Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Re: The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Well it would have to have a red. black, and white color scheme...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:Well it would have to have a red. black, and white color scheme...
I was assuming that much :)
Movielover22
Settled in Forks

Post by Movielover22 »

I know it didn't actually mean anything, but I came up with my own interpretation for the cover of New Moon. Actually 2, because my first thought was that it was like Bella's bleeding heart, and how that part of her fell off, but then I started to think about it as more of Bella herself and her relationships with Jacob and Edward. It's almost like what Bella was talking about with "Jacob's Bella" and "Edward's Bella". Jacob's Bella was the white part, it was holding her together and keeping her from wilting, while the red part was Edward's Bella, bleeding, and she was trying desperately to hold onto it, no matter how much it seemed like there was no hope. I may be way off on this but that's how I look at it.
"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." ~ Jasper Hale
topazeyes2
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by topazeyes2 »

I think all of the covers are beatiful but a little out there, I found out on Stephanie Meyer's website that the apple on the Twilight cover is supposed to be like the forbidden apple in the creation story or like Snow White. No idea about New Moon. Eclipse is like the ribbon is torn between Edward and Jacob except Jacob was the small side :lol: Breaking Dawn she starts the book as the pawn and ends as the queen but at first I thought that the chess piece was a king and meant breaKING dawn since the K was pointing towards the chess piece but then I figured it out :oops:
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!
goldeneyedgirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by goldeneyedgirl14 »

ok. so we all get twilight and bd, right? well, for nm was that the flower was bella and at first it was all red since she met edward. and since edward left bits of her had started to fall off. but then jacob had came into her life and held her together before she could completely fall apart, which is why the crisp, clean white was there.
for eclipse, i think she is torn because shes having to choose between jake and edward. those are my interpretations. :roll:
"Ooooooh, scary."- Emmet Cullen Breaking Dawn
Team emmet.
"I have alot of scars like yours, Bella."-Jasper Hale Eclipse
Team Jasper.
Both are so hot, why should I have to decide?
goldeneyedgirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by goldeneyedgirl14 »

Ifeellikerain wrote:I'm just curious but if you could change any of the covers (perhaps for a reprint i dunno...or maybe a cover for a collected edition or something) or if you were going to pick something for the cover of Midnight Sun what would you like to see and why?
for ms, i would do a black background with a red circle(sun.) and white points of light(stars.) :)
"Ooooooh, scary."- Emmet Cullen Breaking Dawn
Team emmet.
"I have alot of scars like yours, Bella."-Jasper Hale Eclipse
Team Jasper.
Both are so hot, why should I have to decide?
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

I like the cover of the official guide.
It's just like the last book in the series that answers all your questions so it is putting the last piece in the puzzle....
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
Twilight_Sabii
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight_Sabii »

rain.on.me wrote: I think if maybe the front piece was red, and the pawn in the back was white, it might go with the others better. I don't know, I'm just rambling :)
If the front piece was red,and the pawn in the back was white, it would ruin the meaning of the cover entirely.
THe reason it was in the back [the red pawn] is because it's Bella's past;when she used to be human she was the weakest player [pawn] needing Edward's Protection [lets just say hes the king] and when she became a Vampire she ends up protecting everyone else [becomes the queen]. I hope this makes sense, but this is what I understood from what Stephenie had said about the meaning of the cover.
яєηєєѕмє cuℓℓєη
.:[ℓα тuα сαηтαηтє]:. ‹3
BellaJayne
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaJayne »

Twilight:
Apple.... Stephenie Meyer has already been quoting saying that the apple represents forbidden fruit and the choice whether to, or not to bit into it. Overall signifying the choices Bella makes throughout the book. I.E "it doest matter what you are"

New Moon:
Wilting Flower...I think this one signifies a broken heart. Wilting flowers are sadness and the loose petal is the process of Bella falling apart in pieces.

Eclipse:
Torn Ribbon... This is another metaphor for the Magnets. The two sides of Bella. Jacobs Bella and Edwards Bella. It signifies the part near the end where she makes her choice and she finally splits the two Bella's apart. Choosing one over the other.

Breaking Dawn:
The Pawn and the Queen... Both of these pieces represent Bella. The pawn is Bella at the beginning of the whole saga... she is the weakest player on the board, but by the end of the saga, she is the Queen. She's become the strongest contender in the game.

xx
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I totally get the BD cover, but just to be a pain the butt.. I think that if we go by the idea that in the beginning Bella was in constant need of protection by Edward, she would technically be the King, not a pawn. The pawns are easily sacrificed while the King is the most important piece on the board, lose the king, lose the game. (which is what Bella is to Edward). :D :geek:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!