Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by Amethyst1 »

twilight1909 wrote:Oh definitely. Edward has always been my pull to the Twilight universe, so I was lost when he wasn't there.
All I could think about during NM was "when is Edward coming back?! okay, not this chapter...it better be the next one." As you can imagine, I was disappointed for quite a while.
lol same here.
for me, when i got to where he said goodbye to bella, i read two more pages and i was like "i can't read this." so i flipped all the way to the end and read like half a page of edward talking and i was like "YES YES he comes back" so then i relaxed a little and enjoyed the book. so it was very bittersweet. jacob was very insignificant at that time. i never realized people hated him in new moon (well i don't blame them at the end there) but yeah, eclipse came a long...

Edward edward edward edward edward...
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

Me too! Well, I flipped throught the book till I saw a line where Alice was talking, and thought, "Okay, he's not gone forever. Just keep reading." SM said something on her site that made me laugh-and it's so true:
"When the advanced reading copies began to fall into the hands of my fans, I asked people read New Moon twice, promising that I would explain why later. It's later, and this is why: the first time through New Moon, I've found that readers are so anxious about the absence of Edward that they can't settle into the middle portion of the book. They skim and speed read and flip ahead until, at last, they find him again. However, at that point they've missed the main section of the novel almost completely. On a second reading, knowing that Edward will return to the story at the proper place and time, the reader can slow down and enjoy the wondrousness that is Jacob Black."
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

haha I forced myself not to do that, but it was very difficult at times. I knew he had to come back because of the passage on the back of the book. But it did not happen soon enough! I didn't hate Jacob in NM, but I was torn between wanting Bella to be happy and wanting her to wait for Edward. Overall though, I was annoyed with Jacob. IMO, he kept getting in the way. Don't get me started on Eclipse. I'll be on my soap box, and this is not the thread for that. :)

I was totally guilty of speed reading through NM to get to Edward. I have yet to re-read it (waiting for this semester to end), but I'll never think Jacob is the "wondrousness" that is Edward Cullen. :D
Last edited by twilight1909 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

rapidheartbeat<3twi wrote:Me too! Well, I flipped throught the book till I saw a line where Alice was talking, and thought, "Okay, he's not gone forever. Just keep reading." SM said something on her site that made me laugh-and it's so true:
"When the advanced reading copies began to fall into the hands of my fans, I asked people read New Moon twice, promising that I would explain why later. It's later, and this is why: the first time through New Moon, I've found that readers are so anxious about the absence of Edward that they can't settle into the middle portion of the book. They skim and speed read and flip ahead until, at last, they find him again. However, at that point they've missed the main section of the novel almost completely. On a second reading, knowing that Edward will return to the story at the proper place and time, the reader can slow down and enjoy the wondrousness that is Jacob Black."
yeah, well I never really listen to SM though i really love her. me and her don't share the same passionate emotions towards Jacob (mine is sort of on the level of homicide(well, i wouldn't go that far, but...) and hers is sort of "marry me, jacob?")

hm, though i do admit. i was frantic about edward's absense, i actaully enjoyed jacob my first read (and i like him every now i read new moon, just those last chapters)

hmm. Edward. did anyone read that small extra on SM's website of how edward was feeling during bella's absense. oh my god, it's SO sad it made me cry.
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

malaz wrote:hmm. Edward. did anyone read that small extra on SM's website of how edward was feeling during bella's absense. oh my god, it's SO sad it made me cry.
OME, I never saw this on her website! Thank you, I'm reading it now.
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/nm_extras_rosalie.pdf
Only 3 paragraphs in and I'm already about to cry! :cry: jeez.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

twilight1909 wrote:
malaz wrote:hmm. Edward. did anyone read that small extra on SM's website of how edward was feeling during bella's absense. oh my god, it's SO sad it made me cry.
OME, I never saw this on her website! Thank you, I'm reading it now.
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/nm_extras_rosalie.pdf
Only 2 paragraphs in and I'm already about to cry! :cry: jeez.
i just reread it as well.
*wipes eyes* so...amazing. well edward is.

How long do you think it would have taken him to go back?
i would guess one more month, or two weeks and i'd bet he would have went back.
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Well you know how adamant Edward can be, so I think another month or two. Maybe even longer, but he definitely would have come back. It's so heartbreaking because as miserable as Bella was, at least she had Jacob. Edward was totally and completely alone in his misery. And he was even more tortured by it because he caused it, thinking it was best for her....

"I'd made a promise. Bella deserved a life.
I repeated the words like a mantra, trying to clear my head of the seductive image of Bella's dark window. The doorway to my only sanctuary."

...*dies*
Last edited by twilight1909 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dark_Heart
Settled in Forks

Post by Dark_Heart »

I have someone who's like my own personal Bella... and I wouldn't have been able to even stand another minute. Edward probably would've frozen for a good while, then started towards Forks as fast as possible. Remember, Edward is the fastest of the Cullens... He'd get there pretty fast. lol
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Dark_Heart wrote:I have someone who's like my own personal Bella... and I wouldn't have been able to even stand another minute. Edward probably would've frozen for a good while, then started towards Forks as fast as possible. Remember, Edward is the fastest of the Cullens... He'd get there pretty fast. lol
dude, are you a twilight guy?
LOL, i definitely agree. once he decided to go back. he'd move like a bolt of lightning that never struck.
I wonder how the reunion of him going back to her have gone. she should write an alternate ending for curiousty sake.
"I'd made a promise. Bella deserved a life.
I repeated the words like a mantra, trying to clear my head of the seductive image of Bella's dark window. The doorway to my only sanctuary."
i know. saving her life was his first priority, so much that he was willing to sulk in pain for eternity and sacrafice his own happiness.
*cries*
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Yay, we love Twiguys!
I seriously wish SM would just re-write the whole saga from Edward's perspective. Getting in his head is so AMAZING. It makes me fall even more in love with him. sigh.