General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CarissaCullen
Wandering Through Town

Re: The Twilight Saga Book Covers

Post by CarissaCullen »

My favorite book cover is the apple. To me, it has SO many meanings, most of which have been said. I think of it as a forbidden fruit on both Edwards and Bellas side.
"Between the pain and nothing, I chose nothing"
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

CarissaCullen wrote:My favorite book cover is the apple. To me, it has SO many meanings, most of which have been said. I think of it as a forbidden fruit on both Edwards and Bellas side.
Yes, i think so many meanings have been come up with.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

CarissaCullen wrote: I think of it as a forbidden fruit on both Edwards and Bellas side.
I agree. Bella couldn't have him because he was a vampire, but she took him even as so. Edward couldn't be with her because he was the vampire and she was his "la tua cantante". Even with that, they forced nature and succeded.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Don't know if this has been asked before, and sorry if it has...

Stephenie Meyer has said that she didn't really have a say in the cover for New Moon. If you were given the chance to redesign the cover- keeping in mind that it has to keep the theme of the other covers (red and white on black), what would you change it to?
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

Stephenie Meyer has said that she didn't really have a say in the cover for New Moon. If you were given the chance to redesign the cover- keeping in mind that it has to keep the theme of the other covers (red and white on black), what would you change it to?
I would put a black background and in the foreground a red heart that is cracked (like it was broken and then put back together. I know that it is a little cheesy, but I think the heartbreak and then healing is the main theme.

Either that or a Rose ("for a Rose by any other name would smell just as sweet" R&J)
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

That's actually a great suggestion, dopeydm (regarding the heart).

My suggestion was going to be something like a bandage- gauze perhaps. White with bloodstains on black background, representing Bella's wounded heart that she's trying to keep together.

Thing is it would be too similar to Eclipse's frayed red ribbon. :)
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

Ringswrath Good idea:
I think a bandage woud be a good symbol for two reasons....
1. her broken heart
2. the fact that she kept trying to hurt herself to be closer to him.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

I love the covers!

If I could change the cover of New Moon I will pick a picture of an half visible and half invisible moon. And the border (the light of the shining moon) would be red.
Yeah, I would chose for a cover like that. Because the red reflects the mistake at the house of the Cullens, all of their eyes turned red when Bella cut herself open. And that mistake was the most important reason to leave Forks.
And the moon because it match the title, I like New Moon most of all the titles because it is about a period the moon get "new", invisible for us. But there is less light, it's darker.
Half of the book she is unhappy, so that's why I would pick an half invisible moon.
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Thing is, a "half-invisible" moon is a half-moon, not a new moon. :)
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

ringswraith wrote:Thing is, a "half-invisible" moon is a half-moon, not a new moon. :)
Yeah, true, but half of the book is Bella unhappy and half of the book she is happy.
So half visible and half invisible?
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!