General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Re: Charlie Swan & Sue Clearwater?

Post by jazjade »

Venecettia wrote:I just thought Sue went over to Charlie's because he couldn't cook.
I thought this was just a sweet excuse for them as their friendship was ripening.
secsec1
Settled in Forks

Post by secsec1 »

What were y'all thinking when Sue was coming with Charlie EVERY time he went to see Bella and Nessie and that more and more frequently, when Bella talks to Charlie, Sue's name comes up? If i remember correctly, as soon as bella comes back into Jacob's book, we get charlie and sue together in differnt ways. nothing is ever overt, but i think that's mostly because bella isnt catching on till the end, as she puts it, too many other things to worry about and charlie's an adult and can work it out.

Sometimes i'm perseptive with books, sometimes i feel like i should be figuring something out, like i should know the answer and but cant figure out the clue thats right in front of my face, and other times, i'm clueless. so i can totally understand being shocked at the end of the book in this mannor, but for me, Sue ending up with someone was always kind of on my radar.
Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves.

Blaise Pascal
French mathematician, physicist (1623 - 1662)

waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

I'm happy for Charlie, I mean he kind of lost his "normal life & belief in the world", his daughter changes in a very strange way, he becomes a grandpa out of the sudden and his best friend knew about this things for years. Sue is an anchor to normality. Plus he is not in danger of food poisoning any longer ;)

And for Billy & Charlie I hope they will sort out their problems! This left open was the one of the very few things that disappointed me.
Last edited by waiting for a meteor on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I don't know if that Charlie and Sue thing actually happened, but it seemed like something was sparking toward the end of Breaking Dawn. She was always around the house and cooking for him and everything. Don't you think it's kind of weird that he would be dating his late best friend's widow, though? I don't know, but I think Sue would be good for him :)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
obsessedsmallgirl3
Settled in Forks

Post by obsessedsmallgirl3 »

I thought that Charlie and Sue's relationship was a good ending for Charlie. At least someone will be there to cook for him! I also thought that the fact that Billy and Charlie had a little tiff over Sue was hilarious!
"You should've seen his face when I started taking off my clothes, though. Priceless."

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rene ... e.jpg?o=17
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

I thought it was kind of random that Charlie hooked up with Sue. I think it was Stephenie's way to make a happy ending for Charlie too, but it doesn't seem to fit. I thought Charlie still loved Renee, why would he go with Sue?
leahlovetwilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by leahlovetwilight »

i thought this was really hilarious because i was listening to twilighters anonymous (anyone else catch that?) and they said as a joke that sm should add in a chapter where charlie and sue get together....and what do you know? haha i just found it interesting that sue would let go of the fact that obviously bella and edward would be around quite abit just to stay with charlie.
"when i got home,all my things were in the garage."-edward cullen
he's probably thinking,love sick morons
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

KStew and RPatz wrote:I thought it was kind of random that Charlie hooked up with Sue. I think it was Stephenie's way to make a happy ending for Charlie too, but it doesn't seem to fit. I thought Charlie still loved Renee, why would he go with Sue?
I couldn't have said it better than myself. EVEN IF Charlie had stopped loving Renee, putting Sue in the equation is still completely unrelated to the story. It was pretty darn clear that Billy and Sue were an item and then suddenly Sue is part of Charlie's life and causing an "older generation" love triangle? Uh...? Some drama/happy ending we could have lived without. At the same time, it is rather entertaining if still extremely random. :?
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

In New Moon and Eclipse, I would've never guessed...I was thinking (before BD was released) that Charlie would've ended up with someone in his job and I've never really given a second thought about Sue during that time...

But I guess a father of a vampire and a mother of two wereshifters (I'm combining it. XP) COULD end up together. I mean, if they really did love each other, shouldn't they put aside whatever they have different and just, and I quote, 'go with the flow'...

Eh, I don't really know...but I have a feeling that Charlie and Sue will end up as a happy couple until death, I'm pretty sure. Who would've known that Charlie's lack of cooking skills could match him up with someone?

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

I think it's really great that Charlie found someone. It really gives me alot more closer and all knowing Bella hasn't left Charlie completely alone...i was heartbroken at the realization that once Bella was turned Charlie would be alone without his daughter :( But this information definately cheered me up...not only for Charlie, but for Sue as well. They both need support in such a tough time right now- and i really enjoy the fact that SM thought of them as well...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...