Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by xoxocamille »

I was really disappointed at the Meadow scene too. I wish they could've done better.
I didn't like the fact that Edward kept jumping everywhere. It was unnecessary, somewhat.
And when they were 'declaring' how they felt didn't seem so... real.
Sure, the 'and so the lion fell in love with the lamb' lines were there, but it just didn't feel right.
First he was mad, then he changes to another. It was... I don't know. Could've made it WAY better.
And that was NOT how I pictured them at all. I was picturing the meadow to be some kind of 'hidden' place only the two of them knew. Not... the school's backyard.

And then, it was sad how they didn't put the 'Be Safe' scene there. Edward was supposed to put that in Bella's truck before he went hunting and they just completely didn't even add it onto there. I thought that part would've been really romantic.

Then there were two other scenes I really wished they included. The whole 'breakfast time for the human' scene when Bella passes out when Edward kisses her again.. it would've been really sweet. And I wish they included the 'tamper with your memory' scene. It was also the first time Edward says 'I love you' to Bella. I wish they really added that there.
spookybell wrote:Um... Is Alice's transformation explained in Twilight or New Moon???
Bella finds out how Alice transformed in Twilight, when James explained to her that one exception when he didn't kill someone. And that happened to be Alice because the guy from the institution changed her.
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
stupidxlambx
Settled in Forks

Post by stupidxlambx »

i liked the scenes they added. like the field trip scene.

but like everyone else said. i was really dissapointed in the meadow scene.

and i missed "do i dazzle you?". that was dissapointing.

but i thought they did a pretty good job for trying to keep up with all of us.
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mananda »

And then, it was sad how they didn't put the 'Be Safe' scene there. Edward was supposed to put that in Bella's truck before he went hunting and they just completely didn't even add it onto there. I thought that part would've been really romantic.
I totally forgot about that part! That would have been a great addition to the movie.
manta
Settled in Forks

Post by manta »

I completely agrre with xoxocamille.

I thought the meadow scene was horrible. It was in the school's backyard, and the way that he violently says 'you have to see me in the sun' was quite honestly very random. He sounded so angry. I thought the greenhouse scene was really pointless and stupid, also.

Ok: question. Bella said to him that the way he talks its like he's from a different time. In the book, sure, Ill go with it.. In the movie? I'm sorry, but did people in the past centuries say 'you should google it sometime?'

I really thought the movie couldv'e been better.

Oh wait, one more. When Bella drops her apple at the salad bar and it somehow bounced off of his rubber shoe perfectly into his hands.... that was cornier than any episode of full house i've ever seen in my entire life.
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

manta wrote:Oh wait, one more. When Bella drops her apple at the salad bar and it somehow bounced off of his rubber shoe perfectly into his hands.... that was cornier than any episode of full house i've ever seen in my entire life.
Really?
I thought it was great, actually.
It's sort of like a salute to those fans who have read the book.
Kinda like an inside joke, you'll get it if you've read (or seen) the front cover of the book.
Just a little token of 'thanks' for supporting the movie. (=
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
dnaz
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by dnaz »

uhhh as a non tweeter? i never read any of the books... i dont know what was changed or added or really anything about this collection of books.

i thought i would hate this movie(as i was dragged by my girlfriend to see it) but it was pretty good. kinda very creepy though. who watches a girl in her bed at night for months? and yea it was weird that they fell in love so fast. it was like bam:
-im a vampire
-cool?
-leave or ill kill you!
-no i know you wont.
-i love you!
-no i love you!

but anyways i ended up liking it... my gf only has the forth book so i decided to get her the hardcover box set along with other things for christmas.

oh and idk but that james guy was made out to be remarkable... why did he die so fast?
Randomness Regular!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

dnaz wrote:uhhh as a non tweeter? i never read any of the books... i dont know what was changed or added or really anything about this collection of books.

i thought i would hate this movie(as i was dragged by my girlfriend to see it) but it was pretty good. kinda very creepy though. who watches a girl in her bed at night for months? and yea it was weird that they fell in love so fast. it was like bam:
-im a vampire
-cool?
-leave or ill kill you!
-no i know you wont.
-i love you!
-no i love you!

but anyways i ended up liking it... my gf only has the forth book so i decided to get her the hardcover box set along with other things for christmas.

oh and idk but that james guy was made out to be remarkable... why did he die so fast?

well thats is flippin awesome!! i love that someone who didn't read the books liked the movie!

if you read the books- they fall in love a bit more slowly!

thats so sweet that you bought that for her!
my husband told me i wasn't allowed to buy anymore twilight stuff-- because he said i have to wait for Christmas!!! grrr
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
dnaz
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by dnaz »

ha it better then my spending habits ^.^ i just bought a 350z. but anyways she was thinking about buying the books but it might be to expensive for her so i just went and bought it online since i went out and looked for it in town and couldnt find a box set.
I also told her i wont read it but she keeps insisting that i read it... i keep saying no i wont like it... but in the end ill prolly read it...
im sure itta be better then the movie since books usually are. but anyways i think im thread jacking this... and i really dont have any input since i dont know what they added/changed.
Randomness Regular!
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Post by roxyrae »

I too did not like the meadow scene, it is the reason Twilight is here right now so I thought that it should have been the one thing that was close to the book. I didn't even really get a Meadow scene, it is more of a forest scene adn then like 2 seconds in the actual meadow. I wonder how they are going to explain Bella going there in New Moon when she meets up with Laurent?

I liked the field trip, it was funny!!!! I also loved the scene where they added Stephenie, it was nice to see her in the movie plus Mike was hillarious!!! As for climbing up the trees, that drove me crazy, Edward looked like a monkey! I wish they would have cut that out and focused more on the Meadow scene. Did anyone else notice that there was no Lauren in the movie???
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

debussygirl wrote:I wanted more meadow. But then again, I would have wanted them to read it straight from the book. Ah, well. They only have 2 hours.
But one thing that bugged me was the line when Edward said (don't remember the order but...) "Sex, money, sex, money. cat."
I CANNOT picture Edward telling Bella someone's thoughts like that, so bluntly. The money and cat thing sure, but I would think he would say "love" instead of sex. So yeah.
OH GOOD, I'm glad this bothered someone else...I was like 'uuuhhh Edward would never say that to her. not in the beginning anyways'. It really disturbed me...it was funny, but out of character.
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?