General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rose_spunk
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by rose_spunk »

i really dont find it weird about jake imprinting on nessie. i mean its been explained about a million times that its not necessarily a 'sexual' attraction. its just what the other needs at that time. sure it evolves and such. but for the time being jake will just be there to protect and play with nessie.

the oooonly thing i find a little funky is that like...in what.. 6 years? jake WILL be having 'thoughts' about nessie similar thoughts maybe to the ones he had about her MOM bleck.

but im just happy that jacob can have his happy ending becuase i love him a whole lot. and i really like renesmee too i dont understand how people cant because she was written to be loved. eh not much i can do about that though : /
jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Post by jazjade »

It was the wee hours of the morning when I read Jacob imprinting on Renesmee and I let out a very loud WHOOP! that kind of echoed through the dark house. I thought, why not, we're getting everything we want anyway, why not this? However, being team Edward all the way, I kind of want Jacob to be less a part of the story, but now he'll clearly be a very big part of any future stories in this world. Will he have a three-way friendship with Nessie and Leah? That might be an interesting dynamic. I imagine them traveling around together somehow, but since I can imagine it, Stephanie would not write it, she'd write something that would completely surprise me.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

In the beginning of the TS I absolutely despised Jacob. I couldn't stand the fact of something ruining the happy ending that I wanted for Bedward. I had a hunch that Jacob would imprint in BD, and In fact, hoped for it. I wanted him to leave Bedward together and was pleased to find out that everything had worked out beautifully for everybody involved, yes, even Jacob. HEY! Wolves need lovin too. :lol: So to sum it all up, I don't find it weird...I think ti's great that Nessie and Jacob will be in love.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
JennyLA
Settled in Forks

Post by JennyLA »

I was 100% prepared for Jacob's death in BD, so for him to imprint on Nessie was a major happy, happy moment for me. I can't wait to her about how their relationship develops.
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

I think once I learnt that the baby was a girl, Jacob imprinting on her would be expected.
I like the idea.

I honestly don't see why some people have a problem with this. I didn't see this much complaining when Quil imprinted on Claire. And as it had been stated so many time. The feeling are not LOVE at the moment. That may come when they're old enough.

OoO I can't wait to see a Renesmee/Jacob arc. I really hope Stephenie does it. I would love to read about it. I think Renesmee will have some difficulties. Nothing is ever really peaches and roses is it.
Alyson Jaye Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Alyson Jaye Cullen »

I am kind of confused. How old will Nessie be when she stops growing ?
&& when she does stop growing, since she has a relationship with Jacob, will jacob also stay the same forever ?
"Look after my heart, I`ve left it with you."
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Alyson Jaye Cullen wrote:I am kind of confused. How old will Nessie be when she stops growing ?
&& when she does stop growing, since she has a relationship with Jacob, will jacob also stay the same forever ?
Stephenie answered this question at one of the concerts. She said she'd be between 18 and 20.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
fang
Settled in Forks

Post by fang »

Alyson Jaye Cullen wrote:I am kind of confused. How old will Nessie be when she stops growing ?
It's been said that it would take Nessie about 7 years to reach her mature state.
Yeah, SM said that Jacob would continually keep turning into a wolf to stay with her.

I was a little creeped out by the relationship at first, but then I got over it and saw how it worked out perfectly, so that Jake can still stay in the picture.
My jaw DID drop when I first realized it, but then I looked back and sort of saw how it was forshadowed with the whole Quil/ Claire relationship, because if that wasn't there, then everyone would FREAK out and be like "OMGGGZZZ JACOB"S A PEDOPHILE," but I think that explaining that at first, that the whole imprinting relationship wasn't romantic or sexual, that helped a lot.
Alyson Jaye Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Alyson Jaye Cullen »

OHH okay thank you. I read it and it said something like
" it will take another 7 or so years ... "

&& I was like EWWW. She will be seven ? BUT, I forgot that she matures faster.
"Look after my heart, I`ve left it with you."
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Post by roxyrae »

At first I had mixed feelings about Jacob and Nessie. I really wanted JAcob to imprint on someone who wasn't some random stranger and when I read it was Nessie I was thrilled!!! I love how he can still be a part of Bella's life but not in a romantic way (obviously because she is married) and I think he would be the best chioce for Nessie to be with. I kind of saw it coming after Edward said that Nessie was a girl, I thought 'what if he imprints on her?' and then it happens and I was so thrilled. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy him that much in book 3 just because I saw him too much as a father figure and always around when there could be an intimate family moment. Had he come by for a few visits and not always there I would have absolutely been in love with Jacob in part three. That being said I would be thrilled to read a future novel about Jacob and Nessie, I think their relationship will be fun to watch when she is older and that Stephenie Meyer would do an amazing job with their story. I am wanting to read more about them, is there a happily ever after or conflict? What about that other half human half vampire? Will there be an interesting love triangle there? So many good things can happen, I just hope one day in the future we can read about them!!!