General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GlowingOne
Settled in Forks

Re: Favorite Book of the Saga

Post by GlowingOne »

Twilight first, I loved Edward and Bella`s relationship when it was simple, and the magic I felt when I was first discovering this series is unforgettable. Then New Moon, It was interesting to see Bella without Edward, Jacob`s character development and meeting the infamous Volturi (and of course, learning about the Werewolf`s.). Then Breaking Dawn, Finally seeing Bella and Edward married was nice, and so was her turning into a vampire. A huge relief to see the plot conclude in such a nice way (minus Renesmee and the "shape shifter" theory, I could handle the no fight scene though. And Renesmee is okay...I guess. The shape shifter`s though...does not compute.) Eclipse is my least favorite, because it`s so depressing and quite boring (except for Victoria and her newborn`s, and Jasper`s and Rosalie`s back story`s, those were awesome!). Bella seemed to be always sad that Jacob and Edward weren't getting along, all the conflict made the book quite depressing for me. And almost NOTHING happened until the climax at the ending, but since it`s Twilight I still enjoyed it...generally.

Sam-
"Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs. Maybe there was a glitch in my brain." -Bella Swan
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

All books are exceptionally beautiful and awesome and have their good and "bad" parts. Gosh, I am so in love with all those quotes and all 4 books have so many wonderful ones. Seriously, they killed me! :D

My fave book, however, is TWILIGHT. Read it for the second time last week and it's so super sweet. Love the development of Edward's and Bella's relationship, it's really nice to read how everything started. The MEADOW scene is amazing... <3

Eclipse is great! It has so many beautiful scenes (Ed & Bella)... What made me FURIOUS is Bella's relationship with Jake. I was so angry, I almost stopped reading. It made me even cry! LOL How on earth could she do that to E-D-W-A-R-D???!!!

I enjoyed reading Breaking Dawn, even Jake's part (and I really really really don't like him). Again, the beginning was esp. beautiful... I was kind of shocked about the 'Jake/Renesmee' part but it was actually a good idea...

Hmmm, I think New Moon is my least fave book: LACK OF EDWARD!!! :-P Loved how Bella always heard Edward's voice though. Amazing!

But as I said, all books are FANTASTIC! :)
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

eclipse, eclipse, eclipse!!!!!
you learn soooooooooo much about the cullens. in twilight, you are just getting to know them. then in new moon, theyre barely there! eclipse is where the characters really develop! it was also great to read jasper and rosalie's stories! and well worth the wait. jasper's especially! and the tension between edward and jacob gets tighter and theres soooo much suspense that i just had to know what happend next! i really like how we were able to see a different side of the cullens when they were fighting the new borns.
Betting on Alice.
fork-d
Settled in Forks

Post by fork-d »

My favorite book is definitely New Moon - I know a lot of people here would disagree, because of the lack of Edward, but I found it the most satisfying because of the more naturally budding friendship/relationship between Bella and Jacob. The intrigue with the wolfpack is especially notable.

I would say Twilight is probably my next favorite, because it's so innocent and honest about what a girl imagines her first love to be.
I have some issues with Eclipse. I really liked Jasper's story, and Rosalie's was certainly illuminating. I really enjoyed the Quileute legends as well. The thing I dislike about Eclipse is the scene in the tent with Edward and Jacob discussing Bella. It's just too tidy, and kind of obnoxious. Bella definitely annoyed me in this book.

As for Breaking Dawn, I read the books once this one had come out, so I hadn't invested 5 years into the series like many other fans, so I was satisfied with this ending; if I had spent time thinking about the series before reading it, maybe I would have had more issues with it. The wolfpack being shapeshifters and not werewolves totally made sense.

Funny story: my younger brother is in the Army Reserves, and when he was at Basic Training one of his bunk mates had the series, so he borrowed it, and he loves them! If you knew my brother, you would find that very amusing.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Eclipse! Eclipse!
Everyone i know hates it but i think it the best because so much happens (also i am Team Jasper so he is the most mentioned in this book anyway) but i love everything that happens, the battle, the Edward and Bella moments ;) and Jasper's story, the wolves helping the vampires, the Volturi arriving, the fact that they are settling back inot the routine after New Moon..
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
DreamofEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by DreamofEdward »

This is sooooo hard!
I've read the Saga 5 or 6 times now and i think i have to say that for me it's a toss up between Twilight and breaking Dawn, followed by Eclipse then New Moon.
I love Twilight because it shows how it all began, how they fell in love and both opened up to each other.
I love breaking Dawn because you get to see both Edward and Bella get everything they wanted, my only problem with it was we didn't get to see much of Edward being a father, Ifelt Jake was there a little too much was a little pushy where Nessie was concerned (not a big Jake fan, sorry!)
I have to say tho one of my fave parts of the saga is the bit where Alice comes back in New Moon till the end of the book, that part was amazing!
Team Edward!

Cullenitus: An inability to go 24 hours without a Twilight fix.

So the lion fell in love with the lamb
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Post by carranzaya »

It is a tie between Twilight and Eclipse, i love them more than the others. Why? Hummm so many reasons, so many lovely and electrifying moments; the first one naturally cause tells the story of how they fall in love, how their story start and Eclipse cause i love the way their love become so strong, all the moments together, there are so many chapters in this book that will stay with me forever: "Temper" "Compromise" "Fire and Ice" and i could go on and on, but i know you can see my point already.

Is so hard to pick one, cause now am starting to think in BD and i love it too, so i must love the entire saga.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
Nikki--
Settled in Forks

Post by Nikki-- »

For me it was a toss-up between 'Twilight' and 'Eclipse' for a long time, but lately I've been leaning towards 'Eclipse', definitely. 'Twilight' is beautiful in its simplicity, its innocence - it was the start of everything and the real problems hadn't started yet. I prefer 'Eclipse' now though, though I can't really say why. I really love the fight against Victoria and her newborns, the whole energy between Bella, Edward and Jacob there. Their relationship is stronger because of what happened in New Moon, it's matured and deepened. 'New Moon' is third because I'm really not interested in the werewolves. 'Breaking Dawn' is last because I really, really don't like it.
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Nikki, again I have to agree with you. For me as well it's a toss-up between Twilight and Eclipse. Twilight, because it's the foundation of the story, without which a reader wouldn't know what was going on; Eclipse because there all the various characters are more fleshed out and brought together to fight a common enemy, with lessons in trust and tolerance and forgiveness. I like the personal growth that so many of the characters go through in this part of the story.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
Nala
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nala »

twilight because i never read another book so often (but HP ofcoz :mrgreen: ).
and right behind twilight new moon. maybe i like to suffer. I was never more poleaxed by a book. this pain and still so romantic and wonderful *sigh*
just think of the blank pages when Edward was gone *cringes-again*
ALWAYS _________________________ Image
_____________________sorry to the unknown artist, couldnt detect you. still: I adore this image so! thank you!