Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Re: Special Effects

Post by CullenxLove »

i cant wait to see how they made rob sparkle in the sun :D but the whole flying thing kinda looks a tad bit..lame :X lol i dont know, im sure it will be great, and that i will love it :D

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I've read some reviews and the critics are saying the effects are "CHEESY" . I wished they didn't do the whole flying thing. WTF were they thinking. They had such a low budget and not a lot of CGI. Critics are so used to CGI that maybe that's why they didn't like the special effects.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

switzgal wrote:I've read some reviews and the critics are saying the effects are "CHEESY" . I wished they didn't do the whole flying thing. WTF were they thinking. They had such a low budget and not a lot of CGI. Critics are so used to CGI that maybe that's why they didn't like the special effects.
there are reviews out???
please please please gimme links. i'll owe you forever.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

malaz wrote:
switzgal wrote:I've read some reviews and the critics are saying the effects are "CHEESY" . I wished they didn't do the whole flying thing. WTF were they thinking. They had such a low budget and not a lot of CGI. Critics are so used to CGI that maybe that's why they didn't like the special effects.
there are reviews out???
please please please gimme links. i'll owe you forever.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 6400.story

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/11/ ... eview.html

http://www.variety.com/VE1117939072.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta ... ou-18.html
forest green
Settled in Forks

Post by forest green »

I just saw the movie tonight!!!! The running up trees and flying part was kinda cheesy, just like I knew it would be. But it's only a small part of it. So not a big deal. And I was happy with the sparkling!!
Soubiluv98
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soubiluv98 »

forest green wrote:I just saw the movie tonight!!!! The running up trees and flying part was kinda cheesy, just like I knew it would be. But it's only a small part of it. So not a big deal. And I was happy with the sparkling!!
I really didn't mind the whole tree part. But yeah, THANK GOD the sparkling isn't that bad. Like, that's what i'm really worried about. :/

thou shalt not eat of it
thou shalt surely die
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I agree with Pel that there should be a BIG difference between the vampires and humans... but from what I can tell in the trailers... that's not the case. Don't get me wrong, they're all lovely. But I don't think "wow, they totally stand out."

Oh well. I'm sure they did the best they could with the budget this film had. Ugh, why couldn't this movie get more funding? It would have been unstoppable! It also would have been cool to use special effects with the vamp's eyes. Contacts aren't as intense, and the color is harder to notice.

Still WAY excited for the movie. 1 MORE DAY!!!!!!! XD

For those of you who already saw it (I'm so jealous), was it better or worse than you expected?
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
forest green
Settled in Forks

Post by forest green »

It was for sure better than I expected. I was nervous about the flying and cheesy lines and some of the acting, but even though they were still there, it didn't over power the movie. And Kristen was really good, I thought. That was one of my big worries.

Overall the story stays pretty true to the book. There are little things that are left out or changed around but movies are never EXACTLY the same as the book. So if you can get over that, I'm sure you'll love it.

As for the eye color, it was subtle but you definitely could tell the difference between the hungry eyes, the golden eyes and the bad vamps' red eyes. So one less thing to worry about! I can't wait until everyone has seen it and we can all talk about it!
jthom
Settled in Forks

Post by jthom »

I saw the movie Tuesday and unfortunately, for me, the special effects were not that great. They were actually one of the weakest parts of the movie. Although I thought the way they handled the baseball scene worked well. I think if the remaining books get made into movies, and Twilight makes enough money, the effects will get better in the future.
http://tinyurl.com/5kp6b8
Mavors
Settled in Forks

Post by Mavors »

twilight1909 wrote:Oh well. I'm sure they did the best they could with the budget this film had. Ugh, why couldn't this movie get more funding?
Well I suppose with all the hype and the success the film is having, and hoping a loads of tickets will be sold, most probably the founds will increase for the New Moon. And yeah looking forward to see the film too. Tomorrow I'm gonna see for myself how this special effect were done, even if from the trailer I saw the shot when Edward grab Bella and then fly outside the window wasn't that great. >_> Oh well not that special effects are all that important. No need to be awesome, jsut above decensy.
Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt