Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stagnant Shadow
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by Stagnant Shadow »

I have a theory (well, it's not mine, credit goes to Julia):

What if the reason that Jacob liked Bella in the first place was because of Nessie?

Perhaps the reason he liked her, but didn't imprint, was because Bella had half of Nessie's DNA?

Epic, yes?
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I thought that ^^^ too when I first read that he imprinted on her
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
Kay0722
Settled in Forks

Post by Kay0722 »

i thought it was sick at first but then i kept thinking about it and at least he got a part of bella that he couldnt get you know it was a nice thing to do for him i felt bad that he lost bella but he should have known better so yea lol :D
So the lion fell in love with the lamb.....
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I'm trying to figure out why I don't have a problem with Jacob/Renesmee even though Jacob was at one time in love with Bella. I think it's because Bella will always be 18 and Jacob will always be 16 (unless he stops phasing). Jake is as physically mature as he would be in his mid-twenties, tall and muscular. Renesmee will soon be as physically mature as, say, a twenty-three-year-old (I think she will be older than 23, emotionally).

So we'll essentially have a 25-year-old werewolf with a 23-year-old half human half vampire. (Nessie may very well look older than her mother does!) The werewolf might tell his young lady, "A long time ago I really loved your mother. She chose to marry your father. Then you were born. Since that day, there has never been anyone in my life but you." Renesmee already feels like Jake belongs to her.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Jake and Bella didn't do more than exchange a (very) few kisses. By the time Nessie may want more from Jake than brotherly kindness, he'll have been with her six or seven times longer than he was ever with Bella. I don't think Jake's mind is constantly in the gutter. He didn't spend all his time fantasizing about Bella. I don't get why people are upset.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
Dylan
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dylan »

Esme echo wrote:I'm trying to figure out why I don't have a problem with Jacob/Renesmee even though Jacob was at one time in love with Bella. I think it's because Bella will always be 18 and Jacob will always be 16 (unless he stops phasing). Jake is as physically mature as he would be in his mid-twenties, tall and muscular. Renesmee will soon be as physically mature as, say, a twenty-three-year-old (I think she will be older than 23, emotionally).

So we'll essentially have a 25-year-old werewolf with a 23-year-old half human half vampire. (Nessie may very well look older than her mother does!) The werewolf might tell his young lady, "A long time ago I really loved your mother. She chose to marry your father. Then you were born. Since that day, there has never been anyone in my life but you." Renesmee already feels like Jake belongs to her.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Jake and Bella didn't do more than exchange a (very) few kisses. By the time Nessie may want more from Jake than brotherly kindness, he'll have been with her six or seven times longer than he was ever with Bella. I don't think Jake's mind is constantly in the gutter. He didn't spend all his time fantasizing about Bella. I don't get why people are upset.
I totaly agree with you!!! And the fact that edward isnt discusted with Jacob EVER it proves that Jacob doesnt see renesmee as a mate yet, It is true that he will be what she needs untill he can finaly be her mate, but he is in no hurry for that to happen even now... You make complete sense Esme echo!
Got A Draft, I would love to read it!
Searching for the a girl that will laugh at every stupid joke I tell. Who I want to hold until the end of time. The girl who I can call mine and who will call me her's... she is out there... I know...
-Dylan
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i agree with some of your guys' theories--i think jacob loved bella because she was going to be the mother of nessie. if we can believe in vampires and werewolves, i don't think this cosmic, predestined sort of love is that hard to imagine. jake and bella always felt connected to each other in some way because they were really like family--except on bella's side, she just wanted some sort of sisterly claim to jake and jake wanted more of a romantic attachment to bella, probably because nessie was "inside" her somewhere...if that makes sense.

also, SM said that there are many different kinds of love. bella obviously loved jacob in a different way than he lover her, and he loves nessie in a completely different way than he loved bella. it's possible that jake just got his infatuation with bella confused with a romantic type of love--i mean, think about it. how many 16 year olds claim that they are in love when really it's just a strong attachment to another person? maybe i'm a little cynical about that but i'm just saying. i don't think it's disturbing that jake and nessie might be together romantically one day even though he had sexual fantasies about bella because his love for nessie would have been much deeper. besides, i can't really imagine anyone actually telling nessie that jake kissed his mom back in the day. what she doesn't know won't hurt her--especially since, ultimately, it didn't mean anything. by the time nessie is mature enough to maybe want a romantic relationship with jake, he, edward and bella would already have fallen into their roles of friends/maybe in-laws to jacob anyway and wouldn't let any past weirdness come into play.

lastly, i didn't see jacob imprinting on nessie coming at all! i was completely surprised but i thought it was a great plot point. i didn't want jake to end up being alone (even though i am firmly "team edward") so i'm glad that he has someone to love. i have a feeling that he and nessie will end up being married or whatever someday though. because if they are soulmates, they aren't really going to go out and try to find someone else now are they? and didn't edward mention something about nahuel not being what he meant about jake having competiton? or did i just read that wrong?

all in all, i'd like to see how jake and nessie's story plays out one day.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

It never even crossed my mind that jacob would imprint on renesmee! People kept telling me "hey Jacob does imprint in BD you know..." but I never thought it would be on renesmee. I really want to read about them together later on in (their) life.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

i have nothing against the nessie-jacob idea. it's great and i definitely want a book about it!!

when i was reading BD, during the honeymoon when Bella was having the weird dreams and stuff, I thought 'she must be pregnant' then thought 'no way, stephenie wouldn't do that!' I suppose my reasoning didn't work out . . .
then when i was reading the part about nessie's birth and i thought 'it would never happen, but it would be funny if jacob imprinted on the baby . . ..' and guess what?! i was right!
so i suppose it kind of spoiled the whole thing cos i HATE it when i guess right about something like that. but still.

and I don't know if anyone's said this (i couldn't be bothered reading every post) but if the reason jacob was attracted to Bella was because she was part Nessie, like some people have said, does that mean there was some freaky love between edward and jacob as well . . . ? :?
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Gina
Settled in Forks

Post by Gina »

Its very funny to think that Jacob imprinted on Bella's ovaries, and thats why he had these uncontrollable feelings towards her.

Compare Edward's and Jacob's feelings towards Bella. They almost mirror each other. The deep love, the need of wanting to protect her, the sadness when they both left her. I am all for Team Edward, but its unfair to catagorize Jack's feelings as his first crush.
"I look at my… son. His strength, his goodness, the brightness that shines out of him—and it only fuels that hope, that faith, more than ever. How could there not be more for one such as Edward?" - Carlisle Cullen, New Moon
MajorKlutz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MajorKlutz »

Well you have to admit that is did really make sense for jacob to imprint on Nessie because that was most likely what was drawing jacob to bella but it was something inside of her that he was drawn to. I think Jacob and Nessie are adorable and I also hope that Stephenie explores more with that. :D
I love my men cold, dead, and sparkling!!!! (*sparkle, sparkle*)