Edward Cullen #2

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby twilight1909 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:59 pm

^ I understand the courtesy and respect you're asking for, but I'm sure that was meant as a joke. Sometimes I think we take things too seriously on here. (Yes, you could even tell me that you hate Edward. I still love him :D )
Image
Image
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
User avatar
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Waiting in the meadow

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby holdingoutforjacob » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:00 am

she's said it several times now, and it's not a joke anymore. even if it is a joke, it's not funny, it's character bashing, which is explicitly not allowed. i think i was polite and courteous in my request, and i'd say the same thing if anyone said that about edward, alice, leah, billy, sam, even (gasp) rosalie.
Image

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
User avatar
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan
 
Posts: 2169
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: Where the wild things are...

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby twilight1909 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:38 am

holdingoutforjacob wrote:she's said it several times now, and it's not a joke anymore. even if it is a joke, it's not funny, it's character bashing, which is explicitly not allowed. i think i was polite and courteous in my request, and i'd say the same thing if anyone said that about edward, alice, leah, billy, sam, even (gasp) rosalie.


He's a guy just to let you know. Yes, you were polite. Saying it more than once is not in-the-moment-sarcasm so I agree that constitutes as character bashing. Okay - no death wishes. Let's keep it light.

New discussion ideas anyone?

Side note: ONE MORE DAY!!! AHH!
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/14/ex ... d-romance/
(I had to.)
Image
Image
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
User avatar
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Waiting in the meadow

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby Kachiti » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:41 am

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
Dark_Heart, i would never ever say that any character should just die, out of respect for the others around me and respect for SM's hard work. could you show the same courtesy and respect please? it's what keeps these forums going. thanks!

Visitor, i disagree with you sooo often, but i have such a hard time doing it, because it's difficult to come up with posts that are as coherent and intelligent as yours are! plus, i have a hard time disagreeing in general, when what you say DOES make sense usually.

bella is 100% herself with jacob. in new moon, it's true that she wasn't herself completely, but she was more with him than with anyone else certainly. after new moon, in eclipse and BD, she was completely and 100% comfortable and herself with him. she doesn't bother to hide her faults from him, the way she does with edward.

now that's not to say that their relationship is "better" in any way. just different.


No way Bella was a 100% with Jacob. She was a mess when she walk into Jacob garage. In reality she was using him. She gets Jacob to fix the bikes so she can hear Edward's voice. Yes she enjoyed being around Jacob but she was never completely honest with him. Don't get me wrong, Jacob did help Bella by saving her life. He was a good friend to her but Jacob deserved so much better then Bella in NM.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Somewhere between dreams and reality

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby DumBumm » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:59 am

I was wondering this the other day... Can Edward hear thoughts threw the phone, if he is talking to someone. :?:
Image
User avatar
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Over The Rainbow

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby twilight1909 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:12 am

DumBumm wrote:I was wondering this the other day... Can Edward hear thoughts threw the phone, if he is talking to someone. :?:


No. As I posted on p. 95, read http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/nm_extras_rosalie.pdf and you can see that Edward is not able to read Rosalie's thoughts during the phone call. Also, when he called Charlie he would have realized that it was Jacob on the phone, and that the funeral was not Bella's. Sure would have saved a lot of grief though!
Image
Image
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
User avatar
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Waiting in the meadow

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby DumBumm » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:20 am

twilight1909 wrote:
DumBumm wrote:I was wondering this the other day... Can Edward hear thoughts threw the phone, if he is talking to someone. :?:


No. As I posted on p. 95, read http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/nm_extras_rosalie.pdf and you can see that Edward is not able to read Rosalie's thoughts during the phone call. Also, when he called Charlie he would have realized that it was Jacob on the phone, and that the funeral was not Bella's. Sure would have saved a lot of grief though!



Oh, well thats a bummer! i think it would've been cool if he'd be able to... but now i feel stupid for asking the Question.... :oops:

Thanks anyway! :)
Image
User avatar
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Over The Rainbow

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby twilightroxmysox » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:15 am

It looks like this thread needs a new topic hmm... I'm listening to Bella's lullaby right now and I'm thinking playing/composing music is one of Edward's hobbies. What do you think some others are? I know that we are told some of them but I think it would be fun to imagine what other things he would love or hate and what kind of things he did in the past like the 50's or something.
Image
thanks to lalaith913 for the image

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Paste him on your sig so he can gain control!

E<3B
twilightroxmysox
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:27 am
Location: Sydney Australia

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby Lunna-san » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:51 am

twilightroxmysox wrote:It looks like this thread needs a new topic hmm... I'm listening to Bella's lullaby right now and I'm thinking playing/composing music is one of Edward's hobbies. What do you think some others are? I know that we are told some of them but I think it would be fun to imagine what other things he would love or hate and what kind of things he did in the past like the 50's or something.


I think it is collecting cars. Maybe it's something he shares with Rosalie. I could imagine them in front of one of the Cullen cars, trying to figure what's wrong. It could be the only moment where they actually, agree. :)
User avatar
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Postby holdingoutforjacob » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:31 am

Kachiti wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:
Dark_Heart, i would never ever say that any character should just die, out of respect for the others around me and respect for SM's hard work. could you show the same courtesy and respect please? it's what keeps these forums going. thanks!

Visitor, i disagree with you sooo often, but i have such a hard time doing it, because it's difficult to come up with posts that are as coherent and intelligent as yours are! plus, i have a hard time disagreeing in general, when what you say DOES make sense usually.

bella is 100% herself with jacob. in new moon, it's true that she wasn't herself completely, but she was more with him than with anyone else certainly. after new moon, in eclipse and BD, she was completely and 100% comfortable and herself with him. she doesn't bother to hide her faults from him, the way she does with edward.

now that's not to say that their relationship is "better" in any way. just different.


No way Bella was a 100% with Jacob. She was a mess when she walk into Jacob garage. In reality she was using him. She gets Jacob to fix the bikes so she can hear Edward's voice. Yes she enjoyed being around Jacob but she was never completely honest with him. Don't get me wrong, Jacob did help Bella by saving her life. He was a good friend to her but Jacob deserved so much better then Bella in NM.


agreed, but re-read my post. i definitely said that bella was not herself with jacob IN NM, but in ECLIPSE and BD she was. and, frankly, in NM, i can't think of anyone that she was CLOSER to herself with.
Image

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
User avatar
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan
 
Posts: 2169
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: Where the wild things are...

PreviousNext

Return to Sparkling in the Sun

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron