General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Im glad then I guess that Jacob and Nessie can live on forever, well Jacob really :)
Just keep phasing Jacob!!
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
mariebeth
Settled in Forks

Post by mariebeth »

I don't think that it'll bother Nessie to kiss someone her mother kissed - although I'm confused, I don't think that they ever actually properly kissed. Anyway, it was kind of explained with the whole Sam-Emily-Leah triangle, that once you imprint then that's it, no one else before hand mattered for either of the imprinted couple. So if they did actually kiss (I'm not sure on that one - someone point it out to me where Bella & Jake kissed in the books) I don't think that it will bother Nessie in the future.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

mariebeth wrote:I don't think that it'll bother Nessie to kiss someone her mother kissed - although I'm confused, I don't think that they ever actually properly kissed. Anyway, it was kind of explained with the whole Sam-Emily-Leah triangle, that once you imprint then that's it, no one else before hand mattered for either of the imprinted couple. So if they did actually kiss (I'm not sure on that one - someone point it out to me where Bella & Jake kissed in the books) I don't think that it will bother Nessie in the future.
They did actually kiss. I do not count the first kiss. But in Eclipse right before the fight with the newborns. It started with Jacob kissing Bella, but she ended up kissing him back. So I would call that a real kiss. Not sure about the chapter. But either its Fire and Ice or the one right after. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, or if you were thinking of them kissing in another way/another time.
Anyway, it might be a little weird for Nessie that Jacob kissed her mother. But by that point Nessie will have a lot more information about what she is, what her mother and father are and what Jacob is. She will see that they have been around for a long time. So I think that once she gets the full story, it wont be so weird. I think it will be more weird for Bella and Edward seeing Jacob kissing their daughter...
Last edited by Dovrebanen on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I really don't like Renesmee, or Jacob imprinting on her...
Jacob deserves someone better, like Leah.
But that's just my opinion!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

addictedbooklover wrote:I really don't like Renesmee, or Jacob imprinting on her...
Jacob deserves someone better, like Leah.
But that's just my opinion!
i have to agree with you on this... for me it was too much... actually i hate all BD concept...
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

SilentHeart
Wandering Through Town

Post by SilentHeart »

Hmm... while reading BD I thought that Jake might end up with Leah, or that it would have been nice. And that they would break that imprinting rule thing. But I kinda like him being with Renesmee. I read a fan fic but I can't remember anything but Renesmee's cooking hobby and she giving up on animal blood and enjoing normal meals with Jacob. I thought it was sweet =) and natural, like it was always meant to happen.
Still, I have one thing that I wonder about. When a vampire finds his/her mate, isn't it pretty much like imprinting? Has Renesmee chosen Jacob or will that happen in the future? What if it doesn't and she is compelled to choose someone else by whatever force it is that draws a vampire to his/her mate? Or have I gotten it all wrong?
LoveEdwardc
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveEdwardc »

I think Jacob and Nessie work perfectly. Imprinting does not bother me, because Stephenie has explained it that there is no lust at the stage that Jacob and Nessie are in. Also Jacob will never be known as Uncle Jacob, Nessie already knows that Jacob is meant for her. I understand how people say that Jacob and Bella were in love and that makes it sick, but seriously they only kissed. And if it was a "normal" world they would be together, but it is not, so they loved eachother and both now moved on. Nessie will not be growing up with "normal" thoughts, she will know that things in her reality happen for no reason, so she will be able to understand why two humans loved eachother before the magic got in the way.
"I'm strong on the surface..Not all the way through..I've never been perfect..But neither have you"
*Linkin Park
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

LoveEdwardc wrote:I think Jacob and Nessie work perfectly. Imprinting does not bother me, because Stephenie has explained it that there is no lust at the stage that Jacob and Nessie are in. Also Jacob will never be known as Uncle Jacob, Nessie already knows that Jacob is meant for her. I understand how people say that Jacob and Bella were in love and that makes it sick, but seriously they only kissed. And if it was a "normal" world they would be together, but it is not, so they loved eachother and both now moved on. Nessie will not be growing up with "normal" thoughts, she will know that things in her reality happen for no reason, so she will be able to understand why two humans loved eachother before the magic got in the way.
I'm ok with the imprinting in general for the rest of the pack. But for me it was a bit of an easy way out for Jacob. I wanted him to get himself back together on his own, because I think he was strong enough for that. So I just wanted an ending more in the name of free will for Jacob, and see him get over Bella on his own. So not opposed to him hooking up with Nessie eventually, but more that he had to imprint on her. I don't find it to weird that he kissed her mother at on time..There would be so much other strange stuff going on in Nessie's life with growing up as half human half vampire, with vampire parents and a werewolf boyfriend, so I doubt that one kiss would bother her too much.
I love the song in your signature by the way, LoveEdwardc. Listen to it all time, and have it as a ringtone for my cell phone.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
lara327
Settled in Forks

Post by lara327 »

I think it is SO sweet that Jacob can be a part of the Cullen's life and I really like Nessie because she is SO cute!
DeziCullen307
Settled in Forks

Post by DeziCullen307 »

I find it disturbing that Jacob imprints on a baby. Just creepy! I am not a Jacob fan at all!