General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pamplemousse
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by pamplemousse »

I loved Breaking Dawn! I feel that it was the perfect ending to the series. SM couldn't have done a better job. At first, I was a little disappointed there wasn't a real fight with the Volturi, but then after hearing SM say she did it the mental game way because she wanted a clear victory for the Cullens with no losses and that was the only way to do that, I loved it. It seems like everything worked together perfectly. I love that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee! I'm happy for him. And I like how that shows that everything happens for a reason, because Jacob couldn't have Bella, but because of how that turned out, something even better happened for him. It's perfect. While Bella was pregnant, I really wanted Carlisle & Edward to take the baby out, I couldn't believe Rosalie was being so selfish and stopping them. But now that she's born and everything turned out okay, I'm a big fan of Renesmee. She's so cute. I also really liked how we got to know Seth and Leah better. I used to really dislike Leah, but I like her a lot now that I understand her better & saw more of her personality in this book. All of Jacob's blonde jokes were hilarious, most of his book was. I cried so many times in this book. The wedding was perfect, it was amazing. I loved reading that.
made bymayde at the vesparium.
Lixue
Settled in Forks

Post by Lixue »

The funny thing about Breaking Dawn is that I would have NEVER guessed the outcome. I was absoultely certain I had the whole book mapped out. Stephenie Meyer once again was brilliant with her writing, and suprised me. However, at first I was struggling to like it. I wanted to. After the first book is when I didn't have to try anymore. I fell in love with the plot. And, crazy enough, I learned to like Jacob. Overall I was extreamly pleased with how the beginning, ended. :D (Hopefully you understand what I mean.)
twilightluver27
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightluver27 »

I loved Breaking Dawn. I was totally not expecting Bella to get pregnant especially with half human half vampire baby! I like seeing Jacob's perspective because it helped me understand him better which is what i think SM goal was. When Bella turned into a vampire it was like she had a whole different personality which was great. I felt bad for her at first because she wasn't allowed near Renesmee and then she finds out that she hasn't even gotten to know her baby before Jacob imprinted on her. I thought Jacob would end up with Leah or something I didn't think he'd imprint on a baby like Quil did. Bella's reaction was funny though... Also when Bella found out she could project her shield during the battle, was really awesome because it was like in the first three books everyone was protecting her but in this one she could protect everyone else. The ending made me feel oddly happy I thought the ending was going to make me feel sad because it was the ending I guess. Overall it was an awesome book!
ImageImage
lucid_dreams
Settled in Forks

Post by lucid_dreams »

This was definitely my favorite book of the series. I think it was totally brilliant.
I'm very happy with everyone's happy ending. Thank you Stephenie Meyer!

<3333 :P :D
Tamran
Settled in Forks

Post by Tamran »

i loved breaking dawn! everything about it just brought all together in the end. twist and turns that had me gasping while reading. i just didn't want it to end!
bryanaV.
Settled in Forks

Post by bryanaV. »

I absolutely loved the book...it was great..i especially liked the first half of the book..personally i thought it was kind of funny..their honeymoon was very interesting..i liked it but it could have had lots more detail if you get where i'm going..but i love the name that Bella gave her daughter because its really creative, but honestly i think it would have been way nicer if Bella named her daughter Elizabeth, after Edwards biological mother. I have to admit though that i did shed some tears..Twice actually, but the first time that i cried while reading BD was when Jacob imprinted on Renesmee..I honestly don't know why but i did and the second time that i cried was when everyone was saying their goodbyes..It really wasn't the fact that they thought they were gonna die even though that was pretty intense, but the real reason that i cried was because Edward and Bella were saying bye to their child and it was just so sad..Especially when she told Renesmee that she loves her more than her own life..THE TWLIGHT SAGA IS THE BEST EVR!!!!! :!: :ugeek: :D :) ;) :o
SydlovesTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by SydlovesTwilight »

