Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by Kachiti »

Persephonie wrote:
New Moon was pretty dark compared to the other books... made me feel very sad and helpless in many ways seeing just how lost Bella was. But we only vaguely heard of Edward's "misery" thru a few sentences from Alice, so naturally I am curious. Part of me hopes he suffered as much as she did (I know that's mean), but also I want to hear of him tracking Victoria and why he said he wasn't good at it.... was it because of her talen for escape, or was it because he could not focus properly on what he wanted to do....
I too would love to know where he was and what he was thinking. I believe that Edward had to as miserable or more when left Bella. So bad that he couldn't even be his family. I'm thinking that he had to be a mess and that's probably why he failed at tracking. He did mention a little about how he was feeling in Eclipse in the fire and ice chapter. Edward can be an intense person (vamp) at times so why would this be any different.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
ThestarInMyBellaSky
Settled in Forks

Post by ThestarInMyBellaSky »

i cant wait for her to release midnight sun. it sucks though that some jerk illegally passed out copies of midnight sun. anything she writes will turn to gold. she is one of the best authors ive ever came across in a long while
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

New Moon from Edward's perspective would be good I think. Wasn't he tracking Victoria? And I loved the four page blurb she wrote from Edward's perspective of when Rosalie tells him Bella died. That should have definatly been in New Moon.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

The music video she came up with the concept for is on her website now :)
xxbloodbath666xx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxbloodbath666xx »

I read the 12 chapters of Midnight Sun that were posted on Stepheniemeyer.com and it was absolutely amazing. It's marginally better than Twilight just because the way Edward thinks is very interesting.
I also read the host and think that it should stay without a sequal because the ending pretty much wrapped everything up. That book, too, was great.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a stupid lamb."
"What a sick, masochistic lion."
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Can I be honest? I am sooo afraid to read the host. I am not generally into sci-fi, and I'm amazed my sister-in-law even talked me into reading twilight. I was thinking, "Vampire love story, really?"
Is the Host super out there sci-fi??
I mean vampires that dont hunt humans and try to fit in and worry about their souls is one thing...aliens that infect other peoples bodies is another....
any comments??
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Post by roxyrae »

MRK wrote:Can I be honest? I am sooo afraid to read the host. I am not generally into sci-fi, and I'm amazed my sister-in-law even talked me into reading twilight. I was thinking, "Vampire love story, really?"
Is the Host super out there sci-fi??
I mean vampires that dont hunt humans and try to fit in and worry about their souls is one thing...aliens that infect other peoples bodies is another....
any comments??
I wouldn't say that it is super out there sci-fi, half the time I was reading it I forgot that it was sci-fi (although in the back of my head I had to remember that the one person was an alien). Being completely honest, I hate sci-fi and I really dislike vampires but for some reason Stephenie Meyer just does them so well that I don't mind. In the beginning I was not going to read The Host, it just didn't sound like my cup of tea. But after my friends nagged me to read it and after Breaking Dawn I decided to pick it up and WOW. I am so happy that I read it, the story is really beautiful. You may not like it, everyone is different but I loved it for the most part. I didnt find the beginning too great, but then again I never do but once I got into it I could not put it down.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Thanks Roxy! maybe I'll try it...:)
Bella_J
Settled in Forks

Post by Bella_J »

anyone heard any news on midnight sun??? i am anxious to see if she is gonna finish it... :?: :?:
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

I wish so much that SM will feel like she was able to carry on with MS .i know how upset she must feel about the leak if someone had posted something i'd written that wasn't finished, that i wasn't totally happy with i would be so depressed and wouldn't probably want to carry on with it either.Cos if people have already read a sizeable chunk of your work and didn't like the draft you'd be terrified that they wouldn't buy the final book. Not that SM will have that problem, i admit i have read the 12 chapters on her website (twice actually :oops: ) and i agree with waitingtobedazzled several pages ago MS will be the best out of all the books and if she thinks that the draft is bad than the final version is gonna blow our minds! I don't think it is fair for people to be pressuring her to finish it, you can't force yourself to write something if your heart isn't in it. Give her some time and loads of TLC and maybe she will feel better about it in the not-too-distant future. (or we can hope she told us she wasn't carrying on with it to put us off the scent and is secretly writing it and is going to surprise us with it in a few months) though i realise that is highly unlikely *hopes anyway*
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)