Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

you know it's funny how edward seemed to lose his bad traits as soon as he wasn't fighting for bella anymore? i mean, in eclipse, i hated him, because i thought he fought dirtier than jacob, cuz he was sneakier. but not anymore, since he's not fighting. i really like him now.

i think that maybe we didn't get to see much of edward as the doting father, which i would have enjoyed as well, for the same reason we didn't ACTUALLY get to see much of bella's mothering skills in action - we had the advantage of her thoughts, so everyone's like "oh she's so much more mature and she's such a good mother" but we don't actually see it.

and when i think about it, nessie was only brought in when the plot needed advancing. we didn't hear anything of their normal, day-to-day lives. we saw her when she was important to the plot, and that's sort of all. we had no interactions with her other than absolutely necessary ones. so i think that's the reason we didn't see edward as a doting father.

besides, she's much too young to be learning to play the piano, and anyway, now's not really the time for that is it? what with their impending doom?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

Totally in love with him! I want a boyfriend just like him omg you dont even know... well ok maybe because some of you do too. I want my own Edward!!! But yeah, I love his character, just about everything... he's like a drug that I need lol. I love vampires, so of course I love him! My obsession over vampires is crazy! I love the movies, the books, comics, the music soundtracks, and the tv shows like on Buffy, Angel, Kindred: The Embraced.
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

what can i say? he's someone you'll never find and still most people posting are hoping they will, tell me when you find a guy who dazzles you, will die for you, risks everything for you, stop at nothing to make you just happy. :lol: where is he!!!!? :shock:
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

museicalking wrote:what can i say? he's someone you'll never find and still most people posting are hoping they will, tell me when you find a guy who dazzles you, will die for you, risks everything for you, stop at nothing to make you just happy. :lol: where is he!!!!? :shock:
I agree! Lol seriously! I don't think there is a guy out there who would do all that for a person.. especially in these times today.
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

edward, as much as he has some SERIOUS faults, is easily the most selfless person in the books. so as much as he annoys and as much as his and bella's relationship can sicken me sometimes, i have to say that he's a really good person.

y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

emmett_<3 wrote:y3nd0: Yes, but you are aware of the fact that i still think Jacob is way way way better than Edward right?

Twilightaddict: I personally hated the fact that Jake imprinted on Nessie, it killed his character...just letting you know, from a Jacob fan.

Staying somewhat on topic...Edward is just...annoying. Like the 'son' line. Hated it. But, like i said, he is sooo much better. I give him...no Stephenie...props. Haha, she made him better.

I can't say much more about him...not good anyways. :]

(Mods, if i get too off topic, sorry. Please stop me.)
Yes, I am aware of that fact, which is fine. I like Jacob. :)
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

i think i liked edward better in BD because he seemed more like the edward we all saw in Twilight, you know? the one we all fell in love with?

*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think i liked edward better in BD because he seemed more like the edward we all saw in Twilight, you know? the one we all fell in love with?
I think this statement is actually very interesting because I've really never noticed that Edward became less likable in New Moon and Eclipse. To me, he just became more real. Less "perfect" in our eyes, which to me, made him more likable.

Of course I'm biased because I've always been able to justify everything he's done. From his melodramatic attempted suicide in New Moon [ :roll: ]to his purposely mentioning his and Bella's engagement while knowing Jake was listening In Eclipse. Why? I'm not 100% sure. It's probably because he's pretty much my favorite character and I tend to side with him on [almost] everything, as unfair as that is. :P
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

well, he wasn't necessarily less likable in new moon, just not there. he seriously jumped to conclusions about jacob and the wolves though, and that ticked me off, and when jake showed up with the bikes, he was horrid and condescending. but up til then, he was still likable enough. i think it was when he started having to compete for bella that he became less likable. for me, when he had the nerve to actually forbid bella to do something, have her kidnapped, and dismantle her truck, that's when i stopped just excusing everything he did cuz i liked him - and i think that's when my eyes opened. once i stopped rationalizing all of his controlling, mean, inconsiderate, so on and so forth behaviors, i really stopped liking him so much.

but those all stopped in BD, and i liked him again a lot.

*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

holdingoutforjacob wrote: for me, when he had the nerve to actually forbid bella to do something, have her kidnapped, and dismantle her truck, that's when i stopped just excusing everything he did cuz i liked him - and i think that's when my eyes opened. once i stopped rationalizing all of his controlling, mean, inconsiderate, so on and so forth behaviors, i really stopped liking him so much.
Want to hear something REALLY sick? Once I got over the shock of his actions, I was able to rationalize EVERYTHING. It's not so bad because I've always been able to rationalize ALL the character's actions[except James because was just waaaaay crazy]. It's easy to justify their actions, though not always so to agree with them. Actually, that's the most difficult part. Edward is controlling, it's in his nature, ALWAYS for Bella. Do I agree with what he does[well, DID really]? Nope. It's just easy to see why he did it.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B