General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Bruises

Post by edward4ever »

Ella12 wrote:I was slightly confused, i suppose, Bella says she never felt his hands too tight etc etc. Wouldnt she have felt that level of pain?
No, when your body is THAT excited, practically everything feels good!! Your nerve endings are alive with adrenaline and your body releases a natural drug in your body when you exert energy that makes you feel euphoric (Endorphins) so those mask pain somewhat and make it feel goooood!

She did mention on pg 89 that "I couldn't recall a moment when his hold had been too tight, his hands too hard against me. I only remembered wanting him to hold me tighter, and being pleased when he did..."
Last edited by edward4ever on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
cutiegurl_147
Settled in Forks

Post by cutiegurl_147 »

edward4ever wrote:
ILY_E.C_4EVA wrote:Edward can bruise me, bite my pillow and reack my headboard anytime :lol: ;)
AMEN SISTER!! WOW!! :D
Amen sistas! I may have brittle bones, but I still wouldn't mind. Especially if it was that good. Hope my husband would be like that on our honeymoon. ;)
cutiegurl_147
Settled in Forks

Post by cutiegurl_147 »

MrsFutureCullen wrote:I think that everyone would like to think that the bruises were caused by Jacob. Because no one wants to think that Edward would hurt Bella....but to be honest I think like everyone else that Edward would have noticed if she was bruised and like everyone has said he would have hunted Jacob down and made him wish he never touched Bella.
ok people. Listen, yes Jacob held her too tight, thus causing bruises, but come on! yes, it's true Edward held bella tightly and caused her to have some, but think of the different reasons. 1: jacob didn't want to let her go caused he thought he loved her more than Edward and was being selfish! It's also because he got angry that she was actually gonna let Edward change her into a vampire.
2: Edward loves Bella. yes, he would never hurt her intentionally. ok? however, on their wedding night...he was experiencing something for the first time too! Bella wasn't the only virgin in the relationship either! While she was...excited, Edward got...excited and very passionate. after the first time, he knew what it was like and could sort of...control his passion. So, instead, he ripped the left side of the headboard! Honestly, I would find the ripped pillows and heardboard very flattering. It meant it was good, great actually if a guy rips something. Wouldn't you kinda feel offended ur husband didn;t do something like that on your wedding night? didn't show any sign of how great it was?
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Wait, Bella was still at an airport somewhere the day after her wedding, so wouldn't any bruises have surfaced by then in Jacob had caused them? That and the fact that the bruises on her arms matched perfectly to Edwards hands means that they were definitely from her honeymoon.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Wait, Bella was still at an airport somewhere the day after her wedding, so wouldn't any bruises have surfaced by then in Jacob had caused them? That and the fact that the bruises on her arms matched perfectly to Edwards hands means that they were definitely from her honeymoon.
Probably, and even if they hadn't, Jacob's would have only been on the tops of her arms (pg 65). The majority of the bruises were all over her body and, remember also that when Bella got off the bed, he gasped, turned away, and balled up his fists.(pg 95) There were obviously bruises covering her private areas as well, confirming to Edward that he had hurt her in the act of love. But, he shouldn't have gotten mad at Bella for expecting some of this. (top of pg 92) After all, he's a very powerful vampire who has never had to control himself so completely before....of course, he will have to work on adjusting the control of his strength. Practice, Practice, Practice! :lol:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

OMG, ya'll are so right. If the bruises were all over her private areas, then he would definately know that it was him and not Jacob. But there must have been bruises from Jacob on her arms, but those would be out of Edward's attention due to the fact that he probably covered most of them up with his own marks.

(He can bruise me anyday ;) )
Edward can bruise me anyday.

cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen_kissez »

irunwithvampires wrote:It's possible, but I doubt it. Edward would've noticed, wouldn't he? And then torn Jacob's head off.
pretty much, .. that sounds like Edward .. LOL!
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
ElectricBadger
Settled in Forks

Post by ElectricBadger »

I was slightly confused, i suppose, Bella says she never felt his hands too tight etc etc. Wouldnt she have felt that level of pain?
Pain and pleasure aren't opposite sensations; at times they can be indistinguishable. This is the basis of the entire BDSM scene: it's not supposed to be torture, but to feel good. So no, it's not that she was oblivious, just a bit of a kinkster.
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

I like to think that Jacob bruised her a little because Edward's response would have been priceless. :lol:

I haven't thought about Edward having to see Bella's body mark up slowly till she finally woke up till I read some of the comments. He takes all his mistakes so seriously! He's such a gentleman!!!!!
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

iamthevampiregirl wrote:I like to think that Jacob bruised her a little because Edward's response would have been priceless. :lol:

I haven't thought about Edward having to see Bella's body mark up slowly till she finally woke up till I read some of the comments. He takes all his mistakes so seriously! He's such a gentleman!!!!!
ye i don't the bruises are from jacob maybe 1 on the amr but tht it...

I love how edward takes his mistakes seriously! it sooo gentlemenish! i love it!!! I WISH MORE GUYS WERE LIKE THT *sighs*
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata