General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Re: Bruises

Post by Bkwrm »

I imagine she had a bruise or two on her hand from punching Jacob - I personally see that as him causing her an injury.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Well, I guess we disagree. Jacob certainly provoked Bella (I'd rather not debate just how justified his action was or was not) but she decided to hit him. That she injured herself when she carried out her retribution is not Jacob's fault. The situation came about through Jacob's lack of intuitiveness, his arrogance, his wishful thinking (and we could probably go on); but he did not make Bella throw a punch--that was all her. If Jacob had known what was coming and that Bella would get hurt in the process, I bet he would have stopped her.

I do agree that Jacob was heartless and unrepentant after Bella broke her knuckle on his face. :roll: Boys. Sometimes they just don't get it! I'm not sure Jacob ever will grow up in that particular regard. His internal dialouge all through BD, Book II makes me think not.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Esme echo wrote:Well, Bkwrm, you have absolutely valid points. Jacob doesn't always exercise good judgment, doesn't realize how strong he is, and doesn't act with too much concern when Bella breaks her hand. His behavior gets a little more desperate and a little more out-of-bounds with each step Bella takes towards immortality.

Nevertheless, in the Bruises forum, I just wanted to point out that to my knowledge, Jacob never bruised Bella. Unless I am forgetting something?
No he didn't and that has been the conclusion. It was just that Jacob acts like there is no chance he can hurt Bella, we're saying that not only is there a chance that Jacob could hurt it, its probably more likely then Edward hurting her. Edward is constantly aware and afraid of harming Bella, Jacob wasn't.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
AD523
Settled in Forks

Post by AD523 »

First of all, its kind of ridiculous to think that Jacob caused those bruises after that first night. But, that has already been thoroughly discussed.

In regards to the kissing incident in Eclipse, I don't believe Jacob acted as horribly as everyone thinks. Yeah, he laughed. But its Bella. She hurts herself all the time. I thought it was funny, and I've seen posts from a lot of people who did too. And Jacob didn't just laugh at her and walk away. He was ready to drive her to the hospital. I don't believe he was "heartless". Besides, Bella wasn't THAT pissed that he was laughing at her breaking her hand. (A little miffed, sure) She was more upset about him kissing her.

I don't think Jacob would hurt Bella if they were in a relationship either. Almost all the times he's even been close (which aren't many at ALL), have been in response to Edward and Bella's impending "death". I would get emotional too if the person I loved was going to put themself in danger (or become a vampire, whatever).

In BD, Jacob was heartbroken. He had just been running for a few months in the woods. He wasn't the usual Jacob. When he found out about the honeymoon and the danger, he probably couldn't take it anymore. What MORE could Bella possibly do to kill herself? This was under extreme circumstances. I don't think it automatically indicates that Jacob would hurt Bella in the future.
eternitys_charm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by eternitys_charm »

AgentCross wrote:
Esme echo wrote:Well, Bkwrm, you have absolutely valid points. Jacob doesn't always exercise good judgment, doesn't realize how strong he is, and doesn't act with too much concern when Bella breaks her hand. His behavior gets a little more desperate and a little more out-of-bounds with each step Bella takes towards immortality.

Nevertheless, in the Bruises forum, I just wanted to point out that to my knowledge, Jacob never bruised Bella. Unless I am forgetting something?
No he didn't and that has been the conclusion. It was just that Jacob acts like there is no chance he can hurt Bella, we're saying that not only is there a chance that Jacob could hurt it, its probably more likely then Edward hurting her. Edward is constantly aware and afraid of harming Bella, Jacob wasn't.
I agree with AgentCross Jacob does act like he could never hurt her and when he obviously can. He just thinks of himself as being completely unable to hurt her. Also like AgentCross said Edward is constantly aware of not hurting Bella. Edward was always measuring every strength he had to not crush her.

As for the kiss,
haha yeah I thought it was funny, but I was also pissed off. Anyway, I don't think Jacob was totally heartless (im no jake fan but Im backing him up) I mean he did offer taking her to the hospital. He laughed, yes but because Bella got hurt without him even feeling a thing. I thought that was hilarious. That doesn't justify the fact that Jacob couldn't hurt Bella, though.
Banner and avie made by me for my story.
Please Read it: http://twilightarchives.com/viewstory.p ... 40&index=1
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I personally would have listened to Charlie and just went into the garage and gotten a baseball bat... but hey! that's me!
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

inlovewithmyJasper54 wrote:I personally would have listened to Charlie and just went into the garage and gotten a baseball bat... but hey! that's me!
I would have gotten a crow bar.
ColormeBSG
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

tricia wrote:
Pel wrote:
I think of it this way. How many of us have had hickies because things got a bit heated? Surely I can't be the only person to need cover up on her neck or to wear high collars for a week.
ahhhh remember the prom in May of '89... and my mom asking why i was wearing a turtle neck the next day :oops:
haha you were so lucky to be able to wear a turtle neck I got one in the summer and it took like FOREVER to get enough cover up on it, and then we went to the beach and it all came off..... :oops:

yeah so I think that Edward wasn't holding her too tight I think we would get bruises if you were hugging a rock all night too. It wasn't his fault, he didn't hurt her and I think he just built it up wallowing in guilt all night (kind of like her did in NM that night he stayed, he wallowed in guilt)
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

tricia wrote:After Bella is transformed we get our first real look into the world through the eyes of a Vampire.

If Jacob has bruised Bella it would have taken Edward less than a fraction of a second to record that information when he saw her naked... no mater how excited he was.

He also matches his hand up to one of the bruises on her arm the next morning.
This is precisely what I thought. Plus, as others have mentioned...if Jake had been the cause of even one of those bruises, Edward would have (most likely) torn him limb-from-limb.

That, indeed is a sad/funny/scary though. Mostly funny, though. :roll:
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

irunwithvampires wrote:It's possible, but I doubt it. Edward would've noticed, wouldn't he? And then torn Jacob's head off.
very true, i mean this is a man who absolutely dotes on bella, he would certainly have noticed if jacob bruised his wife then slowly killed jacob for it.