General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Anyalysing the XY thread - for XX only

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Kyrie wrote:I had no idea being in the mafia was this complicated. What happened to torching rival mobsters' cars and throwing bricks through store-front windows?
Ah, the good ol' days of the mafia...*goes nostalgic for that time they tortured that girl for nearly a week straight*
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

^Who did they torture? :lol:

It is pretty complicated now. I can't keep up.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Oh yes! The good ol' days..*thinks of threads 3-8. Or was it good till 10?* Now it's all ruined. Good thing I left. Everything's messed up there now. Too...ugh.*shudders* Oh yea I remember Haley! And you guys hot glue gunned feathers all over her and stuck her in a loony bin and straitjacket? And Vurk came home and fought?
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

We didn't stick her in a loony bin! We have a padded room in the mansion 8-)
Don't forget how I hot glue gunned sequins to her bottom half, tied her feet together, and hung her from a hook in the wall to make her a mermaid!
And Vurk, being Vurk, didn't really care that we tortured his girlfriend, apparently she was really a clone. :roll:
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Tia
Settled in Forks

Post by Tia »

Regarding the For XY Discussion Only!! forum concerning Caius and his attitude.

My belief is it took several instances/incidents for how he became that way.

One of the Children of the Moon almost won against him, Extra Abilitys could have prevented that. Frustration at his lack of Abilitys then, made him sullen and forming his wish to enforce rules vigorously against them.

Other Volturi could both use their powers and be feared because of those powers, further fueling his attitude.

Not being able to use any Extra Abilitys when at court, he could have approached that with extensive searching of how to use the laws against people. Even bending the laws best as he could to force judgment on someone. Releasing his anger and providing a fear of him, as a part of the trio.

Aro, having seen his devout outlook on Laws and attitude would use that to his advantage. Becoming a lawyer of the trio, seeking out any flaws in their defence. Enforcing his belief that his way of approaching laws and attitude is the right way for him.

This is just my outlook on him, and was in response from the For XY discussion Only!! thread about Caius
Well that wasn't exactly the reaction I'd been going for, 123 p. of SM's Partial Draft.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Analyzing the XY thread - for XX only

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Regarding the boys recent discussions of what books they're reading:
:shock:
I didn't know David (And SenorGimp dude who's name I don't... know...) read the Wheel of Time!
*flails*
I'm not alone in the world anymore! :D

EDIT: Ya know, I can see that Mafia nostalgia/bashing. *rolls eyes*
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

(screw it, I'm double posting.)

*waves* Hi Codaniel, I'm Viola.
I'm making my friend read the series right now, so I'm rereading them with her so I can remember everything that's happened. We're on The Shadow Rising (#4) right now, and I'm working on that "The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time" companion/bonus features book. Its very interesting and highly helpful.
inlovewithvamps
Settled in Forks

Post by inlovewithvamps »

edward4ever wrote:Wow! I love the way SenorGimp's mind works. Especially the part I have highlighted. When I read what he would have said if he were Edward, my heart started melting (I'm a chick, afterall, who wouldn't!) and then he wrote "...or whatever." :lol: I cracked up lauging! He just said something so beautiful and eloquent and then just dismisses it with a wave of his hand! :lol:
Re: For XY Discussion Only!! by SenorGimp on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:33 pm wrote:

I agree that there was never any abuse, physically, but occasionally, although certainly unintentionally, Edward did say some things and do some things that could have left serious marks on Bella's emotions, just in the way he said really belittling things to her upon occasion, and assumed that it was okay, because he was not trying to be patronizing, just pointing out a definite fact, but no boyfriend should say things like, "you could never understand the depth of my love for you", because that is, as i see it, totally belittling, it would be more fitting for you to say "I am constantly amazed, every single day, with the incredible love I feel for you, and its endless ability to grow with each cherished moment I spend with you." or whatever.
You just can't say things that take away from the equality of the love you share, because that makes it seem like you feel that your love is one-sided, and to disregard the intensity of her love for you by saying yours for her is so much more amazing, well, that doesn't really promote the best atmosphere for love to be shared, more that it is only given...
i'm not sure whether that's valid, well, i think it very much is, but i could be wrong.
and i don't necessarily qualify that as abuse by any means, just a little bit too much arrogance and failure to think before you speak or fully analyze the situation...
those are my thoughts on it...
Awwww that is so sweet! Whoever ends up with SeniorGimp with be a lucky gal indeed. ;)
Human or vampire? Decide Bella's fate! Vote: http://ow.ly/2kL5B
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

*giggles*
CHOCOBOS!
:lol: :D

(I dun play FF myself, but I have a very FF-obsessed friend who never shuts up about it. Therefore, I've ended up learning a fair bit aboot it. And chocobos are just kinda funny.)