Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Vamps4lfe
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by Vamps4lfe »

The movie exceeded my expectations. The actors were fantastic! Yes, they changed a few small aspects of the story but it remained true to the spirit and narrative. The FX were not good but the acting and the story was so good that it carried the film. I went into the film expecting very little. In fact, I feared they would get it all wrong but my friends and I all felt they really pulled it off! I could not be happier with the product. I look forward to going to the movies and watching it on the big screen a few more times. And I can't wait for New Moon the movie!!!!!!!!!! If you have not seen the film yet....GO, GO NOW!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

toni~ i agree with you it seems more like a crush than undying love- if you didn't read the book i don't think you would feel it-- i feel it just because i've read the books- i was trying to go into and not think of the books.. very hard to do.. i do it with harry potter- its maddening

this is me---

Love is totally Blind..

I LOVE LOVE LOVE twilight
I knew i would love the movie regardless- i was going to go see it with my sister- but i am afraid she is going to say "Lynz- this movie really blows what is wrong with you"

so instead i am going to wait for bestie to get here before i go see with anyone.. i may go see it again- by myself haha i've already seen it twice..
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the more I read people's comments and discuss it, the more I'm tempted to say, "I loved it" But the bottom line for me, was, I wanted to like it. Because of this, I could overlook most of the aspects that didn't thrill me.

-Jasper did look a bit odd, but once he spoke and was playing baseball he was great
-Jacob's wig (looking forward to NewMoon's short hair :D )
-at some point they almost all looked too white
-waitress' hair????? No wonder why Edward didn't look twice at her!
-nobody has mentioned this so I may be alone, but Bella's prom dress...the color was flattering, but the rest wasn't. I'm not disappointed because it didn't look like the book dress, it just wasn't that pretty.
-Nicest criticism; it easily could have been longer! A half hour more of building their relationship would have been fantastic!

On the other hand...
-I loved Charlie. An unbelievable surprise since I really didn't like his character in the books.
-Loved the tree climbing/perching scene - spectacular scenery
-Graduation caps as art - hysterical
-Cullens' house was gorgeous
-loved Edward's driving skills
-Bella's clumsiness - just right - not overly emphasized, but adequately humorous!
-Baseball completely met my expectations - what fun! They even kept my favorite line, "You brought a snack?"

I could go on, but overall, there was much more to love than criticize.
Vamps4lfe
Settled in Forks

Post by Vamps4lfe »

I really feel that we have to look at this film as objectively as possible. Please keep in mind that the film makers had to take a large novel and condense it into a two hour film and this is no small task. Keeping this in mind we really can not complian about the plot too much. Hopefully they will develop the characters further in the film adaptation of New Moon. Let's be patient. Again I LOVED THE MOVIE! I will watch it at least two more times! More if possible.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Alice's Grandma wrote:-waitress' hair????? No wonder why Edward didn't look twice at her!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Alice's Grandma wrote:-I loved Charlie. An unbelievable surprise since I really didn't like his character in the books.
Oh my goodness, yes!! He was sooooo handsome! After a while, I had a crush on him. ;) I think everyone in the theater did.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

Ally_Cat wrote:I am so happy with the movie. I think they did a great job of condensing the book into 2hrs.
I wish there would have been more of the Cullens b/c the actors were so great as their characters, I just couldn't get enough.
Also, I hadn't expected much from the human roles, but they were fabulous and hilarious.

I can't wait to see it again :D
Ditto here. Mike was hilarious. And that Renee line "Are you being safe?" nearly had me rolling on the ground right in the theatre. It was precious.
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

okay i have to ask--- what was your reaction to the unborn trailer!!! I WAS FLIPPING OUT scared of my mind..

WTF was up with that DOG!! i wasn't expecting that at all.
that was my fan reaction to that! GOOD LORD!
i was like PLEASE START THE MOVIE I AM SCARED!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mananda »

Lynzeee wrote:okay i have to ask--- what was your reaction to the unborn trailer!!! I WAS FLIPPING OUT scared of my mind..

WTF was up with that DOG!! i wasn't expecting that at all.
that was my fan reaction to that! GOOD LORD!
i was like PLEASE START THE MOVIE I AM SCARED!
oh my goodness! that trailer alone gave me goosebumps! that was some freaky stuff man!!!
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

i loved it. maybe i like bad movies since alot of people thought it was really bad, but i don't care. I LIKED IT!
the only thing i thought was bad was how they made the vampires look when they moved fast. it kind of looked. . . unrealistic. Like adding vibration in the air makes it look like the vampires are moving fast. Otherwise, the acting was good, the music was good, the camerawork was good. I can't find anything else bad to say about it.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I loved it, I thought that it was absouletly fantastic! Can't wait for New Moon!

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"