Omg, Breaking Dawn was so good! It made me feel so complete about the whole series(at least hearing Bella's side and a little of Jacob's) I haven't reread any of the four books since finishing BD. I knew that Bella would get pregnant, I just knew ever since Eclipse and their agreement to "try" that she would, but never saw how it all went down coming. When I first saw that Jacob had a perspective, I was fuming. Not, because I don't like Jacob(I do by the way), but because I was afraid the whole book would be in different perspectives and I wanted Bella's mostly. Then once I got to the end of his part, I saw Stephanie's reasoning. She wanted us to see Jacob's real connection to Bella and I don't think it would have had the same impact as hearing it through Bella's thoughts. Plus, it was liking seeing Bella's last days as a human like she did, a little blurred.

"I bite a pillow, or two" was one of my top quotes of the whole book and then Kate and Garrett's romance...love it! I really can't understand how anyone could hate it, I loved it!
Alice's_Guineapig.x
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's_Guineapig.x »

:D :D I thought Breaking Dawn was a perfect way to end. I must admit I was always on Edwards side so I didn't really care much for Jacob (I cried all the way through New Moon!!) but reading his part of Breaking Dawn made me like him more so I was really glad when he got his happy ending. It made loads of sense! I loved the pregnant twist!!! I was worried when Bella said she wanted to go to college but she didn't go so I remained happy. Sadest part of the book for me was definatly when Alice left (and Jasper) because she is my favourite character ever!! I really missed her. All I can say is thank you soooo much Stephanie Meyer!!!!
"And I'm a virgo!" - Bella Cullen (Calling her that is so cool!.x)

"Ow!" - Edward Cullen

I love it, love it!..x
dragonrider713
Wandering Through Town

Post by dragonrider713 »

When I finished Breaking Dawn, I had to take a few minutes to think about everything and take it all in before I could figure out my true opinon on it. Once I did that, I knew that I loved it. Reading this book was a different experience from reading the others. The feel, the vibe of the book seemed different. it felt darker, more mature. But not in a bad way.
Like a lot of people, I was shocked when Bella became pregnant with Edward's child. I didn't think it was possible at first, but then I thought about it and figured out how it happened. And I could completely understand why she was willing to die for the baby. A lot of expecting mothers feel the same way. But I do have a probalem with Rosalie. First of all, I've always had a problem with Rosalie. I never liked her, even after we learned her story and why she felt the way she did towards Bella, but Breaking Dawn was just too much. We all know that Rose wanted to be a mother and have a family, but that's no reason to put Bella's life in danger. (By the way, I loved Jacob's blonde jokes!)I will not say any more on the subject of Rosalie because if I do, this post will become a very not-nice rant.
Renesmee. First off, I love that name. Right from the moment Bella first said it, I loved it. And Nessie is just too cute. I was glad that the baby was a girl and not a boy like Bella thought it was. A girl just seems, I don't know, right for some reason. I have mixed feelings on the Jake-imprints-on-Renesmee thing. I'm happy he finally imprinted. I've wanted that for him since Eclipse. But c'mon! Bella's daughter? That just seemed a little weird for me. But I've gotten used to it by now.
The "anti-battle" as I've decided to call it. I'm actually really glad that there wasn't a big fight at the end. Don't get me wrong, I love a big fight just as much as the next person, but mental battles are so much more interesting to me. I love how everything was solved with thought and strategy.
I have one more thing to say. I loved the ending. Those last two pages couldn't have been more perfect.
cabingurl
Settled in Forks

Post by cabingurl »

I really loved this book. I was happy to see how much the characters evolved and matured in a way. I thought Jacob picking on Rosalie with all the blond jokes was hilarious. And loved the part where she brought him the improvised dog dish. I have always liked Jake, but did not want him and Bella to end up together. So after this book I have come to love Jacob Black, his character is so funny. Though I am so sad to see the series end. I do like that everything ended the way it did.
You should have seen the look on his face when I started taking my clothes off- Jacob Black