General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Anyone else notice that the Twilight-hater called Edward abusive and flawless? Interesting what sme people look for in a man, since apparently an "abusive" man is perfect...

Moving on from this completely insignificant person...and back to what's important...

My favorite most nerve-wracking, heart-stopping moment was in BD when they are waiting for the Volturi to attack and they all start saying their goodbyes to each other- it was so unbelievably sweet that they were all declaring their love for each other in different ways and saying goodbye and yet I was on the edge of my seat and terrified that they were all about to die!! Such an amazing scene!!

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

renesmeecarlie wrote:
My favorite most nerve-wracking, heart-stopping moment was in BD when they are waiting for the Volturi to attack and they all start saying their goodbyes to each other- it was so unbelievably sweet that they were all declaring their love for each other in different ways and saying goodbye and yet I was on the edge of my seat and terrified that they were all about to die!! Such an amazing scene!!
I just finished re-reading this part of the book tonight. The first time I read BD, this is when the tears really began to flow for me. To have Bella say goodbye to Renesmee and say "more than my own life," and to have Edward acknowledge Jacob as a brother and son...I just couldn't handle it. It was honestly one of the saddest and sweetest things I've ever read. It is impossible to relate to the situation they were facing in the story, but to imagine having to say goodbye to your daughter or to someone who might as well be family, it just breaks my heart. Stephanie really knows how to reach out to the emotions of her readers, even with situations that do not and cannot exist in reality. She's a genius.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
revrag
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by revrag »

I would have to say New Moon, almost the entire book was nerve wracking! The part in Eclipse when Jacob mentally thinks of what Bella looked like when Edward left her, while Edward was right there, and Edward was grimacing and looked like he was in pain...man, that was hard.

And when Carlisle is speaking of Edward and how good he is and how can you not believe there is something better for someone as good as Edward...oh man...my heart about broke there.

Of course in BD when Bella has Nessie and the detail of the scene and how very much you could tell that despite Jacob's thoughts, Edward was not going to give up and was so determined for Bella to live. Good grief...could my heart break anymore than that!!?!

Just all of these books had my heart twisted up and had me on edge and just loving it so much and just about dying at the same time. How else to explain it?
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I had to find a Twilight Quotes site since my Eclipse book is being lent at the moment. xD
If the silence in my head lasted, I would never go back. I wouldn’t be the first one to choose this form over the other. Maybe, if I ran far enough away, I would never have to hear again… I pushed my legs faster, letting Jacob Black disappear behind me. ~Jacob Black, Eclipse, Epilogue, p.629
That was the first scene that came to mind. I was devastated by that, and I had to WAIT for Breaking Dawn to find out what happened with him. :(
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I think one of the most nerve wrecking moments was in the Volterra City Square! I was on the edge of my seat thinking "Oh, god! Edward do NOT do that! DO NOT DO THAT!"
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

the first kiss i couldnt breath.... same with the movie... i allmost whent blue... no joke.. :shock:

LOVE CAM<3
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

the race to save Edward in Volterra. I literally bite my nails throughout the chapter. Second is probably Renesmee's birth.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

You stay with me now, Bella! Do you hear me? Stay! You’re not leaving me! Keep your heart beating!
Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 18, p.352

That always makes me choked up. The whole giving birth is so nerve-wracking, when Bella is dying.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

the moment that wrenched upthe most emotions in me was when bella realized that the "fire on the water" in new moon after she almost kills herself was victorias hair. i stopped reading for liek a whole thirty seconds and i got sooooo scared. i was like OH SNAP!!!!! good times with that book. all so when i read that jacob imprinted on reneenesme, i felt the sma e thing that bella did. UGHHHHHH i kinda hated jacob from the time that bella and him became friends.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
Niinella
Settled in Forks

Post by Niinella »

There are two most nerve-wracking moments in the whole series that I can think of. That came in mind right away.

- When Edward left Bella in New Moon. Seriously, I always bawl my eyes almost out when I read it. It's just.. too much. I mean, the whole series before that is all about how their love is everlasting and then.. he leaves her. WTF? Okay, we all know how it ends up, but seriously, it's a very very very sad moment. The first time I read it.. hrrrr. Actually, the first time I read New Moon, I cried through the whole book. (I cry easily, but man.. It was very hard to read.)
- On Breaking Dawn, the part just after Edward and Jacob tried to save Bella and Jacob left the room. His thoughts were.. I don't know, it was just so, so sad. And depressing. And sad.