Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
thesandrafanclub
Settled in Forks

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by thesandrafanclub »

Hey all, I'm new here.

I'm a reporter and I just did a huge package on Catherine. Check it out: Read an Exclusive interview with 'Twilight' director Catherine Hardwicke, or listen to it firsthand.
Read more about Catherine Hardwicke's days as teenager in McAllen, Texas and view photosfrom her high school yearbook.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

thesandrafanclub wrote:Hey all, I'm new here.

I'm a reporter and I just did a huge package on Catherine. Check it out: Read an Exclusive interview with 'Twilight' director Catherine Hardwicke, or listen to it firsthand.
Read more about Catherine Hardwicke's days as teenager in McAllen, Texas and view photosfrom her high school yearbook.
Welcome!!! I enjoyed your piece with Catherine Hardwicke - great job and thanks for sharing. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Thirteen. Still one of my favourite movies to this day. I think Catherine is going to do a wonderful job with Twilight, and hopefully the other books will get turned into movies and she'll be on board for that.
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

im not really sure i liked catherine hardwicke as the director, since i know she did all like indie movies, twilight kind of came across as an indie movie to me..i dont know. i dont really want her to direct new moon :X

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

why did she director rob to make the puking face?

crackhead- i blame anything that happened with the movie that was bad- on her. its all on her shoulders.. New moon better be good. or the mob of twilight fans will come to her house holding torches and pitch forks.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

um, i think she should get fired.
I mean i love Catherine to death. she's an awesome person and very kind. but she really needs to you know...

I love her as a person. but the directing of the movie was not good at all. there were some good scenes. for instance the hunting sequence. that was good. but she focused on close-ups too much, that at first it boggled my mind, my eyes were just very shaky. i couldn't see good.
and then i don't think she pieced the movie good. the scenes didn't flow with each other very well. i mean, when Edward stops the van. i thought they were going to show Rob running and then saving bella. empathize on the [running] i thought they filmed that because there were pictures of rob running.

and I THINK SHE DID AN AMAZING job overall. but just the two things that i don't like in the movie was the directors jobs (pacing of the movie and the flow) but other than that, perfect. absolutely perfect.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

She came to the premiere of Twilight in our theater. She went into each theater at the Alamo Drafthouse and introduced to film to all of us. It was pretty amazing! She sounded really excited about the film. Apparently she's from Texas and wanted to watch the film in Austin. We thought it pretty awesome that she came. She seems really cool, my issues with the film aside.

One more. Hi malaz!! :D
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

She seems like shes a cool person but I'm really not sure about her as a director yet. Twilight was great, yes, but at times I was like, really what is going on with the camera angles. I saw Thirteen and I didn't really like it. I was worried about Twilight after that. Twilight's angles wasn't as bad as Thirteen but I hope New Moon is better, because at times in the movie all the zooming in an out and twirling got to me.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
katyc
Settled in Forks

Post by katyc »

Yea they should get a new director AND writer! That was a very cheeeeeesy script at times, and the flow of it didn't work very well to convey the love between Edward and Bella....so sad. I still loved it though...if that makes sense.
Hale_Yes!
Settled in Forks

Post by Hale_Yes! »

it makes since to me^^
i dont think i could NOT love it just for the fact that its Twilight.
but i agree that it just didnt flow right.
and i think she relied too much on us knowing what was goin on in the story because you didnt really get into the realtionships.. if that makes since..
And by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways.
-Edward Cullen MS