General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Well in real life it would have been freaky, naturally, but this is fiction guys! I have nothing against Jacob/Nessie relationship, and I really liked it! I didn't see that coming at all, and it surprised me at that point. Renesmee is a really happy person - since the day she was born she already has a true, caring and loving person beside her - for the rest of eternity, and her parents will never leave her as well! I really envy her hahahah!!
Last edited by tinuviel2006 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoldEyesSilentHeart
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by GoldEyesSilentHeart »

Aw, I love Jake and Nessie! They are sooooo cute!! I really wish Stephenie would continue the story with them. I want to see how they turn out!
I'll be your star if you'll be my sky.
I'll be your Bella if you'll be my Edward.
I'll be your forever if you'll be my everything.
&&Heartsss
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Hate it. It downplayed his character soooo much. Jake became this love sick puppy and it drove me to near insanity. Ahh. I can't even add more.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

I'm really hoping that the Jake/Nessie relationship grows on me. When I first read it, I was a bit surprised. I'm trying to be more open-minded about it as I go through BD this 2nd time. I think that the more I read on here, and the more I talk about it, the more it becomes clear. Bella stated that after she became a vampire, she no longer felt that connection to Jake. Jake also said that he no longer felt that connection to Bella. I'll just keep focusing on the positives of it, and maybe that will help me get over my "freaked out" about it.

Good comparison between Monica and Richard... because I'm a die hard "Friends" fan, too. However, there's only one problem with that... Richard never dated Monica's mom Judy or was in love with her. That was my only big concern of Jake imprinting on Nessie, that Jake had actually wanted a future with Bella in Eclipse and was trying to make her choose him over Edward. Anyway, like I said, I'll keep focusing on the positives about it. :)
sarah-belle
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by sarah-belle »

At first, I was absolutely FURIOUS that Jacob imprinted, especially on Bella's kid. I really, really wanted him to fall in love. So I was a little biased for a while about their relationship.
But then I realized that all that really mattered to me was that Jake was happy, even if it was with a half vampire baby. So I don't know, I guess they're kind of cute together.
Image Image
Are we wasting time or is it wasting us?
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

Honestly, it disgusts me.

Ignoring all the other sickening implications (Jacob tried to murder 'Nessie's' father because he was "in love" with her mother, plotted to tear her out of Rosalie's arms and rip her apart before SM dropped the magical fairy dust on him) Jacob is apparently going to be involved in the raising (grooming is a better word) of a child he intends to make his MATE.

It's explotation. It's unethical.

He is in a position of POWER over a child. She will never be given the choice to find anyone else or take another path in life - he's always going to be there.

And before you accuse me of being a meanie to poor l'il Jake - I find Quil's behavior towards Claire just as abhorrent.

As for, "But it's not *sexual*!" Not yet. Please. Quil is refusing to date any other girls - he's trying to be "faithful" to Claire. A *two-year old child*. And Jacob gave 'Nessie' a promise bracelet. (Why don't they just pee on the children to mark their territory?)

The only way this plotline could be even remotely acceptable is if Quil and Jacob stepped OUT of these *babies'* lives and let them gain experience on their own. If it's really *meant to be*, it will be.

Or better yet, have Quil and Jacob fall in love naturally, and realize that their imprints have another purpose in their lives. Stephenie wants the readers to believe imprinting is "pure" - put your money where your mouth is, Ms Meyer! Show Jacob making a choice!
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

It's not creepy cause I kind of interpreted it as:
Jacob loved Bella, but the original attraction was a bit like Bella's attraction during her pregnancy, it was the pull of renesmee even before she was an idea. Im just wondering about the kids.
They would be pretty messed up human/shapeshifter/vampire is a tad too many slashes.
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
Isabella M. Swan
Settled in Forks

Post by Isabella M. Swan »

winchestersgirl wrote:I'm sorry to all those out there who actually like Jacob/Renesme. I think it is disgusting.

It is just creepy. Jacob is in love with Bella. He wants to have kids with her, kisses her. And based on Edward's statement in ECLIPSE, Jacob has strong sexual fantasies about Bella. And what....now Bella chooses Edward and He imprints on her daughter. Jacob will (ONE DAY) be fantasizing about Renesme, much like he did about her mom!? EWWW.

I mean how would you feel if that were you? If you fell for a guy and found out that he was once 'involved' with your mother...... I would not be delighted to be imprinted on 'my perfect match'. I would be repulsed.

And I agree with Andrea S., it seemed far too convenient. I was honestly expected the baby to be a boy, like in Bella's visions, and for Jacob to be killed off. Jacob lost Bella. They wanted to give him a happy ending. Jacob lost Bella to Edward, so Jacob gets her daughter. It seemed like a cop-out. All the characters tied up in a neat little bow, Edward gets Bella and Jacob gets Renesme... everyone gets to live happily ever after. But that makes it even less real. Life never ends happily ever after. COP-OUT. Sorry J/R fans, but I don't think it is sweet. I think is revolting and it ruined the book for me.

my 2 cents.

I could not have said it better myself. I seriously thought he and Leah would have been paired up, not by imprinting, but by just plain falling in love. I guess it would have been too much for Leah to bear had Jacob eventually imprinted though. It really sucks that the entire Breaking Dawn book was wrapped up in a neat little bow. SM would have done way better had she just lived on the edge a bit. She played it safe and everything was just blah.
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

At first I didn't know what to think. I wasn't happy, but I wasn't mad. I did think it was weird though..
After I keep reading, it just sort of grew on me and I liked that Jacob finally imprinted and he could be truly happy and that Bella and Jacob are still going to be friends/family (?) The family part is still sort of weird to me though..
Jake and Nessie are cute though..in a way (:
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
KeepMeWithYou
Wandering Through Town
Location: In the City of Nothing with my Dhampir, Xavier, and his human Ally

Post by KeepMeWithYou »

Lizzie wrote:Actually I'm quite satisfied with Jacob imprinting on Nessie.
I like him and I certainly wanted him to be happy, but not with Bella (because she OBVIOUSLY belongs to Edward!!) and that was a bit of a dilemma, because being happy for Jacob included him being with Bella (or imprint on someone, for that matter).
On the other hand I didn't want him to imprint on any girl who happens to come along. Dilemma again...
And I wanted him to be friends with Bella...
So this was probably the best outcome I could wish for - Jake is happy and in some way tied to Bella, but no longer in love with her and thus not in pain anymore. Bella happy, Jake happy, Edward happy, Nessie happy, everyone happy - excellent ;)
I liked the whole J/Ness thing. I wanted everyone to be happy and the imprinting on some random girl would be weird.

Lizzie wrote:When Edward called Jake "my son" I was like "WHOA... this is so going against nature!!")
I thought it was touching...but true it would be strange when/if Jake and Nessie get married. :lol: Losts of explaining to do.