Made fun of for liking Twilight?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Made fun of for liking Twilight?

Post by bored by the sea »

AlectoCullen wrote:Who knew there was an age limit to liking a story?
lol there isnt but apparantly the general stereotype of a twilight fan is a teenager or apparantly so from the point of view of the twi-haters.... go figure that actually many people are in their 20's or above! :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

bored by the sea wrote:
lol there isnt but apparantly the general stereotype of a twilight fan is a teenager or apparantly so from the point of view of the twi-haters.... go figure that actually many people are in their 20's or above! :lol:
Yeah - Vicky - and ABOVE. :lol: :lol:
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

bored by the sea wrote:
Yeah, that kind of annoys me that its a sterotypical teenage story. Guh, It is not! :D
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Knives
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Knives »

bored by the sea wrote:
If it helps you understand, the reason for this is because every fan of December or Openhome's calibur comes with two or three like this.
Openhome wrote:Knives, I believe that..
wait for it...
you are right.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Susie wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:
Yeah - Vicky - and ABOVE. :lol: :lol:
Total Twilight Fan wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:
Yeah, that kind of annoys me that its a sterotypical teenage story. Guh, It is not! :D
:lol: yeah thought id vent about it :lol: although not in a scary way like
Knives wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:
If it helps you understand, the reason for this is because every fan of December or Openhome's calibur comes with two or three like this.
:lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Most people think teenagers and ladies are the stereotypes for Twilight fans but it has that magic to it you know to everyone.
angelabrock75
Settled in Forks

Post by angelabrock75 »

I have 2 friends who are diehard haters...it bugs me so much...niether have read the books either!!
The only reason they give me for why they dont like it is that "vampires dont sparkle, and stephanie meyer cant write worth anything"

It annoys me so much, because noone is born to write like a genius...and I think she writes awesome!
JustMe44
Settled in Forks

Post by JustMe44 »

angelabrock75 wrote:I have 2 friends who are diehard haters...it bugs me so much...niether have read the books either!!
The only reason they give me for why they dont like it is that "vampires dont sparkle, and stephanie meyer cant write worth anything"

It annoys me so much, because noone is born to write like a genius...and I think she writes awesome!
Well that is just totally bogus!! How would they know if she can write well or poorly if they've never read anything she's written?? And I think, being that vampires are FICTIONAL creatures, they can do whatever they please, even sparkle. :D I bet that if they read the books they would think entirely differently.
GO VOLS!!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Knives wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:
I am so glad there isn't an age limit to recognizing good writing when you see it. I'm a 41 year-old 5th grade teacher who fell in love with the saga after my students fell in love with the books. The movies are just icing on the cake for me. And, OMG...can we talk about that INSANE example of a twi-fan over 20ish??? How scary is that? :lol:
chewie1bernie
Settled in Forks

Post by chewie1bernie »

Like I said before, some family members tease me for loving Twilight, but the thing I find wonderful, is that my grandmother is probably just as obsessed as I am. She hasn't read the books, but she absolutely loves the movies. The chemistry she just loves. So, it's nice to have someone to talk with about it. My mom likes it, but not as much. I am about as obsessed as they come! Not kidding.

I write Twilight fanfiction and I actually write stories where I am in Twilight. So, yeah, and the best part? Eclipse comes out on my birthday! We're all going to go see it.