Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

\/Brittany\/ wrote:^^LOL yeah! I love when Edward threatens to break Jacob's jaw in Eclipse if he ever returns Bella in less than perfect condition.
OMG, Me TOO! lol, right now I'm on page 336 of Eclipse, almost there. One of my favorite scenes, EVER! lol I was giddy when Edward finally got...well, how do I say this? Possessive? lol. I was like FINALLY!

Love this:
page 337:

"He kissed me," I growled.
All I heard on the other end of the line was the sound of an engine accelerating

and then page 340 right after what you posted happens:

"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised, his voice still gentle and velvet and deadly.

I was literally bouncing on y bed when I was reading that, and grinning like a little girl :lol:

OK, one more Page 341:
"She is mine." Edward's low voice was suddenly dark, not as composed as before. "I didn't say I would fight fair."
"Neither did I"
"Best of luck"
Jacob nodded. "Yes, may the best man win"
"That sounds about right...pup" :D
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:
\/Brittany\/ wrote:^^LOL yeah! I love when Edward threatens to break Jacob's jaw in Eclipse if he ever returns Bella in less than perfect condition.
OMG, Me TOO! lol, right now I'm on page 336 of Eclipse, almost there. One of my favorite scenes, EVER! lol I was giddy when Edward finally got...well, how do I say this? Possessive? lol. I was like FINALLY!

Love this:
page 337:

All I heard on the other end of the line was the sound of an engine accelerating

"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised, his voice still gentle and velvet and deadly.

I was literally bouncing on y bed when I was reading that, and grinning like a little girl :lol:

OK, one more Page 341:
"She is mine." Edward's low voice was suddenly dark, not as composed as before. "I didn't say I would fight fair."
"Neither did I"
"Best of luck"
I love all those parts too! I love when Edward shows his possessive side, not that I think that guys should go over board and be controlling, but I definitely like to see some possessiveness. I really, really enjoyed those parts!
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

jonsgirljen wrote:
TeamEdward1918 wrote:

Love this:
page 337:

OK, one more Page 341:
"Neither did I"
"Best of luck"
I love all those parts too! I love when Edward shows his possessive side, not that I think that guys should go over board and be controlling, but I definitely like to see some possessiveness. I really, really enjoyed those parts!
Me too! Thanx for posting those!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

You're welcome! :D

Wait, I actually reposted what you already said, about Jacob's jaw, I guess I got confused, haha
Oh well, the rest were new :lol:
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

TeamEdward1918 & \/Brittany\/, I totally agree about this scene. It is one of my favorites as well. Particularly in this scene, Edward is being hyperprotective without being overbearing or controlling. He could just as easily tell Bella, "see I told you he was dangerous, please don't ever go to LaPush again etc..." He doesn't. He reiterates to Jake his responsibility in keeping Bella safe, "you'll be running on three legs, dog." But, the key to this scene, what makes it so romantic is when he says he'll break Jake's jaw, "for her." It doesn't have a damn thing to do with him. Edward hates violence almost as much as Carlisle does, but when it comes to Bella and her safety, nothing is out of the question.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

You're so right!!
He even says "if you kiss her again" he has every intention of her returning to La Push. Doesn't even consider that she wouldn't, or that he would try to stop her *sigh* he's so amazing :D
E<3B
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

oh man after reading this I really want to read the books again! It's been about four months since I have (I've been forcing myself not to!) and can't remember anything that wasn't posted here. there are some really good ones here & some ones I didn't think about as romantic. (thanks for the insight.) I love these books & they just make me all girly and gooey. I want an Edward!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
lizard68
Settled in Forks

Post by lizard68 »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:

Love this:
page 337:

OK, one more Page 341:
"Neither did I"
"Best of luck"
Yes I love the quote from pg 341!!!! and I agree with Jazz Girl
Jazz Girl wrote:TeamEdward1918 & \/Brittany\/, I totally agree about this scene. It is one of my favorites as well. Particularly in this scene, Edward is being hyperprotective without being overbearing or controlling. He could just as easily tell Bella, "see I told you he was dangerous, please don't ever go to LaPush again etc..." He doesn't. He reiterates to Jake his responsibility in keeping Bella safe, "you'll be running on three legs, dog." But, the key to this scene, what makes it so romantic is when he says he'll break Jake's jaw, "for her." It doesn't have a damn thing to do with him. Edward hates violence almost as much as Carlisle does, but when it comes to Bella and her safety, nothing is out of the question.
He isn't overbearing just very protective and he isn't going to give her up without a fight. "She is mine." ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^^Me too! I want a protective guy!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
melmargaret
Wandering Through Town

Post by melmargaret »

I die everytime I read this part:
  • "Edward! You stayed!" I rejoiced, and thoughtlessly threw myself across the room and into his lap. In the instant that my thoughts caught up with my actions, I froze, shocked by my own uncontrolled enthusiasm. I stared up at him, afraid that I had crossed the wrong line.
    But he laughed."
    --Twilight, page 312-313

It shows that he really, truely accepted Bella into his life. This scene is cutesy and playful on the surface, but if you look into it, it means so much more.
melmargaret.