General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The Perils of Popularity

Post by VolturiGirl »

Openhome wrote: What it has become is a parody of High School Musical...
Edward is just this gorgeous guy that sparkles. Being a vamp is totally cool. The wolf pack is hawt. Bella is super lucky for getting to choose between two totally awesome dudes.
And when I try to talk about the beautiful emotions that the book instilled in us, people look at me like I'm nuts. :(
I so get what Openhome is saying. What frustrates me is all the "He's so hot" and "Taylor's abs." Sure, eveyone in the movie is beautiful in his or her own way. What I love is the whole love story. She love him but is torn by the other guy. I sometimes feel like some of the true story (if you get what I mean) gets lost in all the hoopla. In the books, you read over and over how much Bella loves Edward, but I never felt that watching any of the movies.

How has the overexposure of all things Twilight changed the way you view the books?
The answer to this question is: It makes me love the books even more.

:twisted:
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
HopelessRomantic
Settled in Forks

Post by HopelessRomantic »

VolturiGirl wrote:
Openhome wrote: What it has become is a parody of High School Musical...
Edward is just this gorgeous guy that sparkles. Being a vamp is totally cool. The wolf pack is hawt. Bella is super lucky for getting to choose between two totally awesome dudes.
And when I try to talk about the beautiful emotions that the book instilled in us, people look at me like I'm nuts. :(
I so get what Openhome is saying. What frustrates me is all the "He's so hot" and "Taylor's abs." Sure, eveyone in the movie is beautiful in his or her own way. What I love is the whole love story. She love him but is torn by the other guy. I sometimes feel like some of the true story (if you get what I mean) gets lost in all the hoopla. In the books, you read over and over how much Bella loves Edward, but I never felt that watching any of the movies.

How has the overexposure of all things Twilight changed the way you view the books?
The answer to this question is: It makes me love the books even more.

:twisted:
I also agree with Openhome (especially the people looking at you like you're nuts part), as well as VolturiGirl. The details of this truly wonderous and beautiful story are becoming blurred to the masses by the constant drool of "Ohh...Edward...Jacob...so..sexy...." "Wish I were Bella, she is so lucky" that seems to have become the main iconic focus of the Twilight Saga. I also agree that the movies have not done quite as good a job of portraying Bella's true love for Edward as the books have, but then when has a book ever made the transition to a movie with perfect clarity?? :) :)
~Mirrors are sensitive windows; they allow you to see into the depths of your own soul.~

Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ilovetwilight0509 »

I'll say this a million times, but I stumbled along twilight. I had no idea about the books and no Idea Rob toured for the movie 5 miles from my home. My husband and I decided to get the movie from Netflex. I was watching it. I didn't really like it the first time as much as I thought I would. Watched it a second time and then my daughter comes popping out from behind my chair saying he's cute. Rob was on Tv. My daughter was 4 at the time, which makes it funny.Only then did I think about him possible being hot. Jackson was in the area and I asked her if she would like to go. She said yes. She wrote him a letter. Then I found a group that goes to a lot of these meet and greets and I went to see peter with them and my daughter. I figured this is how I will teach her to write. She wrote the cast. By then we were hocked and I loved it and met wonderful people. But then my mom would ask if my husband minds, which he doesn't and tell me little girls chase these guys around. That is why my family looks at me like I am crazy because it is so popular and gets so much attention. So a little it has ruined it for me that it is so popular. Now that my son isn't 3 months anymore and he is walking I need to get a babysitter when go to meet and greets and my mom won't watch my kids when I do twilight things. Even if my daughter goes with me. I think If there wasn't so many people saying we are just a bunch of horny girls, sorry can I say that, but My daughter and I were interviewed for a paper and that was the response I read, so if we wern't called that and if it didn't have so much attention I wouldn't have trouble with my mom.

Also, because of the popularity my daughter almost got trampled on at the today show. I was walking up ft. to the barricade in case Rob came back out and we were two steps away and she almost got stepped on. Because of the popularity she writes and meets most of them, but Rob seems to be out of reach for her because of the crowds. Which isn't a big thing, but since I started teaching her how to write at 4 it was a reward for her to give the letters to them herself. Those are really the two things I could think of off the top of my head or how Twilight's popularity is not such a good thing for me. Thanks for listening.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I wouldn't have discovered it if not for its popularity. I would never have been brave enough to read a vampire book, but watching the trailer of this movie everyone kept talking about was an easy thing to do. And that's what got me hooked! So I can't resent the insane craziness that surrounds Twilight. If not for that, I never would have discovered it.