Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by leahroselover »

^
This is a girl who was the most desired girl at school in her first week and instead of going after the guys who wanted her she chased after the guy who didn't seem to want her.

She has issues :?
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

leahroselover wrote:^
This is a girl who was the most desired girl at school in her first week and instead of going after the guys who wanted her she chased after the guy who didn't seem to want her.

She has issues :?
Oh I know plenty people like that. My best friend for example had a totally cute, totally understanding boyfriend, who she could both talk to and well y'know . . . but she dumped him because she wanted to chase someone who didn't want her.
I felt so bad for the guy. He was really nice.

To me that's Bella, getting what every girl dreams of, but not really seeming happy about it because she wants the best of both worlds . . .
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

Which is when she was no longer relatable to me. You have everything and want more :x

Come on, Bella! lol.
I mean movie Mike, Eric and Taylor were very cute and sweet. I didn't get her rejection of them
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

Perhaps a lot of it was her being naive. But even in New Moon, she shouldn't have allowed Jacob to hold her hand if that's not the relationship that she intended. Then Edward returned and she allowed it to continue. That never sat right with me. So he got his feelings hurt a little. But she was telling him "just friends" then allowing more-than-friends actions. Jacob was definitely given mixed signals which I'm sure helped to lead to that first kiss.
heh. WORD. and as i said in the other thread, she repeatedly says she cannot live without Edward, yet after she kisses Jacob, she actually tells Edward to fight for her. so much for no competition :roll:
aren't we all pining for something we can't have like all the time?
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

aren't we all pining for something we can't have like all the time?
Yeah but not the point where we obsesses over it.Unless your crazy of course
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

leahroselover wrote:Which is when she was no longer relatable to me. You have everything and want more :x

Come on, Bella! lol.
I mean movie Mike, Eric and Taylor were very cute and sweet. I didn't get her rejection of them
Yeah . . . I didn't get that either. Hell, if cute guys had asked me out I'd have at least considered it, went on one date maybe, you never know until you give things a go.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
leahroselover wrote:Which is when she was no longer relatable to me. You have everything and want more :x

Come on, Bella! lol.
Yeah . . . I didn't get that either. Hell, if cute guys had asked me out I'd have at least considered it, went on one date maybe, you never know until you give things a go.

that was a bit strange to me too, but I think it was mostly b/c she was at a new school and it was all really fast and they didnt really give her much time to get used to the school.. lol :)
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Mara Jade Cullen wrote: And what's with the relucatance to marry Edward? Sure. She's gonna, what? Be changed irrevocably into a vampire but wants to just live together with him in case it doesn't work out? :? I don't understand the logic there. She loves him enough to dedicate herself to eternity as a vampire but can't stomach the thought of being married. LIke that's a bigger commitment than the former? Then she does grudgingly agree but really only so that she can have sex. :roll:

UGH! I can't diagree with you two there. She completely disgusts me in much of Eclipse. :evil:

She made me really angry too. :roll:

I think the key to understand why she was so reluctant about the whole marriage is Renée. Her mother had her age when she got married with Charlie, just to get divorced an year later. Just like so many other girls we see that get married too young and in the end they are unhappy and hating their husbands and themselves. And she's not totally wrong about this. I think she didn't like the institute of marriage. Maybe, for her, used to be a failed institution. if Edward had said 'let's move in.", I think she might have agreed. In BD, she realized how silly was her concerns and her hesitations, and how that ceremony was important. And Renee was fantastic. Her support was amazing and she was totally right.

If wasn't for Edward, Bella could, eventually, accepts going on some date with Mike. But, excuse me? How can you even see Mike Newton, who is err... cute when you have Edward Cullen sitting by your side on Biology? The guy wasn't just drop dead gorgeous. He was a mystery. A puzzle to be solved. He was fascinating. So, I like nice, cute guys on a regular day, but... Mike Who?
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Bella in eclipse? Irritable…annoying, disturbing. Her reluctance and selfishness not only irritated me that I wanted to beat her alive--which surprisingly enough is a side of me that is only incipient in a book? But it completely ruined her character for me and put her in a contrast that is undesirable and unbearable in consequence of her actions.

First of all - I do not get how someone who is knowledgeable of several key things would continue and develop a deeper relationship with someone that they would call just a “friend”.
-holding hands while walking down a beach with someone you refer to as your best friend that you do not want to pursue an intimate relationship with frankly makes you look like…….but you don’t care really because that’s how you’ve always been. FYI, aren’t you just going to commit your life and soul to someone else? Oh by the way, how is your dear Edward doing?
-How un-aware and in denial can someone be? I find it ridiculous that she couldn’t know she was inlove with Jacob in eclipse but in new moon she often (and I really do mean often) suggested things like “I was already deeper in than I planned” and “Jacob’s and I love was more than school yard romance. Stronger…”….and loads more but I am missing my book and well I am quite irritated actually by several things so I’d rather not open up that book right now.
-And this is what bugs me, she knows that she can not keep both Edward and Jacob, she knew she was going to have to choose one, she knew she was hurting Edward and Jacob, she knew she was being selfish, she knew she was being horrible and ridiculous for pursuing a relationship that will keep hurting the people related to it…oh okay, then…bring in the pebbles and robes?! :twisted: (and when i say "robes" i am not talking about clothes.) kiiiiiding...or am I?

Her kiss with Jacob at the end of eclipse not only makes me want to throw up but it was horribly selfish and ridiculous and stupid…and well, I’d like to think bella isn’t the only one responsible…however, I agree with everyone that posted before me that had a negative view on it.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Like I said, I hate her for it. It's horrible enough that she cheated on her soul mate, but it's even worse that she did it ONE DAY after she got engaged to him!!!! A lot of people seem to forget about that. It's rarely even mentioned or discussed! (so glad we are now) It makes me angry at Stephenie for even allowing it. There's NO excuse. Who would ever cheat on Edward? Oh, that's right. Leave it to his one and only.

As for Bella's hesitancy in marrying him...in the words of my best friend: WTF is her problem?! Character flaw for sure. She wants to change into a vampire asap and jeopardize her being so she can be with her love for eternity, but marriage, like oh my god no way.

Why don't you go torture your fiancee some more and kiss sweaty Jacob?
ding ding ding. We have a winner.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo