Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Edward Cullen #2

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about Edward as an individual. Keep posts about Edward and Bella's relationship to the general discussion forum.

Edward and Bella's relationship discussion found here.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.

This is a serious discussion forum. Consider your posts thoughtfully. This is also not a debate forum. We are here to discuss in depth the characters of Twilight.

I'm going to address a few problems we had in the last thread. First of all, stay on topic. I know that sometimes discussions drift off a specific character. When this happens move the discussion to the appropriate character's thread and bring the discussion back to Edward.

Also, varying opinions are welcomed. They make discussions interesting. However, it is not acceptable to say or imply that someone else's opinion is wrong. It's their opinion. Sometimes we all have to step back and agree to disagree.

Previous Edward thread: http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... &sk=t&sd=a
Banner by urcoolcarrie
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

thank you Bronze Haired Girl!

so who has a new topic for us?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

it feels like we just go around and around in circles
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

so what are you saying?

KaseyHeartEdward

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Thank you Bronze Haired Girl .

Yea i know we go in circles a lot. But that is because the Twilight Series has ended and we can't guess anymore about what will happen. I don't know Edward has his happy ending. SO it is like he has ended in a way.

Plus when we bring up somthing it somehow leads to things that have already been discussed.

But things should keep being discussed because we always get new people coming to the lex with new ideas. That we are able to ponder.

Okay in the last few posts people were talking about how they felt about Edward when he left Bella. So maybe we could start from there.

When Edward left i was really upset.I knew it was going to happen as soon as i read the 1st chapter of New Moon. I was mad he left. But i understand why he did it he didn't want Bella to die. He didn't want to put Bella in danger. And it was really hard becuase he loved her so much. He wanted her.But he also wanted her to live.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

i never really blamed edward for leaving bella. the way in which he did it made me really mad though. the whole "i don't love you anymore" was just cruel.

sometimes edward seems really self-absorbed. like, sometimes it seems as though he doesn't care about the feelings of others at all, or almost that he feels like others don't feel, and if they do, it could be nothing compared to him, since they are "only" human.

KaseyHeartEdward

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i never really blamed edward for leaving bella. the way in which he did it made me really mad though. the whole "i don't love you anymore" was just cruel.

sometimes edward seems really self-absorbed. like, sometimes it seems as though he doesn't care about the feelings of others at all, or almost that he feels like others don't feel, and if they do, it could be nothing compared to him, since they are "only" human.

In a small way he is. He doesn't understand human emotions anymore. So it is hard for him to relate to them let alone understand them. And in a way human emotions somthing totally different. He has lived so long and has seen the same emotions over and over. For him they probably look so trivial. That is untill he starts feeling them. At this point i think in a way he tries to run from them. Like maybe acting like he is above it all for an example.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

oh i know it just bugs me! i could never deal with that!

i wish we knew more about edward MASON, it would make a lot of things more clear.

KaseyHeartEdward

So very true! I wish i knew what Edward was like when he was human. How was he with his parents, what kind of friends did he have? What was his favortie thing about being human?

This information would be so amazing.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
martina
Settled in Forks

Post by martina »

that would make an interesting book- Edward as a human
*side note* Uhgggggg! I wish I could read the rest of rising sun! It was just getting to my favorite part