Bella's Pregnancy

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
HotterThanHeidi

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by HotterThanHeidi »

I didn't like it at all y'all !!! it sucked in ma opinion...so much motherly...ack...i went bak to read it taday and i almost bawled bcuz i found out ima pregnant now (im a teen..go ahead and hate me) and ma bf wants to keep the baby, ma friends want me to keep the baby and well everyones a tellin me to keep the baby! but i dont want to, i wanna have an abortion becaz it was ma mistake in judgement and i dont wanna raise a baby in ma environment. everyones callin me a killer! but im diabetic and i have other life-threatenin problems, i could die if i go thru with ma pregnancy like bella! but i aint got no vampire backup y'all. am i a murderer? bella didnt give up her baby... if i have the baby id call 'er Cassantrishana. just say it with me, it sounds so amazin, im cassandra, bfs grant, ma sister is trisha and ma momma is anna! but...i dont wanna die. but i dont wanna kill 'er... :(
sethlover33
Settled in Forks

Post by sethlover33 »

Well, I don't know about anybody else but the whole time that Bella was pregnant with Nessie I was like get that thing out of you RIGHT NOW!!! What are you tryign to do you kill yourself? I hated Nessie!!! THen after sh ewas born I was like OMG!!! I LOVE Nessie!!!
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

sethlover33 wrote:Well, I don't know about anybody else but the whole time that Bella was pregnant with Nessie I was like get that thing out of you RIGHT NOW!!! What are you tryign to do you kill yourself? I hated Nessie!!! THen after sh ewas born I was like OMG!!! I LOVE Nessie!!!
I agree!!! lol I was the exact same way :)
I was thinking, "Why are you putting everyone through so much pain for a thing that's breaking your bones??!!" lol but when she was born, it actually made me think more about my decision on having kids. I always thought I would hate to have kids but then, after reading about Bella and Nessie I thought more about it and I think I just might have kids one day :D (that's a big deal for me too... lol)
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

I really really REALLY didn't like the pregnancy. As soon as she started getting sick, I was kind of like "no no no no!" I kinda said this in my review of BD, but I just feel like the whole point of Twilight is Bella and Edward, their love for each other, their relationship, how they are the most important things to each other. Once Nessie came into the picture, I felt like she messed with the dynamic of the relationship. I know that kids are supposed to do that, but I still felt like it took away from what the story was supposed to be about. There was now something that was more important to them than each other. I also feel like Bella changed, which I know also should happen, but it seemed like I was reading about an entirely different character. It was suppsed to be first love, everything is new, she's so young to have decide to make such a sacrifice. It was weird hearing her talk about her daughter, and being called Mommy. I'm not a big fan of the whole birth thing in the first place, so maybe that's why I feel this way.

Don't get me wrong though, Nessie bewitched me along with everyone else, but you know what I would have loved? If somehow, Rosalie could have gotten pregnant and Nessie had been her and Emmett's kid. Then we would have gotten to have Nessie without messing with Bella and Edward, and then it wouldn't have seemed like Bella was getting absolutely everything she was supposed to have given up. I know, completely impossible given SM's info about vampire women. Still, if it were possible, I think it would have been really cool.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote: I kinda said
this in my review of BD, but I just feel like the whole point of
Twilight is Bella and Edward, their love for each other, their
relationship, how they are the most important things to each other.
Once Nessie came into the picture, I felt like she messed with the
dynamic of the relationship. I know that kids are supposed to do that,
but I still felt like it took away from what the story was supposed to
be about.
Well, Twlight, New Moon, and Eclipse were all about Bella and Edward's love for each other and I found it refreshing that there was a new mood to the story. Don't get me wrong, I love Bella&Edward moments and all of the books, but how far can you really go on those without giving the reader constant deja-vu? Nessie did bring their relationship to another level, because she was now something they fought together over, shared the same worries, held the same joy. She didn't necessarily "mess with the dynamic" of it, just changed it, or at least that's how I felt about it.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

debussygirl wrote:Well, Twlight, New Moon, and Eclipse were all about Bella and Edward's love for each other and I found it refreshing that there was a new mood to the story. Don't get me wrong, I love Bella&Edward moments and all of the books, but how far can you really go on those without giving the reader constant deja-vu? Nessie did bring their relationship to another level, because she was now something they fought together over, shared the same worries, held the same joy. She didn't necessarily "mess with the dynamic" of it, just changed it, or at least that's how I felt about it.
I definitely see what you're saying, maybe it's just that I don't like change lol. That's a really positive way to look at it. I guess I liked the feel of it being the two of them young and in love, and having them be parents is just a step I wasn't prepared for.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

AliLovesEdward wrote:I am not sure if this exactly relates, but it relates to babies. Do you think that Nessie can cry?
There is a part where she cries, when Bella is approaching her for the first time I think, and Nessie wants her Momma, she makes a sound they had never heard, I should go grab the book for the exact reference, but anyhow she did sort of attempt it that once I think.
HotterThanHeidi

Post by HotterThanHeidi »

i found out y'all...i went to the doctor about ma baby. if i go thru with ma pregnancy i have an 85-90% chance of liver failure which well...ya know...causes death. and i have AB- blood which is like the rarest y'all and i already went thru ma matches (ma family, ma bfs family...) and no bodys a match. ma aunt that was died last year...and go figure her organs were donated...ma life sux tht way. i think i have to get an abortion now :( everyones a-callin me a-murderer... i cant...go thru with it...i aint got no vampire back-up y'all :cry:
twilighter313
Settled in Forks

Post by twilighter313 »

I never truly got how that pregnancy actually happened. Because Edward is always saying how they need to be extra cautious in their physical relationship. And when she got pregnant she was human, I always thought Edward was going to wait until Bella was a vampire to take that step. I guess that's how it had to happen though because once a female is a vampire her body is frozen and unchanging so therefore she cannot conceive. It just confuses me.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a stupid lamb."
"What a sick, masochistic lion."
- Twilight

" I can't fight an eclipse."
-Eclipse
Celeste
Settled in Forks

Post by Celeste »

coochariffic87 wrote:
Bella's_Mommy wrote:I've never had a C-section, and now I NEVER WANT TO!
This is exactly how I feel now...wow..
Bella's sections was an emergancy one, done by her husband with yes medical training.

Real c-sections aren't that bad or gross. There safe, easy way to get the baby out if needed to. I saw a video of one at a birthing class one time when I went with a friend for support.
Your given pain relief i think usually a epidural, or something to numb you waist down, youlie on a table, you curtained from usually arm pits up, and the doctors walk you through it saying you'll might feel slight pulling and tugging, but nothing big. you don't any of it...
then they show you the baby....briefly and then go test for Apgar scores....and clean the baby up...
unless it a emergancy one thing they tend to the baby first....and stuff and you don't get to see it.

personally i loved bella pregnant.
It was something that i never expected but wanted but knew i wouldn't get...then got...so i was happy.
i loved it.
It wasn't to graphic i found...maybe cause i read worse books with way more graphic details.