General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
whynotmyname
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by whynotmyname »

i must agree that this whole "nessie and jacob imprinting" relationship is a bit strange.. but i actually am okay with it.. i figured that since jacob never got his happy ending he might as well imprint on the closest look alike to bella which it turns out was the daughter... and i would also really like to see their relationship develop and blossom into something meaningful... remember that jacob is whatever nessie wants him to be (friend, lover, or even a brother) so they may not even end up loving each other but be more like best friends.. but then again if SM did that it would be kind of messed up... and i am almost sure that nessie does not smell bad since jacob was hoding her very close and she also wanted to be near him... overall what a wonderful relationship.. everyone turns out happy! :P
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

at first i was surprised that jacob imprinted on nessie
but then i got used to it and was glad
then i was like when nessie gets older she will have a sexual relationship with jacob
and jacob kissed bella first and was in love with her first
idk thats just kinda gross hahah
but i guess he cant help it
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote:I would love Stephenie to write about Jacob and Nessie in the future! To see what Nessie actually feels about it all aswell! Im glad Jacob still got to be part of Bellas life though!
One thing that puzzles me, is that Jacob can't live forever right ? So Nessie will move in? Or did I miss something? Or is it that the Cullens are permenantly living in Forks and Jacob will be able to stay in his Wolf form? PM me back im intrigued ;]
I wondered about this too, and I know that as long as he keeps phasing he won't age. I just wondered if one day he couldn't physically age . . . would he ever want to be a vampire to be with Nessie? That's a discussion topic and a half, right? XD
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well, except for the fact that vampire venom would kill Jacob rather than transform him. It's poison to the shapeshifters.

And I don't think Jacob will have a hard time keeping up with the phasing. He does it to hunt with Renesmee. :)
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

ringswraith wrote:Well, except for the fact that vampire venom would kill Jacob rather than transform him. It's poison to the shapeshifters.

And I don't think Jacob will have a hard time keeping up with the phasing. He does it to hunt with Renesmee. :)
God I feel dumb not knowing that haha.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
ringswraith wrote:Well, except for the fact that vampire venom would kill Jacob rather than transform him. It's poison to the shapeshifters.

Don't feel like that. It's not necessary and I doubt this was his intention. :)

And we all asked ourselves this. but In one of those Q&A, SM did say that Nessie and Jacob kind of will live forever. Besides, Jake is always around vampires, so it's necessarry, if you think of the whole idea of the shape-shifters- that he keep phasing once in a while.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:

I wonder if the venom wouldn't kill him... if he would WANT to become a vampire? It's not like Nessie is all vampire. I wonder if that relationship would work.

I do agree that it's a leeetle weird to think about kissing someone your mother also kissed. I had a hard enough time thinking about kissing someone my sister also kissed. As Nessie grows up, though, I wonder if her relationship with Bella will become more friend- or sisterlike, similar to Bella's relationship with Renee.

Image Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I think their relationship will always be mother-daughter.
Bella isn't at all like Renee so I don't think that kind of relationship will rub off into them.
:?
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

ID NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY, RENESMEE KISSING SOMEONE WHO HER MOTHER HAS KISSED..HMMM.. WIERD. LOL.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
sparkle you
Settled in Forks

Post by sparkle you »

I wasn't really shocked about Jacob imprinting on Nessie. For some odd reason I felt it coming. I'm glad/happy for him though. I would also, really love for Stephenie to develop more into Nessie's childhood/adulthood and carrying on from there what happens with her and Jacob!