General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: The Transformation

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

renesmeecarlie wrote:Maybe one day he will ask her...I have this whole vision of him marrying Sue and growing old with her and Bella telling him before he dies what she really is...but that's just speculation :lol:
I had a similar picture in my head, but one where he is an old man who's lived out his life and is content with all he's done, but curious as to exactly what made his family so odd, so Renesmee shows him the history- like when she was telling the Denali Clan about herself; though, like her parents, she tries to gloss over the worst,most terrifying parts of a story *cough*Volturi*cough*

And after Nessie explains everything, Bella offers to have somebody in the family change him if he's not ready to die. Charlie refuses, saying now is the right time for him to die; but that if his family is a bunch of vampires and 'werewolves', people need to redefine what monsters are.

I was imagining how Bella would deal with her human friends and family, especially Charlie, dieing, and my head just produced that.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
iloveetwilightt
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveetwilightt »

I definitely had no idea that Bella's transformation was going to be when she was giving birth. It really caught me off guard. I thought that when he would change her, it would be romantic and cherishable. When Bella said she wanted Edward's lips to be the last thing she felt as a human, I was about to burst into tears. I could just imagine the moment when she was finally changed- Edward holding her close, being able to really enhance that Edward's lips were ACTUALLY the last thing she felt as a human. But during her birth? Now all Bella is going to remember about the moment when she was changed was the venom and the burning sensation she felt and described in the book. :( I was really hoping for that moment to be cherishable. But i still really liked the part where she was changed-very unexpected!!!!!!
Team Edward Forever :]]
"When I told you I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."
jettabugfox
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jettabugfox »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
renesmeecarlie wrote:Maybe one day he will ask her...I have this whole vision of him marrying Sue and growing old with her and Bella telling him before he dies what she really is...but that's just speculation :lol:

And after Nessie explains everything, Bella offers to have somebody in the family change him if he's not ready to die. Charlie refuses, saying now is the right time for him to die; but that if his family is a bunch of vampires and 'werewolves', people need to redefine what monsters are.

I was imagining how Bella would deal with her human friends and family, especially Charlie, dieing, and my head just produced that.
who_needs_fangs, that just brought tears to my eyes. I love it. And I am usually not sappy about stuff that isn't in canon, but I love that idea.
Don't compromise yourself. You are all that you've got. - Janis Joplin
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

aww, thank you. I'm usually not very sappy about anything, but I imagine that's how Bella and Charlie would react.
seniortwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by seniortwilighter »

Yep, love that idea of Renesmee telling Charlie, but I think explaining why his family doesn't age might cause a few problems first :D
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

seniortwilighter wrote:Yep, love that idea of Renesmee telling Charlie, but I think explaining why his family doesn't age might cause a few problems first :D
Well, he already knows there's something strange about his family, that'll be another thing to add onto his list of things that make his family odd... and then Nessie will just show how odd the Cullen Clan is.
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
I had a similar picture in my head, but one where he is an old man who's lived out his life and is content with all he's done, but curious as to exactly what made his family so odd, so Renesmee shows him the history- like when she was telling the Denali Clan about herself; though, like her parents, she tries to gloss over the worst,most terrifying parts of a story *cough*Volturi*cough*

That was absolutely poetic...these books plus this forum are turning me into such a cheese ball :lol:

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

renesmeecarlie wrote:
That was absolutely poetic...these books plus this forum are turning me into such a cheese ball :lol:
Nothing wrong with a little cheesiness now and then :)
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

Whenever I'm reading books, I always seem to wonder how coincidental it is that the main character deals with situations so well or is so different... before realising that that is probably why the author decided to focus on them in the first place. :lol: I was thinking how strange it seemed that Bella didn't act as any normal new born would, but I guess that's one of the things that makes her interesting enough to focus a series of books around.

As for the actual transformation, I don't think it had that much detail. The feelings didn't seem to come through a lot when I was reading it, but I think that's what I liked about it; I didn't really want to read more than a certain amount of pages about how much pain she was in. It probably would have gotten monotonous, so I think Stephenie Meyer made the right decision with regards to the transformation.
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Since I have checked there is no real subject going on. He he (I have interupted forums with my randomness when I didn't check)

Maybe I am cynical, but for some reason I really wanted Edward to know that Bella was tortured and in pain during the process. Not just lying there content.

After she was changed, not during the transformation. I would hate to see him see her actually in the pain.

I can't explain it to myself, I don't know why I feel that way. But after I was like "Please just let him know! Just tell everyone!"

I have issues :?
ImageImageImageImageImage