General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: The Honeymoon

Post by twilighter4eva »

I think SM did a really good job of keeping it PG- 13. There was a big age range to please and I understand that. I know 9- year olds that read it, and 80-year olds. So she couldn't make it too steamy, or it wouldn't be approriate. I do wish it could have been a little more steamy, but the age range makes it hard. That's what fan fics are for!
Alice's Grandma wrote: Edward's reaction after the first night they made love - the bruises. It was so painful. Could you imagine, he sat there watching them slowly appear all through the night as she lay asleep. What a mixture of conflicting emotions he must have felt.
I didn't even think about that- wow, that must have been really hard fo rhim. Especially seeing as he loves Bella so much and can't bear for her to get hurt. Knowing that he had caused the bruises, too...
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
delighted_one
Settled in Forks

Post by delighted_one »

I thought she could have put in a little bit more. Just a little more description to help us see just how much they wanted each other and no i don't mean her writing about all the steps of it. It's just from the beginning it's all about how much Bella wanted to be with him and then it's just not that great. I don't mean more lusty description just more of the sweetness part.
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

samajama wrote:
twistarlighter wrote:
sameasher wrote:
porschejacker XD wrote:Call me a pervert if you will, but I just wanted a better description of what Edward looked like naked :P
I did too, all the the sparkling would've made that more fun to read ;)

PUURFECTLY SAID
P.S. I don't think that's perverted. I think we all wanted that. Maybe not the, er, specifics since there are younger people reading these books. Although, I am not embarressed to say I was really curious. I was thinking about that earlier today, actually. The, er, specifics, I mean. Weird, I know. Well, Steph's described his perfect chest before, so I guess we've gotten all we can (meaning, everything north of the border ;) ).
Yeah, I was really disappointed that we didn't get told a bit more about him a bit further south... I'm not talking measurements or anything, but still...
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Exactly! Thank you for understanding :)
I didn't mean it to sound gross, but yeah.. We want to know! Haha! :D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

samajama wrote:Exactly! Thank you for understanding :)
I didn't mean it to sound gross, but yeah.. We want to know! Haha! :D
Aaaahh, its good to have someone who shares my opinion on the so very U rating of this part :P
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

I think that Stephenie did a good job of telling this part. She had a large age span to write for and I think that she gave just enough to keep it tasteful. I think that she gives us just enough to use our own imagination. I do like how we get to see that part of their lives. How they get to interact as husband and wife. How they balance their daughter and their relationship. I think it speaks volumes about how we, those that are married and have kids play the balancing act.
JustHuman
Wandering Through Town

Post by JustHuman »

I think it was a good way to describe what happened because their relationship was really more about the love than the physical aspects because with him being a vampire, that was how it had to be.
Also, some people complain about the lack of deatail, but others would be repulsed by it, so she had to keep a good balance.
'In Love With All Of These Vampires
So You Can Leave Like The Sane Abandoned Me'
- My Chemical Romance
dcluver04
Settled in Forks

Post by dcluver04 »

I thought it was good, and I love when Edward says "I bit the pillow". Even though it was a dramatic part of the book, SM still kept that comic relief. I am 200 pages in and I love the book so far. It just made me cry though. :oops:
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Hey guys, I want Midnight Sun published SO badly that I started a petition -- one to Stephenie telling her that we will abstain from reading the leaked chapters and we LOVE her and will support her with whatever time she needs to be able to get back to that project.

I've already got over 200 signatures -- I would love even more!!! Spread the word!! Get your fellow Twilighters to sign and I will mail this onto Stephenie!

Go show her some LOVE!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/midn ... index.html
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

I think SM did an excellent job when it came to whole honeymoon. She gave us just enough to let our imaginations take over. The pillow/feathers thing made me laugh. Really don't enjoy eggs much but I have to say I was craving them for a week. I don't know about you but the fact Edward learned how to cook when human food repulsed him, speak volumes.

I would have love to hear Edward's pov from where Bella told him she was five days late. The many thoughts going through his head as he sat on the floor frozen.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.