Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by nikie_nikz »

Does anyone know what this film will be rated? Stephenie Meyer doesn't watch rated R movies, so I'm assuming it'll settle into a PG-13.
"What fools these mortals be!"
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Here is the link to the IMDB page....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/.

No rating has been given as of August 1, or a running time, for that matter (arrrggh!!) LOL

On a personal note, I hope it's PG-13... PG doesn't leave much room for the romantic side of things or the fight.
yomahmaful
Settled in Forks

Post by yomahmaful »

y3nd0 wrote:*Man, I think I am going to be hated... :P

I have a lot of worries about the movie. I have seen many of the trailers that are available, and I am a little skeptical.

I know that book-based-movies are not verbatim, but it really hurts to see clips of the movie that do not parallel with the book (yes, my expectations are pretty high).
After reading The Da Vinci Code first, THEN watching the movie, I was utterly disappointed with the movie. I don't want to have the same feeling with Twilight.

I saw the clip of the ballet studio with Bella, James, and Edward, and I saw that Bella was still fully conscious! She wasn't even knocked to the side. I know that if she was knocked unconscious, then the whole scene would pretty much be thrown out the door, but at least have her knocked against the mirror.
And I also saw the scene where she asks Edward, "How long have you been 17?". Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't she ask that while she was in the car with him while they were coming back from Port Angeles? In the movie, it's a totally different scene.

Also, I hope they don't go all out with the special effects. Those are normally turn offs for me, unless they are done EXTREMELY well (like LOTR well). I wonder how they're going to make Edward sparkle without making it seem too fake.

I'm scared that the movie will turn out terrible (don't get me wrong! I'm not expecting it to be, nor am I wanting it to be!). :/ I just hope that Catherine Hardwicke worked the scenes well and that she will be able to satisfy the crazed Twilight fans.

Don't worry and ease off a bit. Don't get mad at me but it's an adaptation after all. You've probably heard that already though. The ballet studio scene is a rough cut and not even the music in the scene will be in the movie. I for one know the movie will do good because the hardcore fans will see the movie up to 3 times. In order for a sequel this movie needs to make 3 times its budget , so roughly 120 million bucks!. Start saving allowances twilighters, haha.
xKatieCullenx
Settled in Forks

Post by xKatieCullenx »

debussygirl wrote:
xKatieCullenx wrote:
unlikelyfan wrote:And I hope that we get to experience a lot of Bella's point of views...maybe some internal monologing would be nice.
I thought of this too, because a large part of Bella's character seems to be in her thoughts, doesn't it? But I saw a little bit of the script and they have in italics voiceovers of her thoughts in certain scenes. Yes!
How did you see the script? How? So jealous!!
Found it here. XD

http://www.fanpop.com/external/1288878
yomahmaful
Settled in Forks

Post by yomahmaful »

The PM button is there for a reason, haha. ^^^^^^^^^
Mylove.Mysinger
Settled in Forks

Post by Mylove.Mysinger »

For me, my biggest concern is the on-screen chemistry. I mean, everyone says that the couples have great chemistry, but from what I'm seeing, I can't see it. Now, this is a completely biased concern, but I can't just see it! Honestly, I never liked Rob as an actor (don't hurt me! :cry: ), and seeing him with Bella seems kind of...wrong to me.

Another thought- I also worry about the special effects. I mean, the whole speed and eyes, and strength. I didn't enjoy the James scene because of the effects- the sound was kind of...snake-ish to me, but the other effects were perfect!

Another thing- I worry about the accuracy to the book. I don't want this to be like the fifth HP movie where they screwed up a lot of stuff. I know their adding a couple stuff, and that is fine with me, but I don't want them to take stuff OUT.

Juddging from what I wrote, I am dang picky girl. I hope the movie survives my critism!
Some people want a Digimon. Others want a Pokemon.

Well, heck, I want a DigiPokemon!
cidluen
Wandering Through Town

Post by cidluen »

There's only one thing that's been bugging me since day one about the movie, and it may look like a minor thing but it bothers me a lot... Does anyone think the movie will result worth-watching to non-twilighters? In the case it isn't, I'll have to watch it by myself (my friens aren't into twilight... or books, actually) and I'd hate that. In the other hand, the movie is going to be good and I don't need to worry about that... right? I'm insanely stressed about this because I assume that a box office failure in terms of expectations revolving general audience means no sequels.

I don't think I'd be happy about that :cry:
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town

Post by NightCreation »

cidluen wrote:There's only one thing that's been bugging me since day one about the movie, and it may look like a minor thing but it bothers me a lot... Does anyone think the movie will result worth-watching to non-twilighters? In the case it isn't, I'll have to watch it by myself (my friens aren't into twilight... or books, actually) and I'd hate that. In the other hand, the movie is going to be good and I don't need to worry about that... right? I'm insanely stressed about this because I assume that a box office failure in terms of expectations revolving general audience means no sequels.

I don't think I'd be happy about that :cry:

I think that the movie will make loads just off of Twilighters seeing it a million times XD. So I don't think there's much as a problem there, and I don't think it will be a failure.

Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

You know, I had had the same concern about the non-knowers. Not the non-likers. When I first came across the series, I found it on IMDB, and watched the trailer. I then realized that I had seen the trailer before, and remembered thinking "what the heck was that?" Honestly, I wasn't pulled in by the trailer, I was pulled in by Rob! They never mentioned the word "vampire" in the trailer, and it piqued my interest as to what "they" were, so I went to SM's website and read about the first book... FELL IN LOVE!

I gushed about the books to my little sister who is 21, a very busy working girl who doesn't like to read. I showed her the trailer, and TOLD her she was going with me to see the movie! She has asked me that since she hasn't read the books, will she be able to know what is going on? I told her that I've read alot on the net about the movie, and watched all the clips that were out there, and that they kept the core of the story. So, I would hope that a "non-knower" will like it.

I think it's going to be interesting for me for this reason... reading the book BEFORE seeing the movie. With all the HPs, I had seen the movies before I read the books last year. #6 will be the first HP that I've read the book before seeing the movie. I'm hoping that I'll be able to sit and enjoy Twilight for what is going on up on the screen, and not sit there and think, "well, that's not how it happened in the book."
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I think everyone has some bit of worry because we see the story so vividly in our own minds but I have no doubt that they did the book justice, especially since SM was so involved with the filming/creation of the movie. I don't think that she'd let them leave out the super important parts. But then again, there's only so much that you can include in a 2 hour movie so some things will have to be omitted :( sad but true. I think it will be fine though. I'm SOOOOO excited!!!

PLUS- the scenes and trailers that I have already seen have given me chills so I'm thinking that I'm just going to be really chilly and excited throughout the entire movie... :D yay!!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B