Gate, ( can't remember the place name ) I wasn't that fond of Brussels though , but I did get a really cool hot chocolate whilst there.
Well, on wednesday 'Eclips' should be out here (that's the name, just take the 'e' away and you have a duth word, yipee). I bought Twilight in dutch 2 weeks ago to give to my friend cause she didn't felt comftable reading the english one. And she needs to read! But it's quit different though. The translations are not always that. And be honest. What is a Twilight book without the word 'dazzle' in it?

The movie. Well, we always were up for january 1st. But now the date 'november 26th' pops up everywhere. Which sounds like heaven in my ears. I wait to get hysterical happy till we have more confirmed news, cause no theater website or anything has it up. But the Netherlands have december 4th, so it could be true.

Yeah Bruges is an amazing city! I love to go there, and I always feel like a tourist aswell. Not to found of Brussels aswell. If you know the right spots it's ok. But the city is mainly to dirty.
Gent is purely amazing aswell! If you get the chance you need to check that out. And Antwerp. And our coastline :)
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

^^ Hopefully I'll be able to visit all of them someday :lol:
So what does Europe think about Obama being President?
I like him - I was way shocked when I found out that he was like 42 lol. He seems so much better than McCain and Bush who totally made himself look stupid.
newyorkaise
Settled in Forks

Post by newyorkaise »

So I'm not in the US right now and I was talking to my mom on Skype (whose read a few of the books but I can't remember if she's read all of them) and she was all "Yeah your sister and I are gonna go see Twilight together!" It doesn't come out in Spain til Dec. 5th but even then I probs won't have time to go see it. I'm hoping it becomes available online somewhere... I'd much rather watch it in English!!
Jinks
Settled in Forks

Post by Jinks »

Hello there! (Hey Newyorkaise, I think I already know you :p)
Anywhoo, don't you worry I'm sure there are theaters in Spain that shows movies in their original version. It comes out December 5th there huh?
January 7th for France. Gah.

(By the way, hello people! I'm new :) haha)
Avatar credit goes to hayley_cullen
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Jinks wrote:Hello there! (Hey Newyorkaise, I think I already know you :p)
Anywhoo, don't you worry I'm sure there are theaters in Spain that shows movies in their original version. It comes out December 5th there huh?
January 7th for France. Gah.

(By the way, hello people! I'm new :) haha)
Hey Jinks! So you're french? Haha! My first french exchange Hated me :lol: