Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

I think Edward is an amazing character... he's polite, generous, a great boyfriend... what else could you want? Edward's awesome.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Ichigo Kitty wrote:I think Edward is an amazing character... he's polite, generous, a great boyfriend... what else could you want? Edward's awesome.
exactly! i find it funny that Robert Pattinson doesn't see that. wait, he does see it. but it's really funny when he's talking about him. he's like "edward is not a great guy at all" WHAT? haha. the fan attack. sleep with an eye open tonight robert. nah, kidding.

hmm...we need a topic. someone posted something about edward's human years. well, maybe we can use that.
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

malaz wrote:
Ichigo Kitty wrote:I think Edward is an amazing character... he's polite, generous, a great boyfriend... what else could you want? Edward's awesome.
exactly! i find it funny that Robert Pattinson doesn't see that. wait, he does see it. but it's really funny when he's talking about him. he's like "edward is not a great guy at all" WHAT? haha. the fan attack. sleep with an eye open tonight robert. nah, kidding.

hmm...we need a topic. someone posted something about edward's human years. well, maybe we can use that.
Yeah I find it pretty funny that Rob is actually on team Jacob, but oh well, he did a great job in the movie as Edward still =p
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

oh my goodness 99 pgs nice ladezz i think it is time to call a mod before the get angry (dials number :P)
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
Stupidshinyvolvowner

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

About Rob being Team Jacob... I find it very ironic, because I bet there is a part of Edward that is team Jacob as well. That's why he leaves Bella in NM in the first place. Rob has spent the last however long in Edward's head. Edward doesn't view himself as a good person. It does not surprise me at all that Rob mirrors those thoughts.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

oh absolutely. edward views falling in love with bella and acting on it as the most selfish thing he's ever done. he hates himself for it. a big part of him wishes she would choose jacob, because then she'd be safe from him.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:About Rob being Team Jacob... I find it very ironic, because I bet there is a part of Edward that is team Jacob as well.
Yes, yes, yes! Exactly. If he didn't, most of EC would never have happened. There's a huge part of Edward that is all but willing Bella to fall in love with someone human, move on, have the life he thinks she deserves. And then there's the part of him that is convulsed with jealousy at the thought of her marrying someone else. It's more or less tearing him in two -- right from the outset. "Do you have a multiple-personality disorder?" Bella asks him. Got it in one....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

exactly. he knows she's better off with him. and i think he also knows that she really is in love with him, and he really is in love with her. that's why, even though it killed him, he let her explore that option, once he realized she wasn't in any physical danger. i think that was very wise of him.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Stupidshinyvolvowner

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

So do I. I don't like that he left, but I do understand why he did. He was trying to set Bella free so she could live a safe, happy life.
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:So do I. I don't like that he left, but I do understand why he did. He was trying to set Bella free so she could live a safe, happy life.
I guess I can see it from his point of view though. I mean if he knew that leaving her would put him in such pain, and he knew that she'd be in a lot of pain also. And I'm sure he understands her well enough to know that she would be in so much pain and would not ever forget him. Though I think it was necessary for the plot of the books that he did leave even if I didn't like it. It definitely had made their love stronger, and had them realize that they cannot live without each other, kinda like the saying "don't know what you have until you lose it".