Favorite Quotes from the Saga

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Favorite Quotes from the Saga

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

I just finished New Moon, and love the last line

"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"

That line rings true through the entire series, LOVE it....think I'm gonna add it to my siggy, lol
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:I just finished New Moon, and love the last line

That line rings true through the entire series, LOVE it....think I'm gonna add it to my siggy, lol
Excellent addition!

I'm re-reading Eclipse and I have a feeling that I'm going to end up changing my sig quote every day since I love all of the lines in these books so much :lol:

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

^^ same here. I'm going to start writing down all the quotes that stand out to me. In my notebook....yea...my Twilight notebook... :? I act like this info is for a test or something, lol :oops:
E<3B
iloveetwilightt
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveetwilightt »

Sorry but I don't have the page numbers for these quotes memorized and I don't have my books with me. But I do remember the book and some parts where the quote occured. These are my favorites. Enjoy! :D

"He looks at you like ...like you're something to eat."
Mike says that to Bella, From Twilight

"It sounded as if you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share."
Alice says that to Bella, From Twilight

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." (Edward)
"What a stupid lamb." (Bella)
"What a sick masochistic lion." (Edward)
In Edward's Meadow, From Twilight

"You're lips are still blue, want me to warm those up for you too? You only have to ask."
Jacob says that to Bella in the Tent, From Eclipse[i think :D ]

You know, Jacob if it weren't for the fact that we're natural enemies and that you're also trying to steal away the reason for my existence, I might actually like you." (Edward)
"Maybe...if you weren't a disgusting vampire who was planning to suck out the life of a girl I love...well, no, not even then." (Jacob)
In the Tent, From Eclipse

"The only guess I have is that maybe your mind doesn't work the same way the rest of theirs do. Like you thoughts are on the AM frequency and I'm only getting FM." (Edward)
"My mind doesn't work right? I'm a freak?" (Bella)
"I hear voices in my mind and you worried that you're the freak." (Edward)
In the Restaraunt in Port Angeles, From Twilight

"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club are you?"
Bella says to Jasper outside her winow, From Breaking Dawn

"What do i look like? The wizard of oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything i have."- Jacob
(feel really bad for jake in this part :( ) From Breaking Dawn

"How can i put this so that you'll believe me? You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind, every second that I was away. When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."
Edward says to Bella, From Breaking Dawn [I remember this one!! It was page 510 :D ]
Team Edward Forever :]]
"When I told you I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

iloveetwilightt wrote:You know, Jacob if it weren't for the fact that we're natural enemies and that you're also trying to steal away the reason for my existence, I might actually like you." (Edward)
"Maybe...if you weren't a disgusting vampire who was planning to suck out the life of a girl I love...well, no, not even then." (Jacob)
In the Tent, From Eclipse
That exchange was pretty cute, although I felt bad for Edward during the whole tent scene :(
E<3B
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Ok I have dog-earred the pages in all 4 books with my favourite quotes and as you can imagine..there are quite a few!

So today I shall just post the ones from Twilight..

"You think I lifted a van off you?" His tone questioned my sanity..(Edward, page 55)

Bella's thoughts: "I wasn't interesting. And he was. Interesting..and brilliant...and mysterious...and perfect...and beautiful...and possibl able to lift full-sized vans with one hand." (page 68)

(Edward asking Bella to go to Seattle with him and she asks with who) "Myself, obviously." He enunciated every syllable, as if he were talking to someone mentally handicapped. (page 71)

"I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly." (Edward, page 75)

"What if I'm not the superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" (Edward, page 79)

Bella: "You really shouldn't do that to people. It's hardly fair."
Edward: "Do what?"
Bella: "Dazzle them like that - she's probably hyperventilating in the kitchen right now."
Edward: *seeming confused*
Bella: "Oh, come on. You have to know the effect you have on people."
Edward: "I dazzle people?"
Bella: "You haven't noticed? Do you think everybody gets their way so easily?"
Edward: "Do I dazzle you?"
Bella: "Frequently"
(Page 145)

"He drives like a maniac. It was terrifying." I hoped he heard that. (Bella, page 177)

"Are you referring to the fact that youcan't walk across a flat, stable surface wihout finding something to trip over?"
"Obviously"
(Bella & Edward, page 186)

"He looks at you like...like you're something to eat." (Mike, page 194)

Be Safe. (page 218)

"I suppose we'll have to go to their wedding in a few years, again." (Edward, page 253)

"Bring on the shackles - I'm your prisoner." (Edward, page 264)

"I love you"
"You are my life now."
(Bella and Edward, page 275)

"Well, it's no irritable grizzly..." (Bella, page 277)

"This is a...um...big jeep you have." (Bella, page 314)

"Was that you we heard, Edward?" (Esme)
""It sounded like a bear choking" (Emmett)
(page 320)

"This lok slike a horror movie waiting to happen"
"Well there are more than enough vampires present"
"Do you want me to bolt the doors so you can massacre the unsuspectimng townfolk?"
"And where do you fit into that scheme?"
"Oh, I'm withthe vampires, of course."
(Bella & Edward, page 424)

And that's all that I can find at the moment..i will be back with New Moon and Eclipse and Breaking Dawn later :D
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

I found it hilarious in New Moon when Jacob was driving Bella home, opens his door and smells a vampire:
"OH!" The breath whooshed out of Jacob like someone had punched him in the gut. "Holy crap!"

Also, my favourite quote of the entire saga:
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
Such a powerful line. =) New Moon is my favourite book of the series. Hehe.
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

This one makes me cry every single time:

"I know," I whispered. "I love you, too, Jake. You'll always be my best man." A tear the size of a baseball rolled into the russet fur beneath his eye.

Breaking Dawn pg. 723

:( This is probably one of the saddest quotes ever.
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

^^ That was a great line, it was so sad! :(

I'm sure someone else already posted this, but I'm reading Eclipse again, and on page 93...

Emmett had said, “I'm really glad Edward didn’t kill you. Everything’s so much more fun with you around.”

Count on Emmett for a line like that :lol:
E<3B
Mrs. Emmett Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Emmett Cullen »

During Breaking Dawn, I loved the titles of Jacob's chapters ((even tho I'm Team Edward)), like "Sure as hell didn't see that one coming" etc. Also anything Emmett says cracks me up, especially the innuendos (sp?) during BD, with Charlie there XDD I felt soooo bad for Bella...and Leah/Seth/Jacob pack jokes, when Leah and Jacob were making fun of Seth about when he was a baby and he used to gnaw on the lead crib bars and stuff...XDD

and during Twilight, when I re-read it, I find tiny quotes like "No one's going to bite me," and the little things like that make me laugh and think "Foreshadowing..."
ImageImageImageImageImage

*Team Edward, because Jacob doesn't sparkle.*