Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by RebeccaCullen »

TwilightRose1 wrote:
simple beauty! exactly! i couldnt think of how to describe her, but thats perfect! Shes beautiful, but in a very simple way. She doesnt try as hard as all of the other girls, and Edward likes her just the way she is. I like that about their relationship. :) She is CERTAINLY not normal,( despite her protests) but she has a quality about her that is very beautiful and extremely unique.
In Midnight Sun one of my favourite parts is when Edward is walking Bella to the car and she just puts her head back to let the rain fall on her face and he likes it. She doesn't wear make up and that allows guys to see her true beauty; it makes them get to know who she really is.
twilightobsessed46 wrote: Now on the topic of Renesme... I don't know why Bella got so mad at Jacob for imprinting. It's not his fault. He can't do anything about it... its fate. And the nickname... There was no reason for Bella to get mad at him for that. And defending Jacob; that name (Renesme) was a little long, in my opinion I loved the nick name!
In another thread someone else pointed out that Renesmee would never be just hers and Edward's, but hers, Edward's and Jacob's. Also, Bella all but held her for ten seconds and didn't have the same time to bond with her child as most normal mothers do after giving birth. I do think it was the fact that she barely had a relationship with her daughter before her daughter even had a future husband.

I'm torn on the nickname. I think it is kinda cute, but giving the child a nickname after the Loch Ness Monster?
Did anybody stand in awe when Bella explained her nick name for, at this time baby boy, E.J. ??!! Can you believe it?? I always thought it would be Edward Junior. It's not EDWARD JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o I stood there in awe! I coudn't move!! Well it didn't turn out to be a boy so oh well.
I did find it a little weird that she would name her child E.J. after her husband and best friend, but at the same time I can see where she got the name from.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

TwilightRose1 wrote:
simple beauty! exactly! i couldnt think of how to describe her, but thats perfect! Shes beautiful, but in a very simple way. She doesnt try as hard as all of the other girls, and Edward likes her just the way she is. I like that about their relationship. :) She is CERTAINLY not normal,( despite her protests) but she has a quality about her that is very beautiful and extremely unique.
What makes her extraordinary?
I think Bella is a vey normal, ordinary girl. She's not unique in a one-in a kind sort of girl. but she's definitely not extraordinary. maybe to Edward because he's inlove with her. but I just don't get the "bella isn't normal" thing? :D :D
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

I Didn't love Bella. I liked her a lot, but I didn't love her. I have always been.... quite opposite to the character that Bella is. (Ok so there's some controversy over Bella's character... to me she is shy, self concious, uncoordinated, unathletic, pale, usually selfless, and very dramatic) I have always been outgoing (though it doesn't always make me popular).... ok... everyone can agree on Emmett's character right? Well I'm a female version of him... sexual innuendos and all (with a healthy dose of sarcasm on top). So I found it a little bit hard to relate to her decisions at times. Especially when I knew that I would react a completely different way. But to me that's what drew me into the book. The fact that I couldn't relate to her, because instead of mindlessly reading, I spent a good portion of my time thinking about the book. What I would have said or done differently, and how that would have changed the plot... what things that were said and done meant about each character.. and how much of it was influenced by Bella's POV. Searching for any alternatives to what was said that maybe Bella didn't pick up on or understand. It's kind of like the saying that you can take two people, make them watch the same event and get two entirely different stories. That's what kept me hooked on Bella's POV, and her side of the story. (That and the fact that everyone wishes they had a romance like that to liven up their lives every once in a while).
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Because normal people find it quite usual to walk around meeting vampires and are okay with it...?? lol

(( keep in mind she doesn't have any reference to sexy vampires like in Twilight like we do.)))
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

^And that makes her extraordinary?
Bella was in “too-deep” – she was inlove with Edward, she fell inlove with him before she knew what he was. Well, she found out what he was and declared her love for him to herself and then later to him. I am sure any girl in her shoes in twilight would have done the same thing (I mean I would. If I loved him) Like Bella said, love is irrational.
spunkransom(L)
Settled in Forks

