Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by vampire_elf »

Wingtear wrote:
vampire_elf wrote:My bookfriend reads, if he reads at all, non fictional books, about management, economics and so on. All books I don't even look at! :D
Is that bookfriend Edward by any chance?
Ooops! :oops:

Well, wishful thinking... Who can blame me? :D But does Edward read non-fictional books on economics?
What my boyfriend and Edward have in common, though, is the pale skin, reddish hair and green eyes. And their love for cars and fast driving! :D

Did I mention that I'm a lousy typer? :lol:

I'm not a Southpark fan, more into Simpsons!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

^Oh, i think Edward has read just about anything, all those late nights when the others were "discussing the national debt"...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I have heard some of the HP books on tape and thought they were good...but I hear ya on the weirdness of hearing someone read aloud... I re-read HP last month cause I didn't want to read Twilight before the movie, and I hadn't read it since Deathly Hallows came out...I forgot how good it really was.

So 20 somethings...anyone else disappointed...I was. :cry: Kristen just really did nothing for me...Rob tried to save it, but it was still :meh: overall.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

awesomejen1 wrote:I have heard some of the HP books on tape and thought they were good...but I hear ya on the weirdness of hearing someone read aloud... I re-read HP last month cause I didn't want to read Twilight before the movie, and I hadn't read it since Deathly Hallows came out...I forgot how good it really was.

So 20 somethings...anyone else disappointed...I was. :cry: Kristen just really did nothing for me...Rob tried to save it, but it was still :meh: overall.
lol i loved kristen!!!! and tyler as well....Rob wa just ok for me...he was too....intense????
but i liked it :)
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

^^
I liked Kristen, she did good, Rob never was my thing anyway so I'm prejudice on that one but Taylor? Wow! I had never imagined! Look forward to see more of him in New Moon!
And Billy Burke was the biggest surprice
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

Haven't seen the movie yet since it will only be released in January here but everyone seemed to like Charlie (I read that somewhere else too). Judging from the trailers I expect a better performance from Rob than Kristen but I will have to wait and see. The reviews seemed pretty mixed and I'm not sure what to make of that. :? I try not to read too much (but I can''t stay away entirely either) so that I don't get the wrong impression/preconcieved opinion.

Right now feels like some kind of anticlimax for me. All that excitement for the movie and now that it's finally released I can't watch it and just get those mixed reviews to confuse me...
I'm sooo jealous that you all got tho see it!!! I'm rereading Twilight as a subsitute for the movie! ;) And the more often I read it the more I feel the love story between Edward and Bella. It gets more intense every time (having the draft of MS in the back of my mind and therefore knowing what Edward thinks in certain situations definitely helped to intensify it!)!

twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Oh yay i never knew this thread was here! Im 23!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

twilight813 wrote:Oh yay i never knew this thread was here! Im 23!!
Welcome! I'm 26 and as much as I think that it's great that Twilight is loved by people of all ages it's good to talk to people your age! :D

I wasn't that happy about the media only writing about all the Twilight fans being screaming teenagers (nothing against screaming teenagers! no disrespect meant!) because that's just not true! There so many different kinds of Twilight fans and it was kind of condescending (towards the teens as well as the other fans which aren't even recognised as fans)! Anyone else irked by that?

Sorry for the rant! ;)

twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

vampire_elf wrote:
twilight813 wrote:Oh yay i never knew this thread was here! Im 23!!
Welcome! I'm 26 and as much as I think that it's great that Twilight is loved by people of all ages it's good to talk to people your age! :D

I wasn't that happy about the media only writing about all the Twilight fans being screaming teenagers (nothing against screaming teenagers! no disrespect meant!) because that's just not true! There so many different kinds of Twilight fans and it was kind of condescending (towards the teens as well as the other fans which aren't even recognised as fans)! Anyone else irked by that?

Sorry for the rant! ;)

i 100% agree with you. I am a Twi-hard fan but im not a screaming teenager. It kind of upset me that everyone is put into that category because thats the majority. when i went to see the midnight showing i felt like an outcast. i mean i got flutters in my stomach when edward came on screen but i wasnt screaming!! lol. i cant wait to go see it again when all the teens are in school and i can watch it and pay attention to it lol.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

vampire_elf wrote: Judging from the trailers I expect a better performance from Rob than Kristen but I will have to wait and see.
Don't go by the trailers or the scenes that were released!! They were awful and did not do the movie justice IMHO. Also, keep in mind, it isn't the book. That seems to be a mistake fans are making...they want it word for word with the book, and it isnt even close! They do hit all the major points though, and try to keep with the essence of the book :)
I personally, liked it and I'm going again on Sat with my MIL and SIL.

As for the screaming teenagers getting all the press...I don't really care one way or the other, I guess...as long as it's quiet during the movie lol! (which mine was)
Although I do have to say I sat next to this guy who squealed far more than any girl in the theatre...and he kept saying OMG, OMG, OMG everytime something tense was going on...and he would squeal Emmett's name every time Emmett would come on screen! Anyway he MADE the movie for me!! He was sooo cute!