General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Imprinting

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Total Twilight Fan wrote:My thought that was they could only imprint on people with either 24 chromosones or have the most potential.
Like Emily is related to Leah, who is a wolf. And Claire is related to Emily. Renesmee has 24 chromosones anyway, Rachel is Jakes sister, and Kim is Quilete.
I never thought about it this way... I guess you are right...

I have a Q...In the legends, Taha Aki gave up his spirit wolf after he married a third wife, "and found his true spirit wife". Do you think that Billy meant that Taha Aki imprinted on the third wife?
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

The girlie-wolf wrote:
Total Twilight Fan wrote:My thought that was they could only imprint on people with either 24 chromosones or have the most potential.
Like Emily is related to Leah, who is a wolf. And Claire is related to Emily. Renesmee has 24 chromosones anyway, Rachel is Jakes sister, and Kim is Quilete.
I never thought about it this way... I guess you are right...

I have a Q...In the legends, Taha Aki gave up his spirit wolf after he married a third wife, "and found his true spirit wife". Do you think that Billy meant that Taha Aki imprinted on the third wife?
I don't know what caused that lightbulb thought, and I think that your right with the Third Wife. That Taha Aki imprinted on her, not that it made the first two any less, it just made him want to grow old with the Third.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
stephspet13
Settled in Forks

Post by stephspet13 »

Its so confusing.
Its not that i dont get it, its just that when my friends ask what it is, i explain and they NEVER get it. EVER. Its such a hard thing to explain. I think Stephanie Meyer has wrote it in such a good way that everyonje understands the basics of it. Although there are some things that are confusing. I feel that if SM hadn't have wrote it, someone may have and the readers wouldnt have understand a word they were talking about.

xxx
8-)

Stupid silver volvo owner.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Total Twilight Fan wrote: I don't know what caused that lightbulb thought, and I think that your right with the Third Wife. That Taha Aki imprinted on her, not that it made the first two any less, it just made him want to grow old with the Third.
I've always interpreted it that way.... I guess I just sort of assumed that's what they meant, with the whole "true spirit wife" thing.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

From your theory, you've only mentioned people related and who are all Quiluete? So would you also be thinking that all Quiluetes have 24 chromosomes?
If that was the case wouldn't Jacob have an idea about that? He did his drive out of town to find someone to imprint on and he wanted to imprint on anyone just so he could forget about Bella in that way, plus there was the fact that he'd wanted to be able to imprint on Bella?
I'm probably being very dim and missing something obvious here so I'd appreciate a bit more info for me to mull it over with :D
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
Total Twilight Fan wrote: I don't know what caused that lightbulb thought, and I think that your right with the Third Wife. That Taha Aki imprinted on her, not that it made the first two any less, it just made him want to grow old with the Third.
I've always interpreted it that way.... I guess I just sort of assumed that's what they meant, with the whole "true spirit wife" thing.
It's not right, SM. You need to be more specific XD :lol:

Another Q:
Imprinting is suppossed to be rare, like Jacob said. But in the current pack, 5 out of 10(from Eclipse)/15 (the end of BD) imprinted. and it seems very common if half/third of the pack imprints...
Do you think that's because of the huge numbers or because it's just because of luck that 5 saw accedently their imprintee?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

It's just due to high numbers. Recall that the previous pack only had three wolves, and they skipped a generation before the current pack started phasing.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

But you don't know who imprinted and what the numbers were... I'm not talking about Levi Uley and Ephraim Black's genaration.. I'm talking about the legends years...
We don't know a lot about imprinting except the fact that it's rare...
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well, to put it as bluntly, neither do you. No one does.

But I'm making an educated guess based on what we do know. We know that imprinting is supposed to be rare. We know that there were only three wolves in the pack before now, which was two generations prior. We know that there hasn't been a pack as large as the current once since the time of Taha Aki. That tells me that part of the reason imprinting is rare is because there were few wolves throughout the years, and only a fraction of those imprinted.

Now we have about 15 wolves, the largest pack any Quileute alive has ever seen. It stands to reason that something rare has a chance to happen more frequently if there are more chances for it to occur (i.e., more wolves).
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Its like when more people pick the same lottery numbers.

But nobody knows really but SM, although Im sure she didnt really expect it to be this closly analysed. There is something similar in Vampire lore called Marking apparently.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.