Post by spunkransom(L) »

I think Bella is one of the most emotionally strong characters. From Twilight to Eclipse she was a very unselfish person. As Edward said in Midnight Sun, shes the classic martyr. She was willing to sacrifice anything for the ones that she loved, she would never even let on how much she was suffering in the begining of Twilight. People keep saying that Bella is a selfish person, and i agree with you.. to a point. In Breaking Dawn Bella acted selfishly by a lot of the desicions she made, buuut , if you take into account, how she made that plan for Renesmee and Jacob to escape, and how she was giving up her life for her daughter, you cant really say she was acting selfishly. In Twilight she went willingly to meet James to save her mother, throughout the whole series Bella has gone into life or death situations just to save the people she loves. Not many people could do that.
But also to go against what I just said, I feel like Breaking Dawn kind of lost Bella's character. In the begining of BD up to Jacobs story, she was the normal shy, mature, loving Bella, but then after in her second part of the book, its like a whole new person. She was being selfish in killing herself just so she could have Edwards child, and she was being selfish making Edward and Jacob watch her die. When she became a vampire she seemed a little more herself, but it still left me wondering what happend to her? Also when Bella was pregnant, it seemed like she cared more for this baby then for Edward. Renesmee was all she could think about. It seemed like maybe she lost some of her love, and desire for Edward, to Renesmee. Im not saying she stopped loving Edward, it just seems like the love changed. He didnt dazzle her anymore like he used to, he didnt fascinate her as much. It just changed. But still I love Bella and she is one of my favorite fictional characters. Everyone has their flaws and she is such a mature person and I relate to her a lot. Shes awesome and im sooo glad she finally turned into a vampire

p.s WOW. that was kinda long :S hahaha
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

ITA with you Spunk!Bella is one of my fave characters too!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I think like Kristen Stewart said, every girl can be Bella, she is very relateable...except for the whole vampire thing. I talk a lot, and I don't have a problem making friends, but I am very clumsy, and self-concious...so I feel like, "YAYY BELLA!" XD I don't have to constantly hear about, "OMIGAWSH, THESE SHOES R LYK, SO PURTTY, KYLE DOESN'T LIKE ME" Like, those other annoying novels for young-adults..
:D
ImageImage
E<3B
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I think like Kristen Stewart said, every girl can be Bella, she is very relateable...except for the whole vampire thing. I talk a lot, and I don't have a problem making friends, but I am very clumsy, and self-concious...so I feel like, "YAYY BELLA!" XD I don't have to constantly hear about, "OMIGAWSH, THESE SHOES R LYK, SO PURTTY, KYLE DOESN'T LIKE ME" Like, those other annoying novels for young-adults..
EXACTLY!!!!!!! :lol:

In other novels thwe girls are all PERFECT or just get everything they want... SURE they have problems but like you said "KYLE DOESNT LIKE ME" is a typical thing that the characters problem would be... Bella is so real world, thats why we can relate to her... she has the same problems we do (except that we dont get hunted down by vampires- atleast i dont :? ) She is not perfect and is clumsy she has characteristics that people can relate to.... :D

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

LeechesRule95 wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:I think like Kristen Stewart said, every girl can be Bella, she is very relateable...except for the whole vampire thing. I talk a lot, and I don't have a problem making friends, but I am very clumsy, and self-concious...so I feel like, "YAYY BELLA!" XD I don't have to constantly hear about, "OMIGAWSH, THESE SHOES R LYK, SO PURTTY, KYLE DOESN'T LIKE ME" Like, those other annoying novels for young-adults..
EXACTLY!!!!!!! :lol:

In other novels thwe girls are all PERFECT or just get everything they want... SURE they have problems but like you said "KYLE DOESNT LIKE ME" is a typical thing that the characters problem would be... Bella is so real world, thats why we can relate to her... she has the same problems we do (except that we dont get hunted down by vampires- atleast i dont :? ) She is not perfect and is clumsy she has characteristics that people can relate to.... :D
ITA! :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!