General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by KStew and RPatz »

The weirdest thing about this book for me was that after reading from Jacob's view for a bit, I COMPLETELY understood where he was coming from. It was really ridiculous how Bella decided not to like him anymore, but still wanted him around. Jeez, how frustrating is THAT?! Then, when Bella came back in, I connected with her again.
I just think it was really weird how good of a writer Stephenie is and got me to really understand Jacob in this book. Now, I am Team Switzerland!! :D
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

I have to say at first I wasn't at all happy to see that there was Jacob's book. I thought it would be boring and I had to force myself to read it. But when I read it I was amazed. I was amazed by Jacob's thoughts... and the way he sees things. I always though of him in a certain way and I didn't like him much but after that I totally changed my mind. I still prefer Edward but Jacob's book made me realize what pain Bella actually caused him. I could finally feel his pain... the pain he was struggling with the hole time and I felt really sad. Yet I still stand beside Bella's dessicions. :)
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
CullenxLove
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

i absolutely LOVED reading from jacobs pov. its what actually helped me to really like jacob, and understand him more. the description of his pain was just so..understandable and relate-able..idk. i just really enjoyed it..i hope SM writes a full book from jacobs pov. that would be sweet :D lol

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
XxNikkiFMxX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxNikkiFMxX »

i rly held grudge against jacob after i read new moon.
i absolutely hated him.
and after reading breaking dawn...
I STILL DO.
Ohs0sexyBella<3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Ohs0sexyBella<3 »

honestly...no...I didn't particularly love it. The ending though was pretty good as you see Bella's weakest hours..but the book wasn't my favorite. I prefer reading from Bella's POV. I just think that Jacob's description of things seem blunt and straight forward while Bella emphasized every detail in everything she saw. Her observations were clear and detailed...It was hard to adjust to Jacob's nonchalant attitude. :geek:

However...i love BD..it was an amazing book with an deeply involving plot..
Randomness Reggi..:)Banner made my the awesome shel:]
rosalie_girl100
Settled in Forks

Post by rosalie_girl100 »

I thought Jacob's part was interesting. It's good to see the different ways Bella and Jacob think. I think Bella is more 'go with the flow' and Jacob is more 'things should happen my way' type thing. It's funny how Jacob thinks as well. He always has sarcastic remarks and for me it's good because after all that's happened in the books we need a little joy. I do wish to read more from Jacob's pov and maybe even other characters like Rosalie or Carlisle.
If only I could find my prince, my teddy bear, my puppy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/307 ... 0e.jpg?v=0
Rob

Post by Rob »

Personally if im going to have to read about Jacob, I would much rather have it be from his point of view. He just aggravates me when its from Bella's. I think its because when its from Bella's, Jacob is ALWAYS thinking about how he loves her, but when its from Jacobs POV there is more about the rest of his life not just his unhealthy obsession. I enjoyed Jacobs book more than i thought i would.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

Jacob's book really showcased Stephenie"s wit and humor... I especially liked how good a sport he was (when Rose gave hima meal in a makeshift doggie bowl) andd how he gave as good as he got... as seen by his constant and consistent needling of Rose (blonde jokes and all...) :D
xxxDarkMoonxxx

Post by xxxDarkMoonxxx »

I've always loved Jacob, his character was always amazing to me. I liked him from book one and fell for him in new moon. However, i'm team switzerland. Reading book 2 in breaking dawn from his pov was absolutely awesome. I loved going into the pack mind, finally knowing Leah and Seth more, and knowing how his mind worked. I thought he was completely hilarious and touching. I really hope Stephenie, someday, will release a book from his or nessies pov. I mean after all, the Volturi will never quit.
jacob_fan_22
Settled in Forks

Post by jacob_fan_22 »

I loved how Stephenie put a book in Jacob's point of view. I loved reading that part. You get to see how he feels about everything and it is really interesting.