Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by velvet_voice »

I think Bella was always herself around Edward. Just sometimes people act differently when being with different person because everyone affects them in a way and brings out just part of their true self.
When Bella is with Edward she can be the Bella who doesn't have to pretend to be like others, she doesn't have to act all interested in things she doesn't care about. And when she's with Jacob she is this funny and careless Bella. So I think she was herself with both of them just showed a different parts of her nature. :)
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
Dark_Heart
Settled in Forks

Post by Dark_Heart »

You all make wonderful points... but isn't the reason Bella was so reckless so she could "hear" Edwards "voice?"
She may have been carefree around Jacob, but she was way more secure with Edward. On top of that, she was still recovering from Edward, even though she never really did. She never really had to, actually. :P Besides that, once Edward's voice started to fade away, she started getting more reckless to bring it back. She wasn't trying to kill herself when she jumped off the cliff... Although she did come close... She was trying to hear Edward again. So.... Bella + Edward = PERFECT

Jacob is just another annoying side character until the fourth book... at which point Bella tries to kill him... LMAO. Best part of the series, that.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

^^ i encourage you to take that attitude to the jacob thread.

but this is the edward thread, not the jacob nor bella.

i think edward dazzles bella. if anything i think she is least comfortable around him, because she is so insecure with him, up until she becomes a vampire.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Dark_Heart wrote:You all make wonderful points... but isn't the reason Bella was so reckless so she could "hear" Edwards "voice?"
She may have been carefree around Jacob, but she was way more secure with Edward. On top of that, she was still recovering from Edward, even though she never really did. She never really had to, actually. :P Besides that, once Edward's voice started to fade away, she started getting more reckless to bring it back. She wasn't trying to kill herself when she jumped off the cliff... Although she did come close... She was trying to hear Edward again. So.... Bella + Edward = PERFECT

Jacob is just another annoying side character until the fourth book... at which point Bella tries to kill him... LMAO. Best part of the series, that.
i agree.
that scene with bella. i lmao SO hard!!

i agree though. Bella is really secure with Edward. She has a low-self esteem, so she doesn't think she's pretty. But when she's with Edward, he makes her feel comfortable and pretty. He loves her and she knows that. she's more comfortable with Edward than jacob.
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

navarre wrote:Okay everyone, I have a question. Now, if this has been asked in an earlier post in this thread, please forgive me. I'm lazy and did not want to scroll through 90+ pages to see.

In my local paper is a huge article on the film Twilight. In this article a girl made the comment that she sees Edward & Bella's relationship realistically and feels that Bella was never her true self with Edward - that she had to always act & be perfect for Edward to love her. She also stated that Bella acted herself with Jacob and could be herself with Jacob.

Naturally I disagree. I think Edward accepted Bella 100% and I do not feel that he demanded Bella to be perfect for him. I basically feel this is self explanatory but what do you lovely darlings think?

Comments?

I disagree with that girl in the newspaper =p

I think Bella acts very naturally with Edward, sometimes she seems like she is ashamed of herself when she is with him, but she knows that they are great together. Her relationship with Edward is mostly very serious, although sometimes it can be fun; and that is the total opposite with Jacob, because when she is with Jacob, they joke around a lot and etc. Though I like Bella/Edward better than Bella/Jacob. Jacob's relationship with Bella seems relatively more "normal" if you want to call it that. To me, it's just more realistic. However, I'd rather believe in the fairytale or "vampire tale" =p. It just gives me the sensation of magic. I can read about a guy that has Jacob's personalities in a lot of other YA books, so I guess it doesn't appeal to me.

I think that to Edward, Bella is perfect even though she might not think so herself. The cool thing about that is that Edward is exactly the same way! If you have read Midnight Sun, you would know how Edward despise himself a lot of times, but on the other hand, Bella thinks Edward is absolutely perfect. And this is why they both are perfect for each other.
Last edited by aimee_xbella on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think edward dazzles bella. if anything i think she is least comfortable around him, because she is so insecure with him, up until she becomes a vampire.
Is she really though? I think Bella openly talks about her faults and insecurities with Edward. She is not afraid to show that side to him. For example, she makes comments about her clumsiness, inability to dance, being "ordinary," and expressing envy toward the perfect women vampires.
Even on the honeymoon, Bella was nervous and insecure while Edward waited for her...but once she was with him, all doubt was replaced by love and need. I think he has that effect on her more than anything else. He's exactly what she wants, and vice versa. Flaws and all.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

aimee_xbella wrote:I like Bella/Edward better than Bella/Jacob. Jacob's relationship with Bella seems relatively more "normal" if you want to call it that. To me, it's just more realistic. However, I'd rather believe in the fairytale or "vampire tale" =p. It just gives me the sensation of magic. I can read about a guy that has Jacob's personalities in a lot of other YA books, so I guess it doesn't appeal to me.

I think that to Edward, Bella is perfect even though she might not think so herself. The cool thing about that is that Edward is exactly the same way! If you have read Midnight Sun, you would know how Edward despise himself a lot of times, but on the other hand, Bella thinks Edward is absolutely perfect. And this is why they both are perfect for each other.

I could not agree with you more. I try not to be bias toward Jacob, but I just love Edward too much. There's something so...electrifying and magnetic about his character. I can't fully describe it, but I'm sure a lot of you know exactly what I'm talking about. Ah, the magic of Edward.
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

Yeah I do know what you're talking about :D

Whenever I was reading NM, I was crying so hard after he left - I just couldn't believe it.
I think I was even more depressed than Bella was haha, yeah I know sad =p

And everytime that Bella mentions his name or thinks of him, I would just automatically cry, I thought I was going mad!
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Oh definitely. Edward has always been my pull to the Twilight universe, so I was lost when he wasn't there.
All I could think about during NM was "when is Edward coming back?! okay, not this chapter...it better be the next one." As you can imagine, I was disappointed for quite a while.
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

Oh yes I know! I kept on thinking that he would come back, but he didn't, until the end at least =p

And the wait was definitely worth it, except for the Jacob fact lol.