General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

It would most definately have to be when Bella was running to find Edward at the clock tower. I don't think my body has ever pumped so much adrenaline over a book! XD
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

NM: the entire chapter "The End" :cry: That's when the series really grabbed a hold of my emotions. When he was saying goodbye, I felt miserable. And after turning all those pages with just the months written on them, my eyes were teary again just with that!

NM: When Bella was running through the crowd, and the bell was ringing, I was freaking out so much I was reading too fast, lol. After she ran into him I had to go back and reread to understand if she had made it in time, I was so confused :lol:

Eclipse: When Bella kissed Jacob. Sorry Jake fans, but I wanted to scream at him for guilting her into it (I know, I know, she loves him too! haha, but still...) and I wanted to scream at her for doing it although I understood why. But just the way I knew Edward was going to feel made me feel horrible

BD: When she realized she was pregnant. If NM's "The End" grabbed a hold of my emotions, this moment took them and started torturing me! I was a wreck, seriously :(

BD: Edward suffering....just...no words. The way Jake was describing him and the way he was being tortured through this. Ugh, I don't even wanna think about it!

BD: When Bella...well..."went into labor" for lack of a better description.

As for the end of BD, I was expecting anybody to die at anytime, so that was about the worst :( So hard to read, I just didn't want an ending that would make me want to pull an Edward and go to Italy to provoke the Volturi!
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:NM: the entire chapter "The End" :cry: That's when the series really grabbed a hold of my emotions. When he was saying goodbye, I felt miserable. And after turning all those pages with just the months written on them, my eyes were teary again just with that!

NM: When Bella was running through the crowd, and the bell was ringing, I was freaking out so much I was reading too fast, lol. After she ran into him I had to go back and reread to understand if she had made it in time, I was so confused :lol:

Eclipse: When Bella kissed Jacob. Sorry Jake fans, but I wanted to scream at him for guilting her into it (I know, I know, she loves him too! haha, but still...) and I wanted to scream at her for doing it although I understood why. But just the way I knew Edward was going to feel made me feel horrible

BD: When she realized she was pregnant. If NM's "The End" grabbed a hold of my emotions, this moment took them and started torturing me! I was a wreck, seriously :(

BD: Edward suffering....just...no words. The way Jake was describing him and the way he was being tortured through this. Ugh, I don't even wanna think about it!

As for the end of BD, I was expecting anybody to die at anytime, so that was about the worst :( So hard to read, I just didn't want an ending that would make me want to pull an Edward and go to Italy to provoke the Volturi!
You've taken the scene right out of my mouth..These all had me reading at double speed to see how they ended..Then..Like you I had to go back and re-read them again..:lol:
Missed a lot too!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

The whole "the end" chapter in New Moon.

And then Elicpse when Bella kissed Jacob, I thought I will throw the book into the corner :roll:
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:NM: the entire chapter "The End" :cry: That's when the series really grabbed a hold of my emotions. When he was saying goodbye, I felt miserable. And after turning all those pages with just the months written on them, my eyes were teary again just with that!
Omg how did I forget that? My mouth literally dropped as I was turning the pages.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Spark
Wandering Through Town

Post by Spark »

New Moon, the whole book! Seriously! Racing through it, crying, waiting for Edward to return, waiting for Edwards voice to show up, being annoyed by Jake, then by Bella who was paying attention to Jake! Then Edwards return!

Good lord lol. I feel edgy just thinking about that book lol.
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:
Omg how did I forget that? My mouth literally dropped as I was turning the pages.
Me too!! My mouth dropped and my eyes teared up it was horrible! I almost put the book down right then.

Spark, same here! Waiting for his voice was torture, I was about as breathless and dying to hear it as Bella was, haha. You named all the same moments that drove me mad while reading NM. I also feel edgy thinking about it, ugh!

My friend at work (who I bought Twilight for xmas) ran up to me when she got there today and said "I am in love with Edward Cullen!!" She's so excited about this series. She's reading New Moon now, and so depressed she said she wants to cry thinking about it. She's on the part where the wolves save her in the meadow. I just told her I'm happy I finally know someone in person (everyone else at work looks at me like I'm nuts) who's emotionally attached to these characters, and she said she truly is. Like she physically feels the pain. Sorry I rambled but I was excited to convert somebody, haha
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:
Me too!! My mouth dropped and my eyes teared up it was horrible! I almost put the book down right then.

Spark, same here! Waiting for his voice was torture, I was about as breathless and dying to hear it as Bella was, haha. You named all the same moments that drove me mad while reading NM. I also feel edgy thinking about it, ugh!

My friend at work (who I bought Twilight for xmas) ran up to me when she got there today and said "I am in love with Edward Cullen!!" She's so excited about this series. She's reading New Moon now, and so depressed she said she wants to cry thinking about it. She's on the part where the wolves save her in the meadow. I just told her I'm happy I finally know someone in person (everyone else at work looks at me like I'm nuts) who's emotionally attached to these characters, and she said she truly is. Like she physically feels the pain. Sorry I rambled but I was excited to convert somebody, haha

you are lucky you have somebody with who you can actually talk about the twilight obsession, my friends like it but are not emotionally attached so they roll their eye cause I like to talk about the characters :roll:
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

cullens_love wrote:[you are lucky you have somebody with who you can actually talk about the twilight obsession, my friends like it but are not emotionally attached so they roll their eye cause I like to talk about the characters :roll:
Aww, I know how you feel, up until today the only people I had to vent with were here on the lex! But you know, it still feels that way kind of...She's about to see the movie for the first time and I told her after she saw it we'd talk about every scene...she said "well, maybe not every scene..." lol. So the only people who truly understand are still here. I just appreciate it that I know someone who won't look at me like I'm nuts when I say the books are putting me in a bad/depressed mood when I'm reading certain parts, or to ramble on about Edward with. To be honest, I sort of think I'm nuts over this....but it's fun so no complaints :D

If you ever feel like venting/rambling/obsessing feel free to pm me :D I could talk forever about the characters!
E<3B
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Yes, all I can say is ditto, TeamEdward1918. I totally agree. I think the only one I would add is, in Eclipse, the end of Unhappy Ending into the beginning of Temper. After her story, Rosealie says to Bella, "I know you're frustrated that he's keeping you locked up like this, but don't give him too bad a time when he gets back. He lovs you more than you know. It terrifies him to be away from you." So, what does Bella do? She jumps on the back of a motorcycle with Jacob!!!!!! Really?!?!?! Are you bloody kidding me?!?!?! I am rereading Eclipse right now, and even now, I still throw the book down and start ranting for a good 2 minutes about what an idiot that girl can be. :evil: ......... :oops: ........ :? Okay, sorry. I've calmed.
Yes, it is so nice to have all of my fellow Lex-dwellers to talk through these things with. Though, I must admit, my husband has become quite the Twilighter as well, so that makes it kind of fun, a different point of view.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS