Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Post by CullenxLove »

not a big melisaa rosenberg fan. not a fan at all. the stuff she has edward say is ridiculous, and things he would certainly NEVER say.

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Don't like her very much at all. She took out "Do I dazzle you?" Steph how could you let that happen???!!!!
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

Mostly, I think she did an okay job..

But what was the spider monkey stuff that both Edward and Rose had to say? It was just ridiculous..

Where was the 'dazzling'? That's a BIG part of the book for me. I just think they could have taken the extra one minute to fit that into the movie.

But she was spot on for dialogue for Charlie, Billy, Jacob.. etc.

I also really liked how she wrote the human characters save for Angela.
YourFavoriteAries

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

I had my inklings about this from just seeing the official trailer but now that I have seen the movie I will really comment.

Definitely disappointing. My main, possibly only, problem with the movie lies in the script. Unfortunatly the root of every movie is the script and if the script is bad the movie can only go so far. (unless it's an action movie, which is maybe 10% of Twilight)

For the most parts, those essential lines and scenes we miss from the book were cut in writing. The things she chose to gloss over and the things she chose to keep were just wrong. I don't understand what was wrong with the original meadow scene leading to the kiss? Or the original meet the Cullen scene? (Though editing it to include Rosalie and Emmet would have been good the base was better then the new version) Or the original way Bella finds out about Vampires? Or the original way She finds out how to turn into a Vampire?

Furthermore, all the important conversations between Bella and Edward got cut. How does that work? Where are these "another time phrases" Edward uses. Explanation of Edwards power? Explanation of Alice's power? Some mention of Jasper's power....Maybe?

So many of the scenes were so awkwardly written. Example, the scene where they introduce the guy that gets killed by the nomads near the beginning. "I used to be Santa Clause" :lol: incredibly creepy... Even the kiss scene. "I've been watching you sleep for the past few months" "YAY lets make-out!" :lol: Granted, that was awkward in the book too but to make it literally the lead in lines for the kiss scene....no. absolutely not.

Obviously, it's impossible for me to know how much was cut from the script in the editing process but all these problems didn't come from editing.

So if I had to pick the biggest disappointment in the Twilight Movie it would be the script writing.
ashleygill03 wrote:Mostly, I think she did an okay job..

But what was the spider monkey stuff that both Edward and Rose had to say? It was just ridiculous..

Where was the 'dazzling'? That's a BIG part of the book for me. I just think they could have taken the extra one minute to fit that into the movie.

But she was spot on for dialogue for Charlie, Billy, Jacob.. etc.

I also really liked how she wrote the human characters save for Angela.
Actually those two lines were different.

Edward: "Hold on tight spider monkey"
Rose: "My crazy Monkey man" (I'm pretty sure at least)

But I agree the absence of the word Dazzle was an issue.

and yeah, I suppose she did do some things well. The Humans were well written (minus Angela of course)
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Okay honestly hated most of the parts that she put into the moive....

There were many stupid parts in the movie that most people were like "what are you serious?"
For me when someone says twilight I imediately think of Edward saying "do i dazzle you?"
I mean i was seriuosly pissed of at the whole "GOOGLE IT" part and the "HOLD ON SPIDER MONKEY"

I mean hes 107 i dont think he would use that...._ i know that he is modern but just cant see him saying that not at all his personality.......

ALTHOUGH I LOVED rosalie saying "thats my monkey man." it wasnt at all in the book but it was cute and something I COULD see her saying...... I hated Bellas line to Angela....
"your an independent woman.." I mean i tottally felt like i was watching Tyra Banks or Oprah or some talk show...

SHE JUST DIDNT CAPTURE SOME OF THE PARTS....

for one thing alot of the peole that didnt read the books were like "why is his eyes gold now?"

she mentions bella asking if he has contacts but she never tells them why his eye color changes..... if ur not going to mention why something happens then dont mention it in any way because it just gets confusing....

OVERALL.... it was okay but not at all what i expected.....
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I want her FIRED!!!

I hope Summit reads the reviews and fan reactions and fires her before she ruins NM and EC!!!

"spider monkey?"
"google it?"

how about "dazzle you."
"stupid shiny volvo owner"

She left out key scenes and replaced them with unnecessary scenes.

MUST NOT happen in New Moon and Eclipse!!!! If this woman messes up Jacob's funny and sarcastic lines, I will kill her myself!!!!
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

switzgal wrote:I want her FIRED!!!

I hope Summit reads the reviews and fan reactions and fires her before she ruins NM and EC!!!

"spider monkey?"
"google it?"

how about "dazzle you."
"stupid shiny volvo owner"

She left out key scenes and replaced them with unnecessary scenes.

MUST NOT happen in New Moon and Eclipse!!!! If this woman messes up Jacob's funny and sarcastic lines, I will kill her myself!!!!

OHHHHHHHH PICK ME TO HELP YOU.....
PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL HELP YOU KILL HER SHE SHOULD BE FIRED I HATE HER I MEAN SHE RUINED THE MOVIE......... I WOULD LOVE TO WALK UP TO HER AND SAY..." YOU SUCK..." AND I APOLIGIZE IF THAT WAS A LITTLE RUDE BUT ITS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO....
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

LOL!!!

I liked the movie and I thought the acting was good overall by everybody but if she stuck to the plot and lines from the book it would've ROCKED!!!!
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

switzgal wrote:LOL!!!

I liked the movie and I thought the acting was good overall by everybody but if she stuck to the plot and lines from the book it would've ROCKED!!!!
okay i agree with u for the whole sticking to the plot thing...... everyone but Kristen, Robert, Angela, and some other people were bad but other than them the rest were good
katyc
Settled in Forks

Post by katyc »

Yes! I agree with you all! They need to get a new writer! Where was "Do I dazzle you?" and "stupid, shiny, volvo owner"???? And where the heck was the blood typing scene? Couldn't they have done that instead of the field trip? I just feel like that scene was kind of essential to let the viewers see Bella and Edwards relationship evolve. It also adds to Bella's character development. I mean, I went into the movie EXPECTING it to be DIFFERENT than the book, but I just feel that to get the point across, the writing needed to be WAY different. There was no build-up, no tension as to why they are suddenly madly in love with each other.