Dr. Who

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Re: Dr. Who

Post by Bizarre Star »

mandustries wrote:
Bizarre Star wrote:*laughs* All those fols I mentioned were from the 10th Doctor. Ross was a really cute UNIT soldier who helped 10 during the Atmos thing. Sally Sparrow is the girl from Blink. Alonzo *dreamy sigh* is from the Christmas special where he's on the Titanic.
Agh, embarrassed over here. I guess I was paying too much attention to the Doctor to really have the side characters sink in.
It doesn't help I obsess over minor characters. I love Doctor Who minor characters. There's always so much more that can be explored. Each "extra" has more personality than most shows... or maybe I'm looking WAY to deep.
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

Aw, I saw the last episode of Doctor Who couple of weeks ago!
Gosh, I know what you guys were talking about now when you said the Doctor whispering on Rose's ear...
And getting a doctor of her own.

Aw, it was saddddd!
:(
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

I miss the Doctor. :(
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

OMG. I thought the ending wuz also really generic, but I somehow saw it coming. As soon as the 2nd doctor popped up, I knew he wuz gonna end up leaving with Rose. And Rose and Donna were just great. They went with the Doctor so well! Although, I kinda thought Rose matched up better with the 10th Doctor than the 9th. But I did miss the 9th Doctor after he changed. I really liked that actor... But anywayz, I thought it sucked that Donna couldn't ever remember the Doctor anymore... :cry: , that wuz SO sad! And also I got really ticked off when Rose kept trying to get in touch with the Doctor and Martha got to be part of the group instead of her. That wuz just MEAN! :x
Cause I really missed Rose and Martha kept getting on my nerves...sigh* Well the last episode wuz definitely awesome. It's probably the best one yet. But I hope the Christmas Special is even better! :mrgreen:
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

ALL4TEAMEDWARD wrote:OMG. I thought the ending wuz also really generic, but I somehow saw it coming. As soon as the 2nd doctor popped up, I knew he wuz gonna end up leaving with Rose.
I felt so sorry for Rose, even though this Doctor was human enough to love her like she deserved, it's difficult to see her not with The Doctor she fell in love with. It was also heart-breaking for The Doctor, giving her up for another person (who's is him but not him). I hope she, The Doctor and The Half-Doctor meet up again, that would be a interesting dynamic.

I also hope we see Jenny again, so The Doctor knows that she is alive and more Time Lord than he thought. They'd have some fun together (seeing him playing jealous Dad would be funny).
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

I just knew that he wouldn't regenerate. And I knew it would have something to do with his hand. I love David Tennant sooooo much - He's just awsome. He's what got me into Doctor Who.
I always thought that Donna would end up in love with him like the others until she said she wouldn't on Jonothan Ross : P She was one of my favourite characters, I just laughed my head off at the line
" I Just want a mate.
You. Just. Want. To. MATE??"
It was hilarious, there are loads more of her lines that I love.

I disliked Russel T Davies as the writer though, he just kept regurgitating old ideas and The actors were the only things that made watching it worthwhile. I remember last year like my whle maths class ( Teacher Included ) had this big discussion about the series.

When they showed that clip of "Next time On Doctor Who" and it said he had a daughter I like freaked out haha

How many of you aren't British?

*Edit*

When I came home from Ireland my dad mentioned David Tennant to me and I thought this convo was funny;

Dad ; Did you hear about David Tennant?
Me ; ( wary ) No..Why?
Dad ; He's Jacked it in.
Me ; ( Horrified ) OMG He's Dead!?! No!
Dad ; ( amused ) "Jacked it in" means quit not dead.
Me ; ( like bursting with relief ) Oh thank God. Well How Was I supposed to know?

