Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by Amivera »

I can assure you, I wasn't mocking you. My post was a completely serious response.

Could you clarify what you meant and where I missed your point? I thought you were saying that Bella was to blame for Edward's leaving, because she didn't do enough to make him understand he loved her? That's what it appeared to be.
BELLA never truly showed edward how she felt, she said stuff like 'i'd rather die than stay away from you" -- which is too melodramatic and hard to believe when you've known someone for a few weeks.
Is that not what you were implying?
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

it seemed so. you were taking it out of context.

I've never said Bella is to blame. I SAID i don't blame edward in thinking that when he left, bella would spend a week or so weeping and then she'd get over him. that's what he thought and i don't blame him for thinking it.
Because, we know edward is stuborn and so is bella. imensely so. SO sometimes, words are not always recieved as strongly to your lover as you mean them. So although bella meant 'i'd rather die than stay away from you' it was way too melodramatic and to edward it seemed rather..i dunno. he didn't know how MUCH she actaully meant those words...does that make sense?
I just mean, they were both in denial of how much they each loved each other.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Amivera wrote:I can assure you, I wasn't mocking you. My post was a completely serious response.
I'm confuse didn't tell me that Edward wasn't worth it. I'm paraphrasing what you really said as not to upset anyone.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^Sorry, I didn't quite understand that, Kachiti.
malaz wrote:it seemed so. you were taking it out of context.
That's not mocking, sorry.
I've never said Bella is to blame. I SAID i don't blame edward in thinking that when he left, bella would spend a week or so weeping and then she'd get over him. that's what he thought and i don't blame him for thinking it.
The way you said it seemed like you were blaming Bella. Again:
BELLA never truly showed edward how she felt, she said stuff like 'i'd rather die than stay away from you" -- which is too melodramatic and hard to believe when you've known someone for a few weeks.
Bella is emphasized, and it's repeatedly said that she didn't do enough, which is why I 'misinterpreted' what you were saying.
Again though, in saying you understand why Edward left, it seems that you are blaming Bella in a way by saying she didn't do enough to keep him there, but you still haven't answered my question about what else she could have done to keep him there.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

ohmygod, amivera...i am not.blaming.bella FOR anything at all. i am not blaming, i am pointing something out.

and yes it seemed like you were mocking my post. not because you were taking it out of context, it seemed like you were mocking it. like actaull mocking. at least that's how i read it.
it seems that you are blaming Bella in a way by saying she didn't do enough to keep him there
see, that's not what i am saying, AT ALL!
SO sometimes, words are not always recieved as strongly to your lover as you mean them
that sentence from my last post, basically sums up my thoughts.

there wasn't anything bella could do to make edward stay. the event was unavoidable like hofj said.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Mmkay.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

So for a little ice breaker, I've been thinking that someone should take a "How to Romance your girlfriend" from most of Edwards actions. My boyfriend actually asked me if after reading Twilight I had higher expectations from him. Fortunately he is already super sweet.

What are some of the moments that you just sighed with envy, wishing edward was saying them to you
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

actually, i would rather have a really sincere and sweet and simple i love you moment than flowery prose. i know it sounds crazy, but that's just me. it just seems more genuine, in this day and age. it works for edward since he's like, 107, lol.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Amivera wrote:^Sorry, I didn't quite understand that, Kachiti.

You said and I quote " Edward Cullen is a******* and Twilight is a******."
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

ok. ok. let's everyone stop this before it gets going.

malaz - amivera wasn't mocking you, but you definitely missed the point of HER posts. everything you said was coherant and made a lot of sense from the way you were looking at it, but that was not the way it was intended to be interpreted. that's all.

when there's a misunderstanding, my dearies, the best thing to do is ALWAYS to make sure you and the other person understand what's being said before you respond in a way that could make someone upset. and a misunderstanding is never any one person's fault. so let's calm down ladies.

kachiti i'm sorry if it seems like i'm yelling at you, i'm really not, you haven't done anything wrong, i just don't want anything to get started that will cause an argument.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...