General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Imprinting

Post by The girlie-wolf »

ringswraith wrote:Well, to put it as bluntly, neither do you. No one does.

But I'm making an educated guess based on what we do know. We know that imprinting is supposed to be rare. We know that there were only three wolves in the pack before now, which was two generations prior. We know that there hasn't been a pack as large as the current once since the time of Taha Aki. That tells me that part of the reason imprinting is rare is because there were few wolves throughout the years, and only a fraction of those imprinted.

Now we have about 15 wolves, the largest pack any Quileute alive has ever seen. It stands to reason that something rare has a chance to happen more frequently if there are more chances for it to occur (i.e., more wolves).
I guess you are right... And I know that I don't know either... but we don't know anything, actually... so who knows what happened?
And there was a big pack with the sons of Taha Aki...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

The girlie-wolf wrote:
ringswraith wrote:Well, to put it as bluntly, neither do you. No one does.

But I'm making an educated guess based on what we do know. We know that imprinting is supposed to be rare. We know that there were only three wolves in the pack before now, which was two generations prior. We know that there hasn't been a pack as large as the current once since the time of Taha Aki. That tells me that part of the reason imprinting is rare is because there were few wolves throughout the years, and only a fraction of those imprinted.

Now we have about 15 wolves, the largest pack any Quileute alive has ever seen. It stands to reason that something rare has a chance to happen more frequently if there are more chances for it to occur (i.e., more wolves).
I guess you are right... And I know that I don't know either... but we don't know anything, actually... so who knows what happened?
And there was a big pack with the sons of Taha Aki...
There was a big pack when they changed, your right. The sons would have been quite a few, so i guess most of the wolves are decended from the same gene pool.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

If I recall correctly, every wolf can claim direct lineage to Taha Aki.
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

Slight correction: there were 17 wolves at the end of BD.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

ringswraith wrote:If I recall correctly, every wolf can claim direct lineage to Taha Aki.
I didn't get what do you mean by that...Every wolf has to have the gene and the gene comes only from the sons of Taha Aki...
suzzeeQ wrote:Slight correction: there were 17 wolves at the end of BD.
Really? wow... nice to know :lol:
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

The girlie-wolf wrote:
ringswraith wrote:If I recall correctly, every wolf can claim direct lineage to Taha Aki.
I didn't get what do you mean by that...Every wolf has to have the gene and the gene comes only from the sons of Taha Aki...
That was in response to Total Twilight Fan's post.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

ringswraith wrote:
The girlie-wolf wrote:
That was in response to Total Twilight Fan's post.
Oh... :lol:

Wow... I just thought about the Seth imprinting.. It would be SO weird :lol:
jonilee73
Settled in Forks

Post by jonilee73 »

Imprining is something that I have never iscussed before with any of my friends that are into Twilight. I am truly fascinated by the idea of it. The way that Jake describes Nessie, how every thread connecting him to the world is cut and only one steel cable is holding him now. How it hurts to be away from that person. It is something that I wish was real, but at the same time, I have to wonder, what would happen is you imprinted on someone that until that day, you had hated. Such as Jared and Kim. Jake said they had sat beside each other at school for years and never noticed each other. What if they had noticed each other and had not gotten along? Would it be so easy to give into imprinting that way? I guess that is kind of the same thing that Jake and Nessie go through cause Jake hated the idea of her.
But if you truly despised someone for whatever reason and then next thing you knew, you imprinted on them, how would you deal with the memories of hating them after falling in love with them? Not sure if I am making sense or not.
Forbidden to remember, terrifed to forget
You compare one small tree to the entire forest.

ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Well, in the manner in which imprinting is presented to us, what you said wouldn't matter.

The wolf would likely literally say "The past doesn't matter anymore," or some such.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

jonilee73 wrote:Imprining is something that I have never iscussed before with any of my friends that are into Twilight. I am truly fascinated by the idea of it. The way that Jake describes Nessie, how every thread connecting him to the world is cut and only one steel cable is holding him now. How it hurts to be away from that person. It is something that I wish was real, but at the same time, I have to wonder, what would happen is you imprinted on someone that until that day, you had hated. Such as Jared and Kim. Jake said they had sat beside each other at school for years and never noticed each other. What if they had noticed each other and had not gotten along? Would it be so easy to give into imprinting that way? I guess that is kind of the same thing that Jake and Nessie go through cause Jake hated the idea of her.
But if you truly despised someone for whatever reason and then next thing you knew, you imprinted on them, how would you deal with the memories of hating them after falling in love with them? Not sure if I am making sense or not.
Like you said, or really Jake said, everything that connected him to earth before is forever gone and replaced with that person...Which means that the past doesn't count... that everything is new so it doesn't matter if they didn't get along.
But the question is, if they Jared noticed Kim before, was there a chance that they would have ended up with each other after all?