So yeh I found that funny, I thought it had been official like ages ago that he was only doing one more series so I wasn't suprised.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

:shock: DOCTOR WHO!!! OMFG!! This show is so so SO amazing!! true i have not seen the older stuff but i have seen all four new seasons and i VERY narked (understatement my real feelings are not PG-13) that David tennant has announced that he is leaving Doctor WHo :cry: he *CANNOT* do that to us!! he is the best doctor ever!! he brings so much energy to the part and after his three seasons anyone else playing the doctor will just seem like a terrible let-down. Why can't he stay?!?!?
On the companion front i have to say im a Rose fan all the way her and the Doctor sooo sweet but my god did i cry at the end of season two when she got stuck in the alternate universe, my sister wondered what the heck was up with me when she came in and im blubbering like a baby. (i'm just overly sensitive thank u very much ! *sniff*) So that is why i hated martha with a passion, ugh she annoyed me! Donna was an ace companion though she was so funny with the doctor having an go at him when he annoyed her :lol: it was sad that she had to have her mind wiped, wilf is a great character as well.
Best scene i think in season four in Turn Left where Donna ends up in her own alternate universe where the Doctor dies *gasp* and Rose turns up. the bit at the end as alternate Donna dies and Rose tells her something to say to the Doctor. When Donna says Bad Wolf to the Doctor MY GOD his face was *speechless* when he realises Rose can comunicate through the void. I was soo happy i wanted so badly for Rose to come back its just a shame that the Timelord Doctor can never say he loves her cos it would just destroy him when he eventually lost her but i spose it is sort of good that she gets the human Doctor who remembers all the times with her and how much he missed her when she was gone.
*sees size of post* oopsies sorry i get really over-excited when i talk about Doctor Who so i shall stop now. :mrgreen:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

LadyViolet wrote::shock: DOCTOR WHO!!! OMFG!! This show is so so SO amazing!! true i have not seen the older stuff but i have seen all four new seasons and i VERY narked (understatement my real feelings are not PG-13) that David tennant has announced that he is leaving Doctor WHo :cry: he *CANNOT* do that to us!! he is the best doctor ever!! he brings so much energy to the part and after his three seasons anyone else playing the doctor will just seem like a terrible let-down. Why can't he stay?!?!?
I kno right?! He is like the best Doctor yet and its not just his good looks(I SOOO <3 his AWESOME hair :D )he is just SO random and smart and crazy and funny that he's just perfect :lol: He plays his part well in the fact that he has just SO MUCH energy. I will really miss him :cry:

The day my Dad told me that it was coming back on i swear i almost died. :shock: I had seen a lot of the older episodes, which were really cool, but I never even fathomed they would bring it back. I loved the first episode with the Autons but since then the show has evolved into something even better than i thought it would be and I'm glad that they did actually bring it back :mrgreen: <3
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

I've not seen any full episodes of te origional series - I've seen parts of them and wasn't too fond of them. I got into the show when David Tennant ( WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) Joined and watched the first series on the internet, which I hadn't watched before because I didn't really like Christopher Eccleston. I think he's alright now but David Tennant ( WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) will always be my favourite. - As much as I love him though I think he can only really do another series or two ( i know he's only doing 1 ) and I'm really interested in who will be the next doctor. The next series is gonna be awsome because it won't be Russel T. Davies anymore who just kept regurgitating old ideas. Hopefully next series the big enemy won't be Daleks or Cybermen. I liked the Master though - Who else thought that John Simm Was Fricking AWSOME!?! Well Yeh - Hopefully the next Doctor will have a different dynamic to David Tennant ( WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) It would suck if they just tried to copy him.

Did any of you watch Torchwood?
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

i know it may be good to get a different dynamic to David but after watching that mini-sode from Children in Need i really hope to god they don't get David morrisey as the next Doctor or i will actually die. he acted like such a smarmy twit "the one , the only, the best..." i mean how up yourself can u get?!?!? and i really wanted to burn that suit he was wearing... :twisted:
i wouldn't mind watching more of torchwood i have not seen really seen any of it but Captain Jack is so awesome i want to watch all of it.
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)