Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

Moonlit Sunlight wrote:
threethings wrote:

Ya, good point. The first three, ecspecially when he kissed her, I was thinking "why can't you just leave her alone and think about how Edward feels"! But I was glad he finally imprinted on somebody. But I must say I was mad that Bella screamed at him for imprinting on her daughter, why wouldn't she be happy for him? Ugh.[/quote]

I know... I thought that it was a little unfair. I mean why can't he imprint on her daughter??? Yeah she loved him, but she loved Edward more and got her happily ever after, can't he have the same thing.... even if the one he is imprinting on is her daughter... i didn't really like that. I didn't think it was fair.[/quote]

Why wasn't she happy that she had another protector? But I guess this was before she knew of the Volturi threat.[/quote]

To me it didn't really matter that she wasn't happy with another protector, even after she knew of the Volturi she should have just been happy for him and she should have accepted him.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

threethings wrote:Ya, It just made me mad that she was only happy about it when there was danger.
I wouldn't say that. She came to terms with it shortly after she tried to attack him (and hurt Seth, instead). By the time Irina saw the three of them hunting in the forest, she was fine with it. That's when the danger started.
I Want to Believe
Lauren Hale
Learning to Love Green

Post by Lauren Hale »

i liked getting the opportunity to see how Jake thinks, it was nice to know his true feelings about things, instead of hear bella's guesses, i also found the titles of the chapters hilarious.
virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Post by virginiax7 »

I have always been someone who loves Jacob and Edward equally, so I was really excited to read part of Breaking Dawn from his point of view. It offered some much needed humor (esp. in all of the chapter titles) from all the drama going on with Bella and the baby, etc. I also thought it was good to see the imprinting thing from his point of view, not someone elses.
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

I wonder what "imprinting" looks like from someone elses's perspective. Like hitting a brick wall with a deer-in-the-headlights expression? Or would it not be outwardly evident at all?
I Want to Believe
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

Aftre reading this topic I read Jakes section of book again and it actually made me cry reading it again!
He just feels so helpless!
It's really good to see Edward and Bella's relationship looked through another persons eyes in that it was quite selfish!
It seemed that they only really thought about each other and it made me see how harshly Jake was really dealt with!
I loved it though! I t really gave everyone a new perpective! :D

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I still can't believe it took some people so long to empathize with Jacob. Most people did not understand where he was coming from until they read his book in BD. I've been feeling sorry for him ever since Bella took off for Italy.

She kind of just used him to make herself feel better, let herself hear Edward's voice with reckless activities she planned with Jake and then dumped him like garbage on the side of the road, like he didn't matter to her at all.

I still can't believe all the pain Jacob put up with for her, all the things he did for her (break-up with his pack, broke the treaty etc.) He really loved her.
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

switzgal wrote:I still can't believe it took some people so long to empathize with Jacob. Most people did not understand where he was coming from until they read his book in BD. I've been feeling sorry for him ever since Bella took off for Italy.

She kind of just used him to make herself feel better, let herself hear Edward's voice with reckless activities she planned with Jake and then dumped him like garbage on the side of the road, like he didn't matter to her at all.

I still can't believe all the pain Jacob put up with for her, all the things he did for her (break-up with his pack, broke the treaty etc.) He really loved her.
I totally agree but I have a bit of a theory!
You know Jake imprinted wiht Nessie, well, I always thought that maybe he loved all the things in Bella that Nessie had!
I mean she was her mother and Nessie is supposedly everitng Jake ever needs so Bella was kind of like a stop of point to when eh got the real thing if you see what I mean!
I feel he kind of mini imprntied on her, well imprinted on the Nessie bits of her but when he got Nessie he kind of got over them because Nessie over shadowed her so much!
I wish Bella felt INSANELY jelous when Nessie grew up and they were together and she saw what she was missign! :lol:

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Immy93 wrote:
switzgal wrote:I still can't believe it took some people so long to empathize with Jacob. Most people did not understand where he was coming from until they read his book in BD. I've been feeling sorry for him ever since Bella took off for Italy.

I totally agree but I have a bit of a theory!
You know Jake imprinted wiht Nessie, well, I always thought that maybe he loved all the things in Bella that Nessie had!
I mean she was her mother and Nessie is supposedly everitng Jake ever needs so Bella was kind of like a stop of point to when eh got the real thing if you see what I mean!
I feel he kind of mini imprntied on her, well imprinted on the Nessie bits of her but when he got Nessie he kind of got over them because Nessie over shadowed her so much!
I wish Bella felt INSANELY jelous when Nessie grew up and they were together and she saw what she was missign! :lol:

xxx

I don't know if prior to the pregnancy that Jakes love for Bell had anything to do with Nessie. I mean she wasn't even concieved yet when he fell in love with Bella.
I think that his love for Bella went so deep (bone-deep) that when Bella produced a child it gravitated to that child though.

LOL I too wanted to see Bella jealous. Like maybe Leah and Jacob should've made out in front of her just for fun!!!
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

switzgal wrote: Like maybe Leah and Jacob should've made out in front of her just for fun!!!
That's just cruel. And tacky. No offense.

The whole idea of Jacob being drawn to Bella because of Renesmee's future existence has been discussed ad nauseum over on the Jacob Black thread. But, you bring up an interesting idea of his imprinting on Rensemee in part due to her "essence of Bella". For some reason, Bella wasn't 100% what he needs, but her daughter is...hmmm...very interesting! :ugeek:
I Want to Believe