General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Classic Romantic Relationships

Post by debussygirl »

imwiththewolf23 wrote:you know what thats a great comparison! (i just love the movie titanic so Jack and Rose were the first couple that came to life) do you read a lot of Jane Austen? she's one of my favorite authors. pride and prejudice is my favorite novel by her. (I know. I'm so cliche.)
Yes, I love Jane Austen! Pride and Prejudice was my favorite until I read Persuasion. That one is just so...thoughtful and reflective. That's the kind of stuff I like. I just adored how after so many years and misunderstandings Anne and Captain Wentworth could never, ever be with anyone else.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

I actually haven't read persuasion! I mean, I know the premise and the characters so I know what you're getting at, but I think I'll try it.
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Right now I'm on P&P.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I just have to read Northanger Abbey and then I've got all of Austen's completed works under my belt.
And definitely read Persuasion it's so good!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

ok good because right now im so bored after the twilight series and i've tried reading a couple of stephen king books, and their great, but i want a good love story. I'll try persuasion. and to reading al the jane austen books, congrats! thats pretty amazing!
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage
Heart Stiller
Learning to Love Green

Post by Heart Stiller »

Now that I think about it, the two of them remind me of Aragorn and Arawen from LOTR. Arwen is an immortal elf while Aragorn is just a regular man. The same goes for Edward and Bella. However, there is a signficant quality to both Bella and Aragorn. Bella is resistant to vampire powers(please try not to spoil it, I'm only on Eclispe) and Aragorn has royal blood pulsing through his veins.

Also, the very nature of the two immortals separates them from their lovers. Arawen knows that the time of the elves has ended and they must leave Middle Earth. This pushes her away from Aragorn. Edward, in comparison, leaves Bella in New Moon due to Jasper's vampire tendencies.

Also, for Bella to be with Edward, she must gain immortality but loose her humanity. In order for Arwen to be with Aragorn she must give up her immortality.