Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Re: Vampire Special Talents

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

\/Brittany\/ wrote:I would hate to give up real food. No more chocolate chip cookies would be devastating to me. I mean none of the vampires seem to miss food, but it'd be hard.

I think if I had a power it'd probably be like Jasper's ability to calm. I'm super optimistic so I could probably make others feel hope (hehe). All of the powers rock. They kinda remind me of X-Men.
Ah. But, as you said, you wouldn't miss it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

buffygrl3 wrote:Ok, this is a kind of difficult train of thought to articulate so please bare with me.

Bella's talent protects her mind, so would it affect what her brain processes or just block things that are directly related to thought? Like Jane's power creates the illusion of pain and we know Bella can block that, but if someone's power caused real pain, could Bella block that too, since pain is a reaction in the brain?

here's what i posted about that...

..."unshielding" is the topic.

That would be a really cool talent, but something about the way you said it makes me think that that would be more of a Bella-type talent than a Renesmee talent... Mainly because Nessie doesn't 'un-shield' people, it's just that, to her, there might as well not be a shield, because no one can keep her out... With Bella, though, near the end of Breaking Dawn, she figures out how to "un-shield" herself so that Edward can hear her, which, after reading your post, made me think, "hmmm, I wonder if, once Bella figures out the dynamics of what exactly she does to remove her shield from her, if she could isolate other peoples' shields and use the same technique to "un-shield" them too"...
I mean, when Bella masters her shield in 'Bloodlust', she sort of 'sees' or maybe feels it as a semi-permeable membrane-type thing, right?
So what's to stop her from sensing other's shields and being able to disable them, given enough time to practice and perfect the ability?
That would be cool...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I might be the only one, but I don't really agree with Stephenie Meyer's idea of how the exact opposite of Bella's power would work, though I do agree that Nessie is the exact opposite. She made it seem like Nessie is impossible to keep out of your head, that no shield could block her. Bella's power is that she pushes you out of her head so I think that Renesmee's power is that she pulls you into her head.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
CrazilyObsessed024

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I might be the only one, but I don't really agree with Stephenie Meyer's idea of how the exact opposite of Bella's power would work, though I do agree that Nessie is the exact opposite. She made it seem like Nessie is impossible to keep out of your head, that no shield could block her. Bella's power is that she pushes you out of her head so I think that Renesmee's power is that she pulls you into her head.
She phrases it as "nobody can get in Bella's head", so "so Renesme can get in everybody's head"

Although, I wonder why Renesme won the battle between nobody and everybody. I guess because it is more interesting...
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Shouldn't the opposite of "nobody can get in Bella's head" be "everybody can get in Renesmee's head"?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
CrazilyObsessed024

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Shouldn't the opposite of "nobody can get in Bella's head" be "everybody can get in Renesmee's head"?
Probably, but you can't really give other people special powers around one person. And it is slightly like that, she is showing you what is in her head. But even if it doesn't classify as "everybody in her head", then it is close enough. Because everyone being able to read her mind wouldn't work.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

guess my topic didn't merit a response?
that sucks!
CrazilyObsessed024

SenorGimp wrote:guess my topic didn't merit a response?
that sucks!
You made me feel bad for you, so I read your topic, ha ha.

It is an interesting idea, I don't think it is possible for her to do, but that is mainly because I am sick of Bella being the most awesome thing on this earth. One more cool thing to add to her plate is just too much! :lol:

I think nobody responded because a) they were already discussing a few things, and b) it was confusing!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

okay, well i used to post all of my intense posts on the character threads, but those have sputtered and died out, somewhat, so i thought i'd bring them to other places, and no one seems to care...
but thank you for acknowledging me, i've been ignored in a few other threads, and i don't care if you don't like my posts, i just don't like being ignored... i'm kind of childish that way :roll: :lol:
and you're right, bella doesn't need any more advantages, she's already way too strong!!
good point!
Cullen_Lover
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

My favorite power would probably be detecting lies.Wouldnt that be helpful?I can think of some examples.