Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

Life sucks, and then you die.
Yeah, I should be so lucky.

omg Jacob is so funny :lol: and I love his chapter titles that are practically longer than the chapter itself lmao
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

As I mentioned on another topic, I thought the idea of having Jacob cover Bella's pregnancy was an ingenius idea. I don't think I could've stood that part reading it from Bella's perspective.

I have never particularly liked Jacob and have found him irritating in previous books, so when I first realised it was from his perspective I actually skipped ahead just to check how long his section was. Upon realising it was around 200 pages, I thought it would bore me, but, of course, I read it. I was proved wrong. Massively, massivlely wrong. I can't believe I thought it would be boring! Jacob's perspective was hilarious, especially the chapter titles - "Why didn't I just walk away? Oh right, because I'm an idiot." and the preface - "Life sucks and then you die. Yeah, I should be so lucky."

So anyway, it was hilarious. I'm glad it exists. :) I now like Jacob almost as much as I like Edward.
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I love the chapter titles and the preface too. I don't understand why people hate Jacob's perspective so much. I was upset at first, but the second I read the preface I was fine.
ImageImageImageImageImage
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I also love Jacob's chapter titles. I loved his point of view, and it was interesting to see how he thought. I think Stephenie Meyer did a good job of writing from 2 people's points of view, with them sounding different to each other. I found Jacob's part the best in the Breaking Dawn book, it was good to get away from Bella and find out more about Jacob. I hope that it made some people who didn't like Jacob before like him, or at least see his POV
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
TeamEdward1918
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

-Jasper wrote:I hope that it made some people who didn't like Jacob before like him, or at least see his POV
It certainly did for me. I was so...anti-Jake before I read his POV, seriously, like he was the enemy. And while I didn't realize it at the time when I was so distracted with Bella and Edward and all the intensity there, in hindsight I appreciate him more now. I was one of those people who saw that it was switching to Jake and was not happy about it. Like sophieet said, I checked ahead to see how long his section was. How long I'd have to "endure" this. But like everyone else I read on and got a much better understanding of him. He also changed a lot I think, we were discussing this in the Bella's Pregnancy thread, I believe he matured a lot in Book 2
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I hated being in his head, because I loved the fact that Edward and Bella were going to have a baby. He made it seem horrid and his absolute hate just made me so angry. I hated his sarcastic remarks. It was so frustrating just being there in his head. A lot of people say it made them like him more, but it made me hate him even more. Sometimes I was fine but then he'd do something or say something and I'd want to punch him. Or have Emmett punch him since I'd just end up like Bella.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
TeamEdward1918
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

debussygirl wrote:I hated being in his head, because I loved the fact that Edward and Bella were going to have a baby. He made it seem horrid and his absolute hate just made me so angry. I hated his sarcastic remarks. It was so frustrating just being there in his head. A lot of people say it made them like him more, but it made me hate him even more. Sometimes I was fine but then he'd do something or say something and I'd want to punch him. Or have Emmett punch him since I'd just end up like Bella.
^^ lol at sicking Emmett on Jacob, that would be pretty funny...
Seriously though, this is connecting to what we were thinking on the other thread...maybe the majority, and I mean maybe the majority...don't want to include anyone else in my ponderings, haha....appreciated Jacob more or less based on your views of the book/pregnancy at that point. I felt like Jacob did, I....dare I say it...wanted him to take out the baby (before he imprinted of course). Don't get me wrong, I like Renesmee now. I'm only referring to the feelings people had while reading book 2, those that felt the baby was something to "take out." I was feeling very upset during Jake's book, and so I think I connected with him more because I saw things the way he was

Hope no one takes any of that the wrong way, I'm just speculating based on my own feelings
Again, I know everyone's different, and there's a huge variation on how we all feel about the different aspects of the book. Just thinking out loud :)

** One last thing, I probably shouldn't be so broad here, basically I'm saying how I felt, and that maybe others feel the same way
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

-Jasper wrote:I also love Jacob's chapter titles. I loved his point of view, and it was interesting to see how he thought. I think Stephenie Meyer did a good job of writing from 2 people's points of view, with them sounding different to each other. I found Jacob's part the best in the Breaking Dawn book, it was good to get away from Bella and find out more about Jacob. I hope that it made some people who didn't like Jacob before like him, or at least see his POV
I agree! I thought it really showed how amazing Stephenie Meyer is as an author, skipping straight from one personality to another- telling a similar story, but somehow making it sound completely different and new. I thought the same thing reading Midnight Sun.

As for understanding Jacob, I definately preferred Jacob's character after reading his book. I found him irritating before, showing is infatuation for Bella so openly despite her obvious dislike of it, but by getting in to his head I understood him more and the way he thought made me realise why he did it. In fact, it made me move from Team Edward to Team Switzerland. =)
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

First I didn`t like it at all cause I was still mad from Eclispe but after reading the books for the second time I think no other POV would have given us so many different insights. He told us what Edward hat do say, what was going on with the pack ect....
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I actually liked Jacob's book. I didn't like him before BD, but after getting into his head, and seeing how mature he actually was, I started to appreciate his character.
I would've enjoyed reading Jacob's POV after Bella was changed and with the imprinting stuff. I think that would've been quite good to read.
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner