Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by navarre »

twilight813 wrote:I just read the four pages of the phone call between Edward and Rosalie in the extras on SMs website. And well I wanted more. I thought it was deep, dark, human. I think everyone is too afraid to read the dark side of this story and i think that it brings it more life, more meaning. But thats my own opinion. I didnt want to stop reading those pages.
Thanks for the info twilight813. Holy Cow!! :o :shock: That was unreal to read that. Can you imagine if Stephenie did decide to write New Moon from Edward's POV? That would be the hardest read to get through - EVER!!!

I could feel his dead shock on the news of Bella - W-O-W!! You could almost feel him die - right then and there.
Did you read "Miscalculations"? That was a good read. It is interesting to see Rosalie's POV. Man, she was a "female dog" to say the least.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

^no she wasn't. Rose was selfish, yes. but she wasn't that hideous word.

new moon...i WAS heartbroken when edward left and refused to read further till i made sure Edward came back. the middle part of the book was incredibly boring. i have no idea how i got through it. *wipes forehead* oh well though. i actaully liked jacob then, he was fun and a little annoying--cute nonetheless though. (i am actaully kidding, i loved new moon. the middle part was good too <33, i loved it) ANYWAYS...

I hate how everyone is calling edward 'idiot' and 'stupid' for leaving Bella. i mean. i dunno. I mean, i get he left for her own good. but i can't help but relate the situation to a normal human 'break-up" regardless of the reasons or how bella felt.
And i don't really blame edward for thinking that bella would wake up one day and get over him. BELLA never truly showed edward how she felt, she said stuff like 'i'd rather die than stay away from you" -- which is too melodramatic and hard to believe when you've known someone for a few weeks. She also said she loved him, but that's all really. I mean, THERE are a ton of teen relationships when the GF & and BF start saying "i love you" and a month later they're broken up. .
Edward was absolutly wrong though, about bella. but i don't really blame him for thinking that. I have no doubt, if i were to be in his shoes. i would have thought the same. still though, I don’t blame him for leaving (okay, maybeeeee a tiny bit since then Jacob and bella would never have been but that’s okay too)
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

yes it would be interesting to read New Moon in the pov of Edward but i really wouldn't like having Stephenie go through that writing process.

But it would be also be interesting hearing it from another of the Cullens. Just to know what was going on when Edward left.

Neither Edward or Bella felt good enough for one another. And this is what really drew me to the story because I didn't feel good enough. I understand what was going through Edward's mind he didn't feel good enough for Bella and he felt he was putting her in danger all the time. By himself and his family. This choice was really hard for him to make. But he wanted to protect the one he loved. And he believed Bella was like most humans and would forget about him and live her own life, alive. He didn't realize how much Bella truly loved him. So i loved the end when they are explaining why they love eachother. And when they truly realize how much they are in love.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

malaz, if bella had shown edward how much she loved him any more obviously i think i would have thrown up! :lol:
i see what you are saying though. she didn't let the relationship grow, she just started with the melodrama. then again, i don't see how it could have been avoided, because if she had been more contained, it would have been easier for him to leave anyway. i think that just like the bella/edward/jake situation, it was bound to happen, nothing could be done differently.

who called him stupid or an idiot?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Okay just read just read Rosalie News and Miscalculation . Just Like I thought New Moon from Edward would be too dark. Reading the first two pages of the misery that Edward was going through was sad. I mean Bella's I could handle but Edward. I can't image a half a book like this though I did want more. And another thing which each passing book my dislike for Rosalie grows. Selfish little witch.

(Team Jasper: because there ain't nothing like a little southern comfort *wink wink*) Oh please

Malaz, your too much. :lol:
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

wow...thanks for letting me know about the extra pages in sm's website....awesome stuff! it would be extremely interesting to read New Moon in Edward's perspective....mainly b/c i'm kinda with Bella in that i wasn't sure at first that he was really remorseful and upset over leaving...i know he says he was, but i want to know what he was thinking, what he went through, how he felt...ahhh...that's why i soooo hope midnight sun gets published....i'm dying to know what edward was thinking in the meadow with her, and throughout the entire series....
it's more interesting, b/c in the whole series, you only get Bella's thoughts on other people and what she thought they were thinking...but with Edward you get what he was thinking and what everyone around him was thinking too.... ;)
~Amber
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:malaz, if bella had shown edward how much she loved him any more obviously i think i would have thrown up! :lol:
i see what you are saying though. she didn't let the relationship grow, she just started with the melodrama. then again, i don't see how it could have been avoided, because if she had been more contained, it would have been easier for him to leave anyway. i think that just like the bella/edward/jake situation, it was bound to happen, nothing could be done differently.

who called him stupid or an idiot?
true. :lol:
you're right, it couldn't have avoided. but it just makes more sense to know this type of information.
no one on this thread called him that, BUT i've read tonsss of posts (in the lexicon) bashing edward like that.
Kachiti wrote: (Team Jasper: because there ain't nothing like a little southern comfort *wink wink*) Oh please
Malaz, your too much. :lol:
haha, thanks. I can't take credit though. I did however add in the *wink wink* to embrace the fact more, you know... :lol:
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

malaz wrote:^no she wasn't. Rose was selfish, yes. but she wasn't that hideous word.

new moon...i WAS heartbroken when edward left and refused to read further till i made sure Edward came back. the middle part of the book was incredibly boring. i have no idea how i got through it. *wipes forehead* oh well though. i actaully liked jacob then, he was fun and a little annoying--cute nonetheless though. (i am actaully kidding, i loved new moon. the middle part was good too <33, i loved it) ANYWAYS...

I hate how everyone is calling edward 'idiot' and 'stupid' for leaving Bella. i mean. i dunno. I mean, i get he left for her own good. but i can't help but relate the situation to a normal human 'break-up" regardless of the reasons or how bella felt.
And i don't really blame edward for thinking that bella would wake up one day and get over him. BELLA never truly showed edward how she felt, she said stuff like 'i'd rather die than stay away from you" -- which is too melodramatic and hard to believe when you've known someone for a few weeks. She also said she loved him, but that's all really. I mean, THERE are a ton of teen relationships when the GF & and BF start saying "i love you" and a month later they're broken up. .
Edward was absolutly wrong though, about bella. but i don't really blame him for thinking that. I have no doubt, if i were to be in his shoes. i would have thought the same. still though, I don’t blame him for leaving (okay, maybeeeee a tiny bit since then Jacob and bella would never have been but that’s okay too)
Well, I still stand by that hideous word(for the beginning of the saga anyway), but I will give Rosalie this, she did feel guilt for jumping the gun and calling Edward, she actually missed Edward while he was gone, that shows me that she is capable outside of her feelings for Emmett that she can care for other people. I do like the chapter in Eclipse "Unhappy Ending" when she told Bella about her past life and even though she still really did not like Bella that much, she at least was going to try not to be such a monster. In BD even though she had selfish reasons with Bella and the pregnancy, she and Bella actually found peace with each other after Renesmee was born.
(This probably should be in the "Rosalie" thread - sorry.)

BTW, I would take Edward anyday of the week, regardless. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

malaz wrote: And i don't really blame edward for thinking that bella would wake up one day and get over him. BELLA never truly showed edward how she felt, she said stuff like 'i'd rather die than stay away from you" -- which is too melodramatic and hard to believe when you've known someone for a few weeks. She also said she loved him, but that's all really. I mean, THERE are a ton of teen relationships when the GF & and BF start saying "i love you" and a month later they're broken up. . .
. . . 0.0 . . .

Edward also said he couldn't stay away from her, and he was willing to die for her. I'd say, if anyone was melodramatic, it was most definitely Edward— without a doubt, I'd say. XD

And I agree with holdingoutforjacob: Bella definitely showed him how she felt.
The reason Edward left was not (at least not importantly) because he feared Bella would get *tired* of him. >.> It was because he feared for her safety, which is why he left after the birthday party— after his own brother tried to kill her.

So you really can't blame Bella for Edward's leaving. (and when I start saying you can't blame Bella, it means quite a bit XD ).

And what, pray tell, would you suggest Bella do to make sure Edward knew she loved him forever and ever and ever? I think she did a lot more than she need to even. She would get down on her knees and kiss his feet, methinks. :P
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Amivera - i don't know why, but sometimes i feel as if you're mocking my posts. and you're missing the whole point of my post, regardless.

navarre -- haha, i know Rose can be like that. i just hate the 'hideous' word, i wouldn't want it to be applyed to any twilight character. but it's okay, i absolutly understand where you're coming from. hehe!!

i'd take Edward any...*ponders* any, um...minute of my life. hahahaha...seriously. if 15 years from now, and i am married and he comes knocking on my door. i'll grab my purse and never look back. ;) - i'll makesure to tell my nonexistand husband that. we'll make a deal and he'll have to agree to it, whether it kills me or no.

and new moon from edward's point of view - i might as well throw myself out the window. i doubt i could handle it. haha...THAT small passage from his pov on SM site is soo